• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colorado player I would like to see added to the Broncos was a Ram. ;)

Michael Gallup or?

I'd take Gallup or Oliver.

Do have interest in Lindsay also. A lot of backs I have ahead of him but if the value is there later on....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Gallup or?

Do have interest in Lindsay also. A lot of backs I have ahead of him but if the value is there later on....

I would love Oliver added to this secondary. If the Broncos could get him in the 2nd I think that would be a homerun pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to help that Elway played with his dad in Denver. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Oliver lasts until the 2nd round - but it is not out of the question.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oliver goes in rd2 then thats a sign that this is a really, really strong draft.

I think he goes somewhere between 11-25 personally.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oliver goes in rd2 then thats a sign that this is a really, really strong draft.

I think he goes somewhere between 11-25 personally.

I would say it all depends on the type of CB teams are looking for. That is the great thing about this draft is there is a nice variety of types of players at multiple positions and CB is one of those. This draft doesn't have the high end CB like Lattimore last year or Ramsey, but if you need a press man CB well they have those. If you need a zone CB then there are some guys that can fit that role perfectly. Off-man whatever you need it is available.

I do think there is a good chance he goes end of round 1 but every year there are guys who get pushed down the board because some teams reach for need.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it all depends on the type of CB teams are looking for. That is the great thing about this draft is there is a nice variety of types of players at multiple positions and CB is one of those. This draft doesn't have the high end CB like Lattimore last year or Ramsey, but if you need a press man CB well they have those. If you need a zone CB then there are some guys that can fit that role perfectly. Off-man whatever you need it is available.

I do think there is a good chance he goes end of round 1 but every year there are guys who get pushed down the board because some teams reach for need.
Yeah, this is going to be a fun draft when it comes to trades and players falling. I think some teams are going to value some DBs more than others although it seems like a lot of teams play Zone most of the time so a guy like Oliver might not drop too far. I think Artie Burns going high recently (edit) opened the door for someone with 'meh' tape and ridiculous measurables and upside going high so I think we'll see that again with Oliver.

But the number of QBs going round 1 in this draft is going to push talent downwards. Probably not down to where the Chiefs are drafting but down to the bottom of rd1 and into early rd2 for sure.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Gallup or?

I like Poles - they are closely related to Russians.

Gallup.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield all have grades of at least 90 on Scouts Inc., the first time in 15 years that four QBs in same Draft grade that high:

Scouts Inc. QB Grades, 2018
Darnold, USC 94
Allen, WYO 92
Rosen, UCLA 92
Mayfield, OKLA 91

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Oliver has a 2nd round national grade- So his stock falls right around our pick. He could go round 1 thought obviously. CB's fly off early and especially if the first few go real early he won't be there in round 2 if that is the case.

Broncos worked out Iowa LB Josey Jewell.

That is Jewell and James Daniels now they have worked out from Iowa City!

Josh Jackson doesn't look likely unless we move down a bit.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts inc had Vince Young at 97
Stinks knew these guys from Espn and said they are
Not really Scouts

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Oliver has a 2nd round national grade- So his stock falls right around our pick. He could go round 1 thought obviously. CB's fly off early and especially if the first few go real early he won't be there in round 2 if that is the case.

Josh Jackson doesn't look likely unless we move down a bit.
Maybe I have these guys flipped. I'm doing mock draft (next week?) so I dont want to tip my hand too much but Im not convinced Josh Jackson goes in rd1. PFFs CB ratings in college are completely worthless and Jackson looks slow and lazy in film despite being a complete ballhawk.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is not lazy at all. Very good work ethic. Not afraid to tackle.

Does not have blazing speed. Does not have poor speed. His combine hurt him a bit, his proday helped him.

His stock is really all over from about 18-35 right now. Getting a lot of attention/workouts set up. He just had one with the Bears, Lions, Steelers and Packers. He really is in the general area of where any team is picking cept the Rams since they don't even really pick this year ;), but teams picking middle or round 1, late round 1 and early round 2 all have a possible interest in him right now. he and Oliver have somewhat similar stock, but Jackson has a higher national grade right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is not lazy at all. Very good work ethic. Not afraid to tackle.

Does not have blazing speed. Does not have poor speed. His combine hurt him a bit, his proday helped him.

His stock is really all over from about 18-35 right now. Getting a lot of attention/workouts set up. He just had one with the Bears, Lions, Steelers and Packers. He really is in the general area of where any team is picking cept the Rams since they don't even really pick this year ;), but teams picking middle or round 1, late round 1 and early round 2 all have a possible interest in him right now. he and Oliver have somewhat similar stock, but Jackson has a higher national grade right now.
Maybe lazy isnt the right word.

He doesn't want to tackle. He takes business decisions in the run game. He basically plays like Marcus Peters. I'm just not sure he is fast enough to get away with that at the NFL level but like Peters I think Jackson is going to be the kind of player that if he can match up against someone then he can completely remove them from the game.

His combine says he is just like Marcus Peters from an upside standpoint, though. My eyes might just be playing tricks with me.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no TEs scheduled to visit Dove Valley?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drafted Jake Butt last year. Again, I sound like a broken record and I am not anti TE in this draft, a lot I like but I think we want Butt to compete with a vet and learn under a vet like Celek or Marcedes Lewis or someone else. Could still use another TE even with that being said, just have this mindset Butt looks healthy and we aren't going TE early.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this TE class is poopoo as well. Lots of TE2s and 3s. Only one I see as a TE1 is Goedert and he will be overdrafted because... he is the only one lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted Jake Butt last year. Again, I sound like a broken record and I am not anti TE in this draft, a lot I like but I think we want Butt to compete with a vet and learn under a vet like Celek or Marcedes Lewis or someone else. Could still use another TE even with that being said, just have this mindset Butt looks healthy and we aren't going TE early.

I am onto you... you just want to be in a position to take a TE early next year... (same as me... for no real reason... *cough* fant *cough*)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am onto you... you just want to be in a position to take a TE early next year... (same as me... for no real reason... *cough* fant *cough*)

So how many letters are you planning on writing to Elway to make sure he knows he needs to take Fant next year?