• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree. While not a pro bowl level caliber player the guy is a worthy NFL starter.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree. While not a pro bowl level caliber player the guy is a worthy NFL starter.

I would agree with this. If you look around the league there are very few players playing at an elite level at the RT position. Watson to me is playing about average for the position. He had a terrible first game that has made it hard for people to forget. Game two was a bit better but not much. Since then though the Bills game pass blocking wise he was actually one of our bright spots. I think only allowed 1 pressure the entire game. Then this past week he had a couple of times where Mack made him look really bad but otherwise with some help he contained Mack. The added bonus of Stephenson coming in for a play makes the performance of the RT that much worse but again that was against Stephenson and is that great reminder of how bad it could be.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Elway, or Peyton, were playing today what all the critics would have said about them their first years. The internet provided an atmosphere where the breakdown of each snap is under a microscope.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Elway, or Peyton, were playing today what all the critics would have said about them their first years. The internet provided an atmosphere where the breakdown of each snap is under a microscope.

Yes- I was thinking about that the other day. How much the game has changed overtime. From FA to breaking down players and grading them out on EVERY single play. Back in the day being drafted in the top 3 rounds basically mean you had made it for 3-4 years now some 3rd rd picks get cut before their first year or last a year and so on. The pressua is on!

I love the NFL Draft but part of me misses when not many people were into it... I use to think as a kid I was probably the only second grader who watched an NFL Draft... Then again... Maybe I was???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes- I was thinking about that the other day. How much the game has changed overtime. From FA to breaking down players and grading them out on EVERY single play. Back in the day being drafted in the top 3 rounds basically mean you had made it for 3-4 years now some 3rd rd picks get cut before their first year or last a year and so on. The pressua is on!

I love the NFL Draft but part of me misses when not many people were into it... I use to think as a kid I was probably the only second grader who watched an NFL Draft... Then again... Maybe I was???
I was that kid too.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best TE you aren't talking about? South Carolina's Hayden Hurst. Standing at 6'5" 251 lbs, Hurst is a phenomenal athlete for his size who is smooth in his routes, has great YAC ability, and shows potential to develop into a good inline blocker. Biggest knock? Will be 25 years old in August due to spending a few years playing Minor League Baseball attempting to make it as a pitcher. Still, his skill set is outstanding and should be on everyone's radar. Here is my twitter thread showing some of his skills from his game against TAMU.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him, but have a few more ahead of him that we haven't talked much about. He has great tools and high upside. Granted it Texas A&M couldn't cover SpringStein or Mingo with a plow attached.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told the Broncos had 3 scouts at the louisville NCState game last night. two being considered the top QB scouts in the organization. Will report back w/ some info if they tell me anything lol

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised with two good QB prospects in the game. I would imagine here on out we are recruiting top QB prospects the rest of the way out.

Not Lamar Jackson's best game though. Actually, maybe a bottom 2-3 game for him the last two years. I don't count his FR year he barely even passed the ball because of his start to his FR career.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Broncos would consider going edge round 1? If there is any position worth keeping stocked, it's edge rusher. Barrett about to get VERY expensive as well. If a talented one falls to where Denver picks, I would be about it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very little Idea where they look this draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year it was pretty darn obvious lol

Meh. We struggled to draft OT's in the past and while the free agent list wasn't great there were a few we could have taken a stab at... But after the first 3 days of free agency it was obvious.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. We struggled to draft OT's in the past and while the free agent list wasn't great there were a few we could have taken a stab at... But after the first 3 days of free agency it was obvious.

But at least you knew it was a giant hole that needed to be filled someway. This year there are positions that could be upgraded but I wouldn't say there is this huge absolute need like that of Tackle this past year. I could see QB, ILB, RT, LG, OLB, and CB all being considered but really the only one that sticks out for me is LG and even there I would like to see what McGovern could bring to the table.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halfway Point Top Five Positional Rankings

Quarterback
1. Josh Rosen UCLA
2. Sam Darnold USC
3. Lamar Jackson LOUIS
4. Mason Rudolph OKST
5. Josh Allen WYO

Running Back
1. Saquon Barkley PSU
2. Derius Guice LSU
3. Nick Chubb UGA
4. Bryce Love STAN
5. Ronald Jones USC

Wide Receiver

1. Christian Kirk TAMU
2. Calvin Ridley ALA
3. Equanimeous St. Brown ND
4. Auden Tate FSU
5. Courtland Sutton SMU

Tight End
1. Hayden Hurst South Carolina
2. Mark Andrews OKLA
3. Jaylen Samuels (TE/FB/WR/RB) NCST
4. Dallas Goedert SDST
5. Troy Fumagalli WISC

Offensive Tackle
1. Connor Williams TEX
2. Mike McGlinchey ND
3. Trey Adams WASH
4. Mitch Hyatt CLEM
5. Orlando Brown Jr OKLA

Interior Offensive Line

1. Quinton Nelson ND
2. Tyrell Crosby (G/T) ORE
3. Martinas Rankin (G/T) MSU
4. Braden Smith AUB
5. Will Hernandez UTEP

Defensive Tackle (0/1 Tech)
1. Da’Ron Payne ALA
2. Vita Vea WASH
3. Derrick Nnadi FSU
4. Daylon Mack TAMU
5. Lowell Lotuelei UTAH

Defensive End/Tackle (3/4/5 tech)
1. Christian Wilkins CLEM
2. Rasheem Green USC
3. Dre’mont Jones tOSU
4. Maurice Hurst MICH
5. Andrew Brown VA

Edge Rushers
1. Clelin Ferrell CLEM
2. Bradley Chubb NCST
3. Arden Key LSU
4. Dorance Armstrong Jr KAN
5. Harold Landry BC

Off Ball Linebackers
1. Tremaine Edmunds VT
2. Roquan Smith UGA
3. Malik Jefferson TEX
4. Rashaan Evans ALA
5. Matthew Thomas FSU

Cornerbacks
1. Tavarus McFadden FSU
2. Isaiah Oliver COLO
3. Jaire Alexander LOUIS
4. Carlton Davis AUB
5. Denzel Ward tOSU

Safeties
1. Minkah Fitzpatrick ALA
2. Derwin James FSU
3. Ronnie Harrison ALA
4. Armani Watts TAMU
5. Jordan Whitehead PITT

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least you knew it was a giant hole that needed to be filled someway. This year there are positions that could be upgraded but I wouldn't say there is this huge absolute need like that of Tackle this past year. I could see QB, ILB, RT, LG, OLB, and CB all being considered but really the only one that sticks out for me is LG and even there I would like to see what McGovern could bring to the table.
I would eventually like us to get our right side figured out and put Leary back to his natural position of LG.