• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still bled and shit football last year. Not gonna lie. ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still bled and shit football last year. Not gonna lie. ;)

me too... from watching tape (both nfl to college), writing articles, doing a podcast, and playing madden... i need football 365

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick's first 2018 mock:
1. Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

Don't trust Watson tbh. This is a solid tackle class and McGlinchey is one of the few that could exceed at LT AND RT, which to me is huge. Copy the Titans bookend method and lets protect the qb and run the ball
2. Dorance Armstrong Jr Edge Kansas
Great burst speed edge rusher with length. Still raw in terms of technique though and not a run defender at all. Adds needed depth and security in case we lose ray and/or barrett. Could see him make a huge rise over this season because his tools are round 1 quality.
3. Sony Michel RB/OW Georgia
Fun running back who never has been primary but is slippery fast and a good receiver. A Jamaal Charles type with an interesting running style. Not a bellcow so could fall to here but very unique player
3. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa
Ok homer pick but I don't care. Josey Jewell is the man. Reminds me of James Laurinitis. Super instinctive and hard nosed. My favorite Hawkeye since Greenway. GET THIS GUY PLZ

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with that draft, Nick.

Michel is very much overshadowed by Chubb. Durability a concern, but in round 3 he is a playmaker we need.

Jewell is so solid. Armstrong has great upside.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ive said it but

FSU S Derwin James
Okie State WR James Washington

Are my loves this year.. Have been since their FR year of college. Watch out. Ed Reed, Leonte Carroo like obsessions here.

Really like OSU S Damon Webb also, a notch below my James obsession.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ive said it but

FSU S Derwin James
Okie State WR James Washington

Are my loves this year.. Have been since their FR year of college. Watch out. Ed Reed, Leonte Carroo like obsessions here.

Really like OSU S Damon Webb also, a notch below my James obsession.
From what I'm hearing Ohio St might have best secondary in CFB despite losing three to NFL draft. USC could have the best " unheralded " secondary along with a LB crew that ranks above Alabama's always top Lb recruiting. Think Darnold and USC win title this year. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill say no on USC, but surely possible.
:) Don't blame ya on USC. They've been over-hyped plenty of times and the " over" part has reared its head more than not. I still think this year will be different but to beat Alabama and Saban, is as difficult as beating Brady and Belichek. I just hope Colorado recovers enough from their D losses to get to decent bowl game this year. That in itself will speak volumes as to the direction and resurgence of the program. If they take a big step back, the recruiting will suffer going forward .

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is still the best bet to take the PAC 12. USC took a big hit on the O-line. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back, especially if their replacements aren't up to the task.

If Ohio St. can survive Big 10 play, they should be a very tough playoff team to beat.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Washington. They lost a lot on D and key guys like John Ross, but they should run it really well this year. Watch out for Lavon Coleman at RB even with Gaskins there... They have some nice WR's with Pettis and Chico as well. Seems their D is never lacking with good DB's and LB's.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Washington. They lost a lot on D and key guys like John Ross, but they should run it really well this year. Watch out for Lavon Coleman at RB even with Gaskins there... They have some nice WR's with Pettis and Chico as well. Seems their D is never lacking with good DB's and LB's.
They lost some, but they appear to have kept their D-line intact, so I would not expect Washington to change much on D overall.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies lose in Boulder this year - bank on it. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies lose in Boulder this year - bank on it. :)
There's definitely some major payback incentive in this one. Just not sure if it will happen this year even in Boulder. I think Colorado will lose 5 games in Pac 12,this year. Wash,USC, Stanford,Oregon and Utah. Just hope their competitive at least vs them. If they can pull off the big upset vs Wash or SC and get decent bowl and win it, it will go long way to recruiting next year. They need to start drawing those 4 star guys especially in home state.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely some major payback incentive in this one. Just not sure if it will happen this year even in Boulder. I think Colorado will lose 5 games in Pac 12,this year. Wash,USC, Stanford,Oregon and Utah. Just hope their competitive at least vs them. If they can pull off the big upset vs Wash or SC and get decent bowl and win it, it will go long way to recruiting next year. They need to start drawing those 4 star guys especially in home state.

The Buffs will have the top Offense in the Pac12 - and the Defense will not fall as far as the personnel losses would make it seem. The Huskies need a whipp'n.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffs will have the top Offense in the Pac12 - and the Defense will not fall as far as the personnel losses would make it seem. The Huskies need a whipp'n.
They definitely have one of the best experienced wr core and of course I love me some Lindsey times 100. Hope your right about D Mingo but think they'll have a struggle being so young this year. Losing 11 guys and the leaders/ best secondary in conference, will be hard to overcome. Too many offensive powerhouses in Pac 12. Your right though, if the qb play is above par, they should score points. Just don't know if it'll be enough with inexperienced D to out score the big boys. Not yet anyway. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely have one of the best experienced wr core and of course I love me some Lindsey times 100. Hope your right about D Mingo but think they'll have a struggle being so young this year. Losing 11 guys and the leaders/ best secondary in conference, will be hard to overcome. Too many offensive powerhouses in Pac 12. Your right though, if the qb play is above par, they should score points. Just don't know if it'll be enough with inexperienced D to out score the big boys. Not yet anyway. :)

The Buffs have the most experience WRs - and the most experience Oline - and Montez is a better QB than Sefo (maybe not a better leader) by far.

The Buffs reloaded on defense with a top JC transfer to plug the middle - Drew Lewis one of the ILB starters already has better combine numbers than any of this year's draft picks at LB (jumps 40" for instance). Derek McCartney is back from injury and he was supposed to be the edge rusher to fear last year. Isiah Oliver is a top 4 CB in the PAC12 - The BUffs have arguably better safeties over last year in Laguda - Evan White back from suspension - and DJ Eliot the new DC will blitz more often than last year's DC.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffs have the most experience WRs - and the most experience Oline - and Montez is a better QB than Sefo (maybe not a better leader) by far.

The Buffs reloaded on defense with a top JC transfer to plug the middle - Drew Lewis one of the ILB starters already has better combine numbers than any of this year's draft picks at LB (jumps 40" for instance). Derek McCartney is back from injury and he was supposed to be the edge rusher to fear last year. Isiah Oliver is a top 4 CB in the PAC12 - The BUffs have arguably better safeties over last year in Laguda - Evan White back from suspension - and DJ Eliot the new DC will blitz more often than last year's DC.
I'll be right there rooting with you Mingo. Elliot will be key factor in how that D responds for sure.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this will be the first time in 2 years I can consistently watch NCAA FB, I'll go ahead and ask your pardon for my over excitement about certain players that you've all known about for 3 years.

I'm looking at you, DC.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this will be the first time in 2 years I can consistently watch NCAA FB, I'll go ahead and ask your pardon for my over excitement about certain players that you've all known about for 3 years.

I'm looking at you, DC.

I got you. Follow this thread.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derwin James is the best DB I've seen since Ed Reed/Sean Taylor.