• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Roberts making his return tonight

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leading off. I'm sure he will have some rust to work off. Andino has really been struggling in the field with so many damn throwing errors.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Chris Davis just crushed a HR to CF. O's up 8-2 in B6.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian went 3 for 4 w/ a sac fly in his first game in 13 months. Welcome back Brian!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Sheen
‏@charliesheen

Myself & @Todd_Zeile welcoming back Brian Roberts 2nd baseman Baltimore Orioles..! Glad to have you back my man... The game has missed you!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Roberts finally made it back from the concussions that threatened to ruin his career only to suffer a hamstring injury that required surgery, but the Orioles second baseman is getting close to returning from that as well.
Roberts is five weeks removed from surgery and has started traveling with the Orioles at his request because “it gives you more motivation” and “it keeps you so much more involved.”
Of course, he’ll leave the team once he’s cleared to actually begin a minor-league rehab assignment, but Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that there’s no timetable for that yet. Roberts has said that once the rehab stint does start he expects it to be a brief one, although given his recent health track record it would be tough to blame for the Orioles if they wanted him to spend more than just a few games in the minors.

Almost a year to the day of his last "returning" post. What a sad way to end a career......

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing, if you allow yourself to look in as an outsider, that the O's have had such care and patience with him. I understand it, though. He's been so good, and his precious few outings in the last year, have only helped to rekindle the hope that he can come back and make his contribution.

At the very least.. I want his O's (and possibly MLB) career to end on a positive note. <keeping my fingers crossed for him, as always>

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Roberts suffered a ruptured tendon in his right hamstring back on April 4 and eventually required surgery, but he’s finally on the verge of rejoining the Orioles.
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Roberts is expected to be activated from the disabled list for this weekend’s series against the Yankees. Now seven weeks removed from surgery, the 35-year-old went 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored in his first rehab game with Triple-A Norfolk on Tuesday and walked twice in a suspended game last night.
Injuries have limited Roberts to just 118 games at the major league level since the start of 2010, but Orioles manager Buck Showalter said he will be the starting second baseman upon his return. Baltimore’s second basemen have combined to bat just .228/.286/.335 so far this season. Only the Royals and Blue Jays have a lower OPS from the position.