• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos OTA's - 2013

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that I would share a little bit of the local coverage in Denver regarding this year's OTA's for those that don't live here or follow the Denver area media reports.

I have heard now from at least 3 different local sports sources that the Broncos OTAs are by far the most efficient, talent laden, fast and powerful OTAs in the last fifteen seasons. Reports indicate that the team is incredibly motivated by the loss to Baltimore in the playoffs and are committed to practicing and building in the same way. "Well-oiled machine" is a phrase that's used a lot.

Insiders are reporting that Peyton Manning looks much stronger than last year, our back-up quarterbacks all look very good, Welker looks like he's been in the Broncos system for years and our defense as a whole is coming together very well. The defense is certainly benefitting from the super fast offensive pace that Adam Gase has implemented on offense.

Our offensive line is beefier, deeper and close-knit. The D-line got a lot bigger and more experienced in the off-season. Our wide receiving corps is often being rated as the best trio in the NFL. Montee Ball has been very impressive so far and quite a few are comparing his running style to Terrell Davis.

In all my years in Denver, I've never heard so much optimism that the Broncos were going to dominate and take the NFL by storm.

The coaching staff is preaching faster and faster on both sides of the ball. They have addressed personnel needs to defend against some of our 2013 opponents and Fox/Gase/Del Rio/Elway are claiming that they are going to be more aggressive with the kind of killer instinct that was such a big part of the 1997-1998 Broncos teams. We've got to put lesser opponents down earlier and close out games better than last year's squad.

I get that these are only OTAs and that there is always local area media bias, but trust me when I tell you that these so-called experts are typically brutal when it comes to critiquing the Broncos. Everyone with a media voice so far is saying that the Broncos are incredibly positioned to make a serious Super Bowl run. We'll see, but it's encouraging to hear this much positive chatter coming out of their first organized team activities.

Hopefully, the bright lights of expectations or the dreaded injury bug doesn't get in their way. Should be a very exciting season to watch our beloved Broncos play!

Go Broncos!!

MH64

Last edited by a moderator:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is sounding pretty good. Like that they've got a "killer instinct." All leading up to a curb stomping of the Ravens on opening night, and ending a SB run.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info and insight, MH. I was actually expecting this sort of mentality and approach from the team after the way we went out last season, but it is good to hear it affirmed by other sources.

This stuff gets me pumped. Can't wait for the season.

Boo Radley

Death's Brother, Sleep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good...and I want to believe it all..BUT...Waiting for Coach Fox to play an "Agressive" style!? I won't be holding my breath on that at all!