• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Broncos @ Chiefs 8:25 PM ET

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His OL isn't very good, they are very young.
Yeah I agree with that after watching the whole game. Payton had good numbers but it seems like he cant throw the ball further then 20 yards now. Every throw looks like he is struggling.

What a bad loss for KC. That is a tough one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Both were fumbles... So much for the new Kubiak offense. Manning looked a lot better once that was thrown out.

I don't quite get making some of those changes to the offense. It appears Manning is better in the shotgun than under Center. Why mess up a good thing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the first quarter when he had pressure in his face on every dropback, Manning looked pretty good last night. I think we tend to over analyze EVERY one of his throws b/c of his age and the fact he set the bar so high. As long as that young O-Line give him some time, he'll be just fine.

You may not have seen my other posts on this topic...I do think this is the end for PM, but I agree with your point in bold...but under pressure, which I think he's going to face in the playoffs, he's clearly a different QB now...having a rookie at LT was not in the game plan in the summer.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite get making some of those changes to the offense. It appears Manning is better in the shotgun than under Center. Why mess up a good thing.

The problem is it typically fails in the play offs at some point. No QB has ever passed more than 600 times and won a SB in he same year. Elway knows this all too well. Manning cannot run the stretch zone that Kubiak runs. Manning is a pretty one dimensional QB.

I am pretty sure elway is trying to build the team for the future as well as now. The interesting thing is OZ probably fits what Kubiak wants to do since that offense is so dependant on bootlegs. Manning cannot do it.

He has always been a one dimensional QB. Especially now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see issues with both the Bronocs and the Chiefs if we are talking about winning a Super Bowl.

Chiefs are built like an indoor team. Alex Smith throws the ball a couple of yards and some really speedy player runs for the first down. I think they are a finesse team on offense. Finesse players are going to cough up the ball and finesse players are at some point going to have issues in the red zone. On paper the Chiefs are as talented as any other team in football but did anyone think Alex Smith was capable of running the team down the field with 1 minute remaining and 1 timeout? They look every bit like a 10-11 win team that has a ceiling to its upside.

Broncos can't run the ball and Peyton is only a really good QB and not an earth shattering one. I also think that a good QB and a solid speedy WR could give them issues. Talib isn't the perfect corner against speed guys and Darian Stewart isn't great at coverage. They also look every bit like a 9-12 win team with a ceiling.

On paper both teams are pretty sick, though. All of the contenders have flaws they need to fix.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might wanna look at that again. I have him on 1 of my FF team's and he earned me 20.7 points.

Every league has a diff point system... Ours is 25 yards = 1 pt; reception = 1 pt; Touchdown = 6pts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this video just about sums up every single Chiefs fan last night...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the time management snafus irritate me on Reid's end, it'd be pretty hard for me to say his playcalling/coaching didn't elevate the offense/team quite a bit more than it hurt it the past two years; he's done a great job mitigating a horrific WR/OL situation the previous two years- I give him a lot of credit for that. Not sure that was the case on Thursday, but it is a question of net benefits here. If the Chiefs don't commit even 4 turnovers, is the result different? Maybe, maybe not- mildly irritating I can't know the answer to that, but oh well. Jamaal was averaging 6 a pop on the ground, 7.6 YPA through the air. As much as some of his playcalls were eccentric, I have seen them work quite a bit- Denver just did their homework when it came to exploiting mistakes.

I DO find the Jamaal carry to end the game effectively to be completely indefensible. That's just insanity no matter how good/explosive the RB is that night. I just hope the lack of execution of said playcalls doesn't become a theme. It was a team wide failure to execute. This has been a very difficult team to force turnovers against for the past two years, so I am assuming that problem gets eliminated rather quickly.