• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was the top QB, but Darnold and Allen are both going VERY early. Assuming Darnold declares, which he once said he has no intentions then backed up out of that comment. In reality this early has no idea. But he should.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today - I'd say Darnold is sitting at the top of the draft - if he ends the season that way - no way he stays.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a chance to watch Darnold pretty much every game since he took over in game 4 I believe and although it's relatively small sample size, this kid looks special. Kind of reminds me of a Farve/ Rodgers ish with a dash of (,most of you to young to remember ) , Tom Osborn, I believe his name was, qb for Vikings while back. Had that mean LB mentality for Qb. Anyway, if he looks the part again this year, he doesn't strike me as the type who would shy away from any NFL team if he declares. Think he would relish any challenge and be confident he could bring SB to any team that drafts him. I could be way wrong but if you get chance and didn't watch the Penn St game, you'll see what I mean. I think anyway, he going 1st next yr and will be special. JMOOC :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today - I'd say Darnold is sitting at the top of the draft - if he ends the season that way - no way he stays.

Right! But we have seen guys stay. I am not predicting it and I would be shocked barring a setback of a season for him..

I mean I didn't expect Matt Leinart to stay either. Although he played on a much better USC team and oddly enough repeating was important to him then he bombed in the NFL anyway so maybe he knew something we didn't. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right! But we have seen guys stay. I am not predicting it and I would be shocked barring a setback of a season for him..

I mean I didn't expect Matt Leinart to stay either. Although he played on a much better USC team and oddly enough repeating was important to him then he bombed in the NFL anyway so maybe he knew something we didn't. ;)

I'm not the one who said Leinart would go into the draft. Luck also stayed. My judgement of Darnold is different - he doesn't stay - if he is the consensus top pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you said anything on Leinart. I am saying he stayed when everyone thought he had no chance to stay.

My judgement of Darnold is the same as yours.

I am just saying. It has happened.

Also depends on academics. Andrew Luck was what? Like a triple major or some really school focused major he was finishing up.

I don't know about Darnold academecially but sometimes that does play a role.

Let's not forget Darnold is a RS SOPH this year, not a RS JR or true JR. Which means it is only his second year of football. He may want another year to develop...

Does he declare if he is the clear top #1? Yes. I 100% agree. But I am just saying... There could be reasons why we shouldn't be shocked if he did not.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharing this article not because I think he not declaring because I am almost certain he will. Articles about players a year ahead of time talking about if they will or won't declare mean nothing to me, but it is an article worth a read.

Matt Miller the draft analyst mentioned in this article is a guy I use to help on his draft site until I branched off onto my own. He found me on KFFL to join up.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it says "error: cannot read property 'autoplay' of undefined"

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, we can't tell you Doc - or we would have to kill you.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My current QB notes:

Sam Darnold USC 6’4” 225 lbs

Awkward throwing motion and somewhat slow processing speed but RSSO with huge potential. Strong arm to fit within throwing windows and get ball deep to test defense. Throws with surprising anticipation last season for a RS Fresh, maybe best in class outside of Falk. Looks like a linebacker, has body to slip arm tackles. Good athlete to move out of pocket and create broken splash plays. Moves well within pocket, making small movement to create space and throwing lanes. Throw off a multitude of different platforms. Can trust arm too much. Again, that throwing motion is extra odd and will need to be tightened… works for a guy like Rivers but yowza its funky.

Josh Allen Wyoming 6’5” 222 lbs

Needs to play better in pocket/within scheme but incredible tools. HUGE ARM and can make plays outside pocket that are jaw dropping in terms of athleticism, velocity, and placement. Too eager to escape and play streetball. Accuracy within pocket is inconsistent. Low comp % but in part due to distance of most throws. Way too many ‘yolo’ balls (5 ints vs nebraska). Anticipation/touch throws need work. Prostyle offense. Is the HWS type Elway loves but really has a lot of variability where he will land, cannot succeed in NFL if he just playing streetball but has the best overall tools in the class. He is what I had hoped Lynch would be.

Josh Rosen UCLA 6’4” 215 lbs

Reminds me of Matt Ryan. Smooth delivery and touch. Enough arm and mobility. Attitude? Smart. Arm isn’t wow but can put great touch and anticipation on ball.Does a great job manipulating the pocket and sliding into gap while keeping body square to deliver ball. Movement in and out of pocket is looking to throw, not run. Can get reckless though if pressure is there, too much hero instead of taking loss. Can trust arm too much and is ‘steaky’ overall. Plays prostyle system

Lamar Jackson Louisville 6’3” 205 lbs

Needs to bulk up and work on timing throws. Has a whip using his full body to get surprising velocity on ball but inconsistent ball placement… not sure NFL QB. These types scare me. Questionable read ability given he would do deep ball, checkdown, takeoff to great effect at Louisville. Not as slippery as Vick but can be gone in straight line speed. 2nd strongest arm in class. Feet are inconsistent as hell. Better version of RG3?

Luke Falk WSU 6’4” 205 lbs

Very smart and accurate qb but very skinny and not a real threat with legs. Chad Pennington level arm strength. Played in air raid. Maybe smartest qb in this class. Doesn’t feel like an Elway QB given his lack of bulk/arm/athleticism.

Jarrett Stidham Auburn 6’3” 210 lbs

Good compact athlete with wheels and arm strength to challenge vertically. Inconsistent placement and accuracy. Questionable processing speed. Playing in a spread run scheme likely hinders his development as a touch passer but has fun tools.

Mason Rudolph OSU 6’5” 225 lbs

Big qb but nothing too special imo. Big frame to play in pocket and stand tall but no real ‘wow’ tools. Solid throws and understanding of scheme. Can throw guys open. Doesn’t look like a franchise signal caller.

Baker Mayfield OKLA 6’2” 214 lbs

Not sure he is an NFL starting QB. Plays in big 12 where he can spread and play shotgun. Decent athlete with solid enough arm. Off the field issues. Doesn’t play in NFL scheme. Not sure if his skills will translate to NFL but fun college QB.

Deandre Francois FSU 6’2” 205 lbs

High upside QB pry not coming out. Inconsistent accuracy but has wow throws. Crazy good standing in pocket in pressure. Big strong guy who is more than athletic enough to handle QB. If returns, potential #1 in 2019.

Chase Litton Marshall 6’6” 225

Not the arm you want for a big qb. Awkward windup/delivery needs to be cleaned up. Can move in pocket but not a threat with legs. Mike Glennon like imo given length and lack of athleticism/arm. Has some nice touch tho when asked to escape and throw off a different platform

Nick Fitzgerald MSU 6’5” 230

Watching him it felt very Tebow like. Most of his wow plays are on the ground. Shows good arm strength but incredibly inconsistent. Plays more like a RB than a WR but has a lot of tools and one to watch this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good rundown . Disagree on Rudolph though. He is a franchise QB. At worst he is Kirk Cousins, IMO. Love him.. Very high on him.
Falk while not a great arm, has a much better arm then Pennington (But that is a very low ceiling of arm to compare him to) Falk will carve you up. He isn't your typical Air Raid Leach QB.

I do hate Air Rade QB's in terms of development, but love them for my college fantasy league. Falk isn't your typical Air Rade though. Goff and Mahomes were air rade and we will see if they have success. much different QB then Falk for both through. Goff and Mahomes sling it and have turned the ball over in college, but great arms. Falk is smarter, but not the arm strength.

Love this years QB class. The top guys are obvious. Lamar Jackson improved a lot as a passer from FR to SO year still has a ways to go but can get there. I like his development under Petrino very much.
Mason Rudolph is a real possibility for us if we struggle this year. I don't think we have a shot at the top 3. We won't be bad enough and it will cost your dog and your left nut to move up for them. Rudolph is the guy I sorta have my eye on if QB goes wrong this year. Love him.

No way should Stidham develop as a RS SOPH. He needs another year. (Ask me again in December) but he stuggled in camp this year but was named the starter over and unimpressive Sean White. He will get better and is a good prospect to watch but needs two full seasons otherwise he is gonna bust.

Fitzgerald reminds me more of the middle person between a Tebow and Prescott then soley Tebow. He has a long ways to go this year if he is gonna declare. I don't see him declaring but we will see how that goes. Great runner. Tebow like runner, bit better passer though. But not a great passer by any means. He has a ways to go as a passer before he can think about declaring.

Francois got better every week last year. Started off rough as a passer. I'm starting to like what i see from him developing.

Don't sleep on Syracuse QB Eric Dungey, a JR, but many concussion issues.

WV QB Will Grier will be a good prospect too if he declares

And watch out for Oregon SOPH QB Justin Herbert who won't be in this draft, but seriously, watch out. He is gonna be a dandy as is SC SOPH QB Jake Bentley who also won't be in the draft this year. WATCHfor them this year... You may just fall in love.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rudolph to me just looks like he labors on some of his throws, for his size his zip is disappointing.
And Goff is a solid comp to Falk as well lol lanky air raid qb who isnt a great athlete and has a frame that concerns me if he takes sacks in the NFL. I wasn't big on Lamar Jackson before watching him more... he's definitely not one of the top 3 but I think he's my number 4.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd have Jackson as the #4 right now.

Goff has a better arm then Falk though. Falk is smarter with the football though. Falk doesn't have HUGE upside, but he is well polished coming out. He would be a good safety net for a team needing a QB rather quickly. Put good things around him and he will be a decent NFL QBer.

Love Rudolph. Smart QB, good arm. Good at reading. Can throw deep and underneath. Great field awareness and vision. Lots of experience, has developed in a good offense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Montez will have top ten division one stats. This dude threw for 300 yards and ran for one hundred yards to beat Oregon in is first ever start on the road as a RS Freshman.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good rundown . Disagree on Rudolph though. He is a franchise QB. At worst he is Kirk Cousins, IMO. Love him.. Very high on him.
Falk while not a great arm, has a much better arm then Pennington (But that is a very low ceiling of arm to compare him to) Falk will carve you up. He isn't your typical Air Raid Leach QB.

I do hate Air Rade QB's in terms of development, but love them for my college fantasy league. Falk isn't your typical Air Rade though. Goff and Mahomes were air rade and we will see if they have success. much different QB then Falk for both through. Goff and Mahomes sling it and have turned the ball over in college, but great arms. Falk is smarter, but not the arm strength.

Love this years QB class. The top guys are obvious. Lamar Jackson improved a lot as a passer from FR to SO year still has a ways to go but can get there. I like his development under Petrino very much.
Mason Rudolph is a real possibility for us if we struggle this year. I don't think we have a shot at the top 3. We won't be bad enough and it will cost your dog and your left nut to move up for them. Rudolph is the guy I sorta have my eye on if QB goes wrong this year. Love him.

No way should Stidham develop as a RS SOPH. He needs another year. (Ask me again in December) but he stuggled in camp this year but was named the starter over and unimpressive Sean White. He will get better and is a good prospect to watch but needs two full seasons otherwise he is gonna bust.

Fitzgerald reminds me more of the middle person between a Tebow and Prescott then soley Tebow. He has a long ways to go this year if he is gonna declare. I don't see him declaring but we will see how that goes. Great runner. Tebow like runner, bit better passer though. But not a great passer by any means. He has a ways to go as a passer before he can think about declaring.

Francois got better every week last year. Started off rough as a passer. I'm starting to like what i see from him developing.

Don't sleep on Syracuse QB Eric Dungey, a JR, but many concussion issues.

WV QB Will Grier will be a good prospect too if he declares

And watch out for Oregon SOPH QB Justin Herbert who won't be in this draft, but seriously, watch out. He is gonna be a dandy as is SC SOPH QB Jake Bentley who also won't be in the draft this year. WATCHfor them this year... You may just fall in love.

Trace McSorley of PSU will also be interesting to see where teams land him. Came on late last year, he is smaller. Is he a Drew Brees or Kellen Moore prospect to the NFL? We will see. He should have a great year. I am very high on Penn State this year in general. Great pass/run game combo. Great TE, 3 WR's, QB and two stud RB's.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Montez will have top ten division one stats. This dude threw for 300 yards and ran for one hundred yards to beat Oregon in is first ever start on the road as a RS Freshman.

I like Montez too. Very inconsistent last year when called upon but had some big games. All due respect you could throw for 300 on Oregon last year though. I think he will have a nice year. Will have to pass a lot more then Sefu too cause Colorado lost a lot on D. Still not a bad D though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Montez too. Very inconsistent last year when called upon but had some big games. All due respect you could throw for 300 on Oregon last year though. I think he will have a nice year. Will have to pass a lot more then Sefu too cause Colorado lost a lot on D. Still not a bad D though.

Agreed - he had his ups and downs in his freshman year. This year - he has properly conditioned himself physically as the starter - has senior RBs - a very experienced Oline - and a top three WRs group in the country. The Buffs are reloaded in the defensive backfield and they stocked up o CC guys for bulk up the Dline. They also have very fast - athletic linebackers. Tough schedule, but this is a very good team - better than last year - over all.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some nice weapons with Fields, Ross (who I think is very underrated), and newcomer Juwan Winfree who is a very gifted WR.

Looking forward to Isaiah Oliver this year too.