• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring on Dallas!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to turn the page from the Seahawks game. The Eagles now have arch-rival Dallas, at home, right where they want them, with the division on the line in December. I can pretty much feel the pivotal Tony Romo interception right now.

Seriously, I'm feeling pretty confident about the Eagles winning this game. If they do, it is pretty much curtains for Dallas, which is 2-2 in the NFC East and would need a complete Philly collapse to make the playoffs. Philly is currently undefeated in the NFC East, 3-0, after already beating every team once. If they beat Dallas and go 4-0 with the head to head tiebreaker, I think Dallas is toast.

If Dallas wins, well, Philly is still in position to win the division or make the playoffs as a wildcard. But they may need help from Dallas, who still has to play the Colts. Philly by contrast has Washington and New York left, two weaker teams, though they will be on the road for those games.

Dallas has not played as well in recent weeks as they had earlier in the season. Their defense in particular has looked shaky. Dallas has a strong running game, but the Eagles defensive line has really stepped up of late. To win this game, Dallas will likely need to throw a lot more.

Philly can probably do exactly what it did in the first matchup offensively. I don't think Dallas can handle the tempo the Eagles bring, because they lack size on defense up front and also lack a pass rush. If guys get tired, or confused, forget it.

However, Dallas was coming off a Sunday night game last time. This time, the team will be totally rested after last playing on a Thursday. Big difference there. That may give them an edge in terms of tiring out. Philly's D by contrast was on the field an awful long time against the Seahawks last weekend.

Hopefully they get Chip's sports science smoothies and lots of sleep because they need to be fresh for this one. It's pretty much for all the marbles in the division.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna lie, that Seattle game put a damper on much of my spirit for this year. While the Defense was encouraging, Mark Sanchez looked like a bum and makes me really question weather he can be counted on against the better teams come playoff time. If we lose this week I'd almost prefer to lose out and get a better draft pick. For this week I hope Sanchez has some life left and the D shows up again.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has to open up the damn playbook! He was too damn conservative last week.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody wanna kick the tires on Joe Morgan?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna lie, that Seattle game put a damper on much of my spirit for this year. While the Defense was encouraging, Mark Sanchez looked like a bum and makes me really question weather he can be counted on against the better teams come playoff time. If we lose this week I'd almost prefer to lose out and get a better draft pick. For this week I hope Sanchez has some life left and the D shows up again.

Foles is going to start again soon...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BcR-q6KIIAAlSY2.jpg-large-500x320.jpg

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is going to start again soon...

I wish that were true! I am one of few who thinks that Foles is the right QB for this team. He has room for improvement but that is to be expected. He completed 10-13 in the early going when he was injured. Somehow I feel comfortable with him just knowing that he is a competitor in heart. His back pedal style only crept in when the O line was in a shambles. Last but not least he is a winner!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just about every Eagles fan would have taken 9-4 and playing Dallas for the Division in week 14 at the beginning of the year. We are only somewhat disappointed because it has looked at times like they could be one of the top 2 NFC teams and we found out that at least at this point in time the Packers and Seahawks are way better.

Its amazing how a few weeks can change all that though. Its all about continuously improving and staying healthy. Last year they stayed healthy and happened to hit several teams at opportune times when they had health issues at key positions. This year, I think they are actually a better team (but with a tough stretch of OL injuries earlier), but they are playing a tougher schedule and have hit Green Bay, Seattle, San Fran and Arizona when they were playing their best ball of the year. Would have loved to catch San Fran and Arizona later in the season and Seattle and Green Bay earlier.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to turn the page from the Seahawks game. The Eagles now have arch-rival Dallas, at home, right where they want them, with the division on the line in December. I can pretty much feel the pivotal Tony Romo interception right now.

Seriously, I'm feeling pretty confident about the Eagles winning this game. If they do, it is pretty much curtains for Dallas, which is 2-2 in the NFC East and would need a complete Philly collapse to make the playoffs. Philly is currently undefeated in the NFC East, 3-0, after already beating every team once. If they beat Dallas and go 4-0 with the head to head tiebreaker, I think Dallas is toast.

If Dallas wins, well, Philly is still in position to win the division or make the playoffs as a wildcard. But they may need help from Dallas, who still has to play the Colts. Philly by contrast has Washington and New York left, two weaker teams, though they will be on the road for those games.

Dallas has not played as well in recent weeks as they had earlier in the season. Their defense in particular has looked shaky. Dallas has a strong running game, but the Eagles defensive line has really stepped up of late. To win this game, Dallas will likely need to throw a lot more.

Philly can probably do exactly what it did in the first matchup offensively. I don't think Dallas can handle the tempo the Eagles bring, because they lack size on defense up front and also lack a pass rush. If guys get tired, or confused, forget it.

However, Dallas was coming off a Sunday night game last time. This time, the team will be totally rested after last playing on a Thursday. Big difference there. That may give them an edge in terms of tiring out. Philly's D by contrast was on the field an awful long time against the Seahawks last weekend.

Hopefully they get Chip's sports science smoothies and lots of sleep because they need to be fresh for this one. It's pretty much for all the marbles in the division.

You missed the part where Dallas is undefeated in road games this year.

I am anticipating a knock down drag out fight. Nobody is getting off easy this week and it will be a hell of a game. I don't know who will win but it will be a blast.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until he scurries under the floor boards after the beat down just like Cowboys fans always do.

StarsFan

noob extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I keep seeing Dallas ahead in all the power rankings? Oh, that's right. They're experts and you're not.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, Kumstains gonna be here all week. :doh:

Blame Iggy for giving me the address here during your migration. You also owe me a yuengling

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize you all want to go the reds Joe Morgan but the football one would replace the field stretcher Djax was. Cheap too.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I keep seeing Dallas ahead in all the power rankings? Oh, that's right. They're experts and you're not.

What do you mean. I just looked at BR, ESPN, CBS, NFL and they ALL have Eagles ranked ahead of Dallas. Or were you joking?