• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy, truthfully, all of what you just said is bullshit

The starting job thing was a lot more involved than simply not keeping his job ..... Whatever your opinion of a player - fine .... But ***** sake, don't come on here and tell me that I don't watch the games
You don't watch the game you don't watch the games you don't watch the games you don't watch the games. In all seriousness though, if he gets drafted before 6th rd, Ill be surprised. What won't surprise me is if he goes un-drafted. :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't watch the game you don't watch the games you don't watch the games you don't watch the games. In all seriousness though, if he gets drafted before 6th rd, Ill be surprised. What won't surprise me is if he goes un-drafted. :)

lol

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ya guys, I really do, and if we all saw eye to eye on everything this board would suck.That said, I can`t believe this Cardale Jones love. The guy is ranked 6th or worst on most draft prospect boards and in a class of qbs that is really suspect and maybe the worst in a while. Wentz is rated #1 on most boards and he`s a DIV2 QB! You know who the last div 2 qb that had even a semblance of success in the Nfl was? Kitna. Nice. When you have a draft and the #1 qb is a div 11 guy who`s level of competition is sub par and then your next guy Goff from Cal has won 5 games in 2 years for his team,that is pretty friggin sad IMO.. Not saying that any of these guys won`t surprise anybody, but to say a guy that is ranked sixth or worse in this pitiful draft for qbs is going to be a great nfl qb in the nfl is, well, pretty damn funny. Cardale by the way in 2015 had 8 tds and 5 picks with about a 59% passing comp percentage I believe. Love on the guy all you want, but lets not use strong words like "is going to be a great nfl qb" and not expect a little smack back gents :) :suds:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Unitas was a college FA - who turned out not to be a developmental QB - who went on to a HOF career. C. Jones would be a project - high upside - but no one should count on a top result. That's what projects are - gambles. C. Jones would be a decent gamble due to his smarts and athleticism and a guy who can play scout team QB as a current function. These days the top QBs start out playing in the first year - if not the first game - less than 50% of these guys turn into top QBs - so even the top scouted talent is a gamble at QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver interviewed Jones at the Combine. 1 of 62 they could use

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Unitas was a college FA - who turned out not to be a developmental QB - who went on to a HOF career. C. Jones would be a project - high upside - but no one should count on a top result. That's what projects are - gambles. C. Jones would be a decent gamble due to his smarts and athleticism and a guy who can play scout team QB as a current function. These days the top QBs start out playing in the first year - if not the first game - less than 50% of these guys turn into top QBs - so even the top scouted talent is a gamble at QB.
Had Jones not pulled up lame he would have easily won the underwear Olympics err ... Combine.
Evaluating QBs is more art than science. Elway wanted Weeden before Manning was signed so who knows.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Jones not pulled up lame he would have easily won the underwear Olympics err ... Combine.
Evaluating QBs is more art than science. Elway wanted Weeden before Manning was signed so who knows.

The Broncos spread the story they were interested in Weeden - not the same as actually wanting him - i Think.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos had real interest in Wheeden. I mean it is not like Elway takes Bowlen's private jet to just go watch anybody. Obviously didn't like him enough to draft him though.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos had real interest in Wheeden. I mean it is not like Elway takes Bowlen's private jet to just go watch anybody. Obviously didn't like him enough to draft him though.
I agree there was real interest in Weeden, and that concerned me. But the Browns drafted him before JE had a chance to do so...thankfully.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there was real interest in Weeden, and that concerned me. But the Browns drafted him before JE had a chance to do so...thankfully.
You do have to wonder if he had gone to a team with a great coaching staff and time to learn would things have turned out differently? Seems like most players drafted by the Browns bust but is it lack of talent or an organization in chaos?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - the tea leaf readers - see too much in too little - I see the visit to Weeden as a pump fake - or a visit that killed the idea of drafting him - Elway's first year - he was scouting QBs because he had Tebow - so literally anyone was a candidate.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in Tulsa for 17 years, I have a lot of OSU friends and some are pretty well connected to the University. According to a couple of them, of all the jerks that ever attended OSU, Weeden was king.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Yates or Case Kennum will be picked up - Oz will sign with the Broncos - The Weeden will be avoided. ;)

The Broncos will also draft a QB, but Siemian has a chance to move up to #2 this season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Yates or Case Kennum will be picked up - Oz will sign with the Broncos - The Weeden will be avoided. ;)

The Broncos will also draft a QB, but Siemian has a chance to move up to #2 this season.

Something that I've thought about is the possibility of the Rams signing Oz and cutting Keenum, who then becomes the next great former UH Cougar to star in Denver. Not too likely, I suppose, but it would certainly be a great story! :nod:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that I've thought about is the possibility of the Rams signing Oz and cutting Keenum, who then becomes the next great former UH Cougar to star in Denver. Not too likely, I suppose, but it would certainly be a great story! :nod:
Anybody that played for Houston and came to Denver would be a great story to you Td you Cougar homer ;).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just keep in mind that at 11 a.m. mountain time today the Legal Tampering period begins. From what I understand there are about 5 teams that their first call will be to Osweiler's agent. So if we are to sign him I would think it has to happen in the next 3 hours.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really ..he cannot sign with anyone for two days .. also the Redskins QB just got cut .. there also is 3 first round QB's and the 49ers and Jets QB ..that is a log jam add in the Browns QB..

I would say we are in a alright place at were we were willing to spend .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really ..he cannot sign with anyone for two days .. also the Redskins QB just got cut .. there also is 3 first round QB's and the 49ers and Jets QB ..that is a log jam add in the Browns QB..

I would say we are in a alright place at were we were willing to spend .

I get that. I'm just saying that usually players who make it to the Legal Tampering period usually then go on to FA. Doesn't mean we have lost him by any means but it is when he can start hearing what other teams are willing to pay him.

From the sound of it with the Broncos they have offered very little guaranteed money beyond the 1st year of the contract. That is where the hold up is. I still think he probably signs for somewhere in the $15-16 million range but it will probably come down to who is willing to offer more guaranteed money.

I will say the QB market is looking stronger than some thought for FA. RGIII, Fitzpatrick sounds like he is going to hit the market, and my guess is the 49ers will listen to offers for Kaepernick. Those are 3 QB's with more starting experience and more success than Osweiler. So I doubt Elway budges from what he has offered.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Oz it will be all about how much is guaranteed - anyone can claim you are going to pay a lot for a QB to keep the home fans interested, but the gut check comes in how much is guaranteed.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Malik, which we probably do, I want Nkemdiche. I know we'll have to move up to get him, but he's worth despite his checkered past. He will be a beast