• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Frost is coming home

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how everybody has stayed away from talk about platty’s and what they might have on them.

We shan’t curse Frost with that this early in his career.
What the fuck have you done?!?!?!?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Husker Hooplan does Joe from Phoenix match the most?

Maybe their most entertaining call ever. LOL
Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Segment 3 @ 9 minutes in.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct Podcasts
That Ryan guy was an absolute dolt! and the "what if frost doestn work" guy because he is scared. Instead of asking what if scott doesnt work, ask What if Scott exceeds any fathomable expectation?!?!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how everybody has stayed away from talk about platty’s and what they might have on them.

We shan’t curse Frost with that this early in his career.

thought we assumed them after OUR head coach told the Big Ten to fuck off and adjust to us.

We are Nebraska - We are now going to run shit like we did in the 90's.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I mean the last 2 games did a number on that. They were both shootouts. Memphis had 400 yards at halftime this past week.

Memphis has put up huge Offensive stats against everyone they’ve played this year, with the exception of one week.....and that was the first time they played UCF when UCF held them to just 13 points.

Like I said though, usually the fastest paced Offense isn’t accompanied by the most stout Defense. It just doesn’t work that way

Yes, that is typical, but I would like to see the total package in a few years, High powered O with a stout D :D

I will settle for improvement, which the ar is pretty low at this point so it should be a no brainer to get back to being respectable in 2-3 years.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two offenses made a big swing on UCF's defensive rankings. They weren't a 'great' defense prior, but they were better than average.
---------
And you have to factor in, Frost's system was only at UCF for two years. IMO the offense and defense would only have been better next year.

If one recalls the old Nebraska offenses had the lines to literally pulverize the oppositions defense and our defenses were by and large always fresh. I believe that is what we will see out of Frost considering what he's paying his DC.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot wait till we have an offense of line like the pipeline back in the day and we just fucking Hammer people for four quarters

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kinda guy you're getting with Scott Frost:

Question: "How are you going to modify your system for the Big Ten?"
Scott Frost: "The Big Ten is gonna have to modify their system for us."

I got goosebumps when he said that. Holy shit!

Last edited:

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
This is the kinda guy you're getting with Scott Frost:

Question: "How are you going to modify your system for the Big Ten?"
Scott Frost: "The Big Ten is gonna have to modify their system for us."

I got goosebumps when he said that. Holy shit!
You & me both..... Literally.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot wait till we have an offense of line like the pipeline back in the day and we just fucking Hammer people for four quarters

I've got a feeling the blocking sleds are coming out of the storage locker. That's assuming they still have them. I couldn't find one Husker image with a blocking sled in it on Google.

Enough of the finesse blocking people to the side bs. DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE!!!

The DL and LB's have been getting shoved around in games. Likely because they're not getting shoved around in scrimmages.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really excited to see what Frost’s plan is season 1 at QB.

Does he roll with Tanner Lee and just get guys like Spielman more involved as other running options besides whatever RB we decide to roll with? Gotta remember it’s all about speed with his style.

Tanner has the talent to make big throws, so I could almost see him going this route. I guess a lot depends on whether or not we get a transfer who comes in and proves to be able to run the zone-read.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does he roll with Tanner Lee and just get guys like Spielman more involved as other running options besides whatever RB we decide to roll with? Gotta remember it’s all about speed with his style.

Tanner has the talent to make big throws, so I could almost see him going this route. I guess a lot depends on whether or not we get a transfer who comes in and proves to be able to run the zone-read.

I think Gebbia has a chance. In the spring game he looked to me to be more mobile then either Lee O'Brian but we will see. Spielman, Morgan, Lindsey should excel in this offense. A few guys I want to see in this offense is Kurt Rafdal the big 6-7 TE that I think will be a huge miss match out in space.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wanted a two sided 8 man sled. Offensive line pushes against the Dline. coach is in the middle barking in 20 degree snowin blowin weather. oh yeah.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF Defensive Stats prior to and after (bolded) playing USF and Memphis.

Total Defense (51) (93)
Scoring Defense (27) (53)
Rushing Defense (54) (66)
Pass Eff Defense (15) (55)

Defensive TD's (15) (17)
1st Downs Defense (32) (76)
Fumbles Recovered (26) (14)
Passes Intercepted (8) (5)
Turnover Margin (1) (3)

Wow...Would have never guessed that much change from 2 games over 12. It does make me slightly more optimistic for the defense.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really see POB or gebbia or another dual threat qb possibly juco route. Lee doesn't fit and isnt a threat to run so any zone read action would be a waste.

Plus the position qb wise is so important that he is gonna want a qb he can trust with the keys to the offense.

I hope jd morgan and Lindsay are ready they are about to eat under this spread. I feel dp-el would have gone bonkers in frost offense too his tweet was truly sad.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woooooooooooooo!! Listening to Sharp and Benning on 1620, I think Coach Frost is extending an offer to Big Foot to help out on the O-Line and make holes for running lanes!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Frost and staff off the hook now?