• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

British Parliament wants Redskins to change name or NFL send a different team

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
note: sorry for the pathetic profitering

and yes, I do believe they know they lost something about 240 years ago which should make them STFU

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Brits. We agree to this, next thing they'll be quartering their troops in our houses and taxing tea again! It's a slippery slope is what it is!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This adds an interesting twist. :pop2:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder should just give up this battle and change the name.

At some point all the owners are going to force him to anyways with all the public pressure that they will receive. Eventually there will be a big enough sponsor that is going to jump on the bandwagon and say change it or no $$$ and Washington will be forced to give in.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point all the owners are going to force him to anyways with all the public pressure that they will receive. Eventually there will be a big enough sponsor that is going to jump on the bandwagon and say change it or no $$$ and Washington will be forced to give in.

Says the Vikings fan.....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? Where exactly is all of this public pressure that you are referencing? Most people either like the name or don't care & that appears to include the majority of Native Americans. I have yet to hear about other owners being concerned about this - they are more concerned about things like lawsuits related to head injuries.

The Redskins may be forced to change the name, but I am pretty certain that it won't occur during Snyder's lifetime. The only place where this is major news are TMZ type sports outlets (e.g. ESPN) that hype up this type of topic to fuel their stupid talk shows.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I am sure that the Redskins & most of their fans would be thrilled to not have to play any games in London. Who the hell wants to play in that place?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking asshole British wankers. First they pay redskins to terrorize our American communities, now this.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, every team should rename themselves the Redskins for any London games immediately.
I was thinking that when a team (Jacksonville) gets moved London, change the team name to some racially insensitive name. Like the Jacksonville Jihadists.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that when a team (Jacksonville) gets moved London, change the team name to some racially insensitive name. Like the Jacksonville Jihadists.

That's a perfect name for London.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will always be the Redskins to me. So glad I bought my big Redskins beach towel and freezer beer mug. Even though I'm not a Redskins fan.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Where exactly is all of this public pressure that you are referencing? Most people either like the name or don't care & that appears to include the majority of Native Americans. I have yet to hear about other owners being concerned about this - they are more concerned about things like lawsuits related to head injuries.

The Redskins may be forced to change the name, but I am pretty certain that it won't occur during Snyder's lifetime. The only place where this is major news are TMZ type sports outlets (e.g. ESPN) that hype up this type of topic to fuel their stupid talk shows.

There are protests here in MN every time the Redskins come to play. There was a bill introduced in Congress to strip the NFL of it's antitrust exemption just at the start of last season (didn't go anywhere but still it was introduced). The simple fact is that there are a lot of people who think the term is racist.

I personally don't care about the name. I would prefer they keep it in fact.

I'm just saying eventually it is going to need to be changed and it will be sooner rather than later. In fact IMO by the time Kurt Cousins plays his last game for the Washington team, they will be called something else.

The world is just too PC for Washington to keep the name for much longer IMO. It's just a headache that the owners won't want at some point. Like I said, all it is going to take is for one large sponsor to get on board with the idea and it will be over. If the head of Gatorade took the stance that the redskins need the name change tomorrow, the Redskins name would be gone by the end of next season.

That's just the way these things work. They bubble slowly for a few years until all of a sudden it reaches full boil. And this thing has been bubbling for the last couple of years to the point where I can't imagine it not reaching the boiling point sooner rather than later.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are protests here in MN every time the Redskins come to play. There was a bill introduced in Congress to strip the NFL of it's antitrust exemption just at the start of last season (didn't go anywhere but still it was introduced). The simple fact is that there are a lot of people who think the term is racist.

I personally don't care about the name. I would prefer they keep it in fact.

I'm just saying eventually it is going to need to be changed and it will be sooner rather than later. In fact IMO by the time Kurt Cousins plays his last game for the Washington team, they will be called something else.

The world is just too PC for Washington to keep the name for much longer IMO. It's just a headache that the owners won't want at some point. Like I said, all it is going to take is for one large sponsor to get on board with the idea and it will be over. If the head of Gatorade took the stance that the redskins need the name change tomorrow, the Redskins name would be gone by the end of next season.

That's just the way these things work. They bubble slowly for a few years until all of a sudden it reaches full boil. And this thing has been bubbling for the last couple of years to the point where I can't imagine it not reaching the boiling point sooner rather than later.

Is Kurt Cousins Kirk's future son? If so, that is quite a long ways down the road.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for them to still be called the Redskins. Public pressure or not, it's a deplorable choice of team name. It's a derogatory name for American Indians, and as such should not be used.

If the Giants were actually called the Guineas, there might be some problems you think?

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for them to still be called the Redskins. Public pressure or not, it's a deplorable choice of team name. It's a derogatory name for American Indians, and as such should not be used.

If the Giants were actually called the Guineas, there might be some problems you think?
No.

Not in my opinion.

Now it they called them the Cotton Pickers, I might look into it.