• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the courts almost had to overturn the ruling. There is much more at stake than just Brady's 4 game suspension. This ruling has ripple effects across all of the U.S. with regards to CBA's and Unions. Over-ruling a commissioner who was given the power to make decisions like this by the unions would set a tricky precedent for other labour unions to follow.
Bingo. The NFLPA agreed to a terrible deal. They gave Goodell way too much power, and now they're upset that he's actually wielding it. Whether Tom Brady deflated footballs or knew about it doesn't matter anymore, the NFLPA agreed to let Goodell rule on discipline, and they let him hear appeals. I don't know what they were thinking, but that's what they agreed to in the CBA.

This decision by the court clearly shows that Berman was way out of line in overturning the suspension. I expect in the next CBA battle this will be a top priority for the NFLPA, but if they want Goodell to give up that power, they're going to have to give up something in return (and my money is on an 18 game season).

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's hypocritical is how so many of you Pats fan have Brady on some kinda pedestal & look down @ & talk shit about seemingly every other QB to play the game.

Oh. I apologize for any rude comments I said about every other QB. I'm glad you're here to stick up for them.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The courts just said they DID prove it. That's what happens when the judge doesn't party with Robert Kraft.

That's not what they said at all. They basically ruled that Goodell has the power to Levy the punishment that he did.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sick thing is that Brady Fans, disguising as Patriot fans, will actually cheer for the Pats to lose those first 4 games

Cause God Forbid the Pats go 4-0 without Brady, what a destruction of a legacy

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if I am happy or upset about this...

now the pats can just move on with a much more talented quarterback

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what they said at all. They basically ruled that Goodell has the power to Levy the punishment that he did.

True......Basically Berman didnt rule on what he was supposed to rule on

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. I apologize for any rude comments I said about every other QB. I'm glad you're here to stick up for them.

I'm not sticking up for anyone. Just pointing out how overly hypocritical some of you Pats fans can be. Hey...how soon before you mention Jerry Rice?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sick thing is that Brady Fans, disguising as Patriot fans, will actually cheer for the Pats to lose those first 4 games

Cause God Forbid the Pats go 4-0 without Brady, what a destruction of a legacy

They hated Matt Cassell for outplaying Brady. He'd better never show his face in Foxborough again. If Jimmy G. wants to stay in New England he needs to play as poorly as possible.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the NFL suspend Ben?

Now your turn.....

Why does Brady cheat???
Why can't you cheatriot fans just face the fact without cheating you wouldn't have shit????
What does Big Ben have to do with the fact you cheat????
Or was that just another excuse so you didn't have to answer what you and the world knows......

Tom Brady couldn't win at marbles if he didn't cheat!!!!!

You mad bro??????:pound::pound::pound:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sticking up for anyone. Just pointing out how overly hypocritical some of you Pats fans can be. Hey...how soon before you mention Jerry Rice?

As Dirt pointed out, Patriots fans (like Rock) admit Brady cheated and justice has been served.

Brady fans are a whole other matter entirely.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Goodell has that power. The suspension was levied after Goodell looked at the proof. The first judge slammed the proof as being flawed, but this appeals court judge just slammed the first judge's poor ruling. Now its a clusterfuck of clusterfuckery.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Dirt pointed out, Patriots fans (like Rock) admit Brady cheated and justice has been served.

Brady fans are a whole other matter entirely.

Good point there. And I'm not trying to lump all Pats fans in the same category.