• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Brent Osweiler Dummies?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brent lol

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kirk was siting next to us when we went 2 Fridays ago.

Female Staff "not too shaddy". Kinda of Foxy. DC should get on this staff

About | Bronco Planet

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Texans first drive of the preseason (before heading off to work preventing me seeing any farther), I've gotta say, Brock is no nearer me removing the Kyle Orton Jr. moniker. I can only sit back and watch and think this idiot's making that much. But then I realize it's the Texans who are the idiots for giving him that much. Good luck with your average QB, Houston.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Texans first drive of the preseason (before heading off to work preventing me seeing any farther), I've gotta say, Brock is no nearer me removing the Kyle Orton Jr. moniker. I can only sit back and watch and think this idiot's making that much. But then I realize it's the Texans who are the idiots for giving him that much. Good luck with your average QB, Houston.

iT'S

To early to tell if the Texans were idiots or not. It's a new offense and I will hold judgement for a while on Brock and not just one preseason game. Houston does have some weapons. Remember if it wasn't for Brock the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl. Peace.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give Osweiler nearly that much credit, personally. Was bummed out Denver didn't take the bait.

When I started hearing some of the ridiculous numbers thrown out that last week before he signed with the Texans my wife can verify I was yelling at the articles for Elway not to make that mistake. I didn't mind Osweiler and wouldn't mind if he was still our QB but never at the price that Houston ended up paying him. So glad we backed off and just let him go. And even more glad when we drafted Lynch and just the potential he holds.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock looked like crap, granted it is the preseason, but his arm looked bad. Maybe he was nervous

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things with Brock that just don't seem to be any different than his time in Denver

1) The ball still nose dives. He has this weird downward throw that is not only tough to catch but also leads to a lot of batted down passes. Saw one of his do that quick nose dive today again.

2) He still holds onto the ball way too long. Either he struggles to get through his progressions or just really struggles to have the internal clock that says get rid of the ball or it could be a bit of both but there were a few plays that he just kept holding onto the ball hoping something would happen. Sometimes just throwing away the ball and living to see another play is worth it.

3) Now this was only one play but I remember this a lot last year too of it just seems he doesn't always understand the down and distance. Seemed like every 3rd down play he had he threw it short of the sticks with a guy right on his receiver. For being in an offense that is supposed to give him more control and let him unleash a bit more he still looks like the same guy he was in Denver. That doesn't mean he is a bad QB just at least from the very little we saw tonight I'm not seeing a guy that all of a sudden jumps into that top-10 QB discussion. Honestly not sure there is much that separates him from a guy like Tom Savage who played pretty decent tonight.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things with Brock that just don't seem to be any different than his time in Denver

1) The ball still nose dives. He has this weird downward throw that is not only tough to catch but also leads to a lot of batted down passes. Saw one of his do that quick nose dive today again.

2) He still holds onto the ball way too long. Either he struggles to get through his progressions or just really struggles to have the internal clock that says get rid of the ball or it could be a bit of both but there were a few plays that he just kept holding onto the ball hoping something would happen. Sometimes just throwing away the ball and living to see another play is worth it.

3) Now this was only one play but I remember this a lot last year too of it just seems he doesn't always understand the down and distance. Seemed like every 3rd down play he had he threw it short of the sticks with a guy right on his receiver. For being in an offense that is supposed to give him more control and let him unleash a bit more he still looks like the same guy he was in Denver. That doesn't mean he is a bad QB just at least from the very little we saw tonight I'm not seeing a guy that all of a sudden jumps into that top-10 QB discussion. Honestly not sure there is much that separates him from a guy like Tom Savage who played pretty decent tonight.

All his completions were within 4 yards of the LOS when he needed 8 for a first down. Capt Checkdown.
You can really see a visual difference in athleticism between the gangling Brock and the smooth Paxton

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent points - all of them.