• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bravo, O-line!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....though smitty makes some good points against. But this week would be a good week to experiment with some blitzes. We should be able to beat the Bucs even if they burn it once or twice. Then if they torch the blitz at least we know we're stuck with what we have.

After reading Howie's "5 mississippi's" comment Im going to spend some time thinking about everybody else's angle.(everybody might be a stretch, but it's got to be most) I've been stuck in my "understanding why we don't blitz" mindset for years. Maybe I need to be annoyed at Gunns? This would/could be a huge shift for me. Not sure what Id do if I stopped being pissed at Mayhew for passing on lots of late round safeties and safety/OLB combo guys.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we lost jason jones early this year which didn't help and ansah's biggest plays have been wiped out with stupid penalties by one person or another otherwise our stats/DEs would look better. plus if all you are looking at are stats then you of course you are underwhelmed by the dline.

i just tried looking but it is a pain to find QB hits accumulated by defenses. in that regard i would bet we are top of the line. plus the defense has made huge plays that has won us games, Suh clubbing down the CHI pass at the half for the pick fariley's 2 point denial simply listed as a TFL instead of the game winning play. the defensive line has played well this year the primary rag point that is so frustrating is the regression of our secondary. at least we know what we are drafting this year.

back to the point of this thread hell yeah the oline is badass! i called it i screamed at every single one of you who claimed that reiff was a washed up never-was who would be lucky to play RG. i called a lot of other things as well this year that aren't untrue yet but for now i am going to be happy with the superb oline play that is still clicking despite missing 2 RTs.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...for now i am going to be happy with the superb oline play that is still clicking
despite missing 2 RTs.

That's the amazing thing, the OL is less than full strength and still playing exceptionally well. We actually have some DEPTH there. Stafford is one of the least-touched QBs in the league.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive ends are among the worst in the league.. That's the reason for the low sack total.. They are about as bad as the secondary.

I agree completely, ansah has had his moments but they just are awful overall. They are awful with arguably the best DT tandem in football. Thats why I dont care for the bad rap that suh and fairley are getting by some people. Suh and fairley are getting absolutely no help from the defensive ends, the coordinator and the secondary. Hell yes they are good, now play to your strengths. Give suh and fairley the opportunity to succeed. Its the same way on the offensive side, if you dont design plays for CJ and give him the chance to succeed you will see him struggle.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the amazing thing, the OL is less than full strength and still playing exceptionally well. We actually have some DEPTH there. Stafford is one of the least-touched QBs in the league.

I saw he was the least sacked qb in the league. Even the biggest kool aid drinkers wouldnt have predicted that, very great job by the oline/ and mayhew and xanders.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be doing the blitzing though? Delmas, Quin, Tully or Levy? To me, Levy blitzing leaves Tully with responsibility that are over his head. Sending Delmas and/or Quin leaves an already bad secondary without a safety net. Tulloch is the only option that I see as someone who doesn't leave the defense worse off in coverage with him coming after the QB. But im not sure that he's much of a blitzer. Idk, I just don't see a great benefit to blitzing more given the options we have. (A pass rushing OLB would be nice) When I hollered for us to draft a safety, after Quin was signed, Delmas being able to blitz more was on my mind. (Same thing every time a safety is available on waivers)

I think you have your playmakers blitz. Levy has been making huge plays all year, or delmas. Its the risk you take, but they need to do something. I'm not advocating blitzing all of the time but big plays are going to get that d line all amped up and aggressiveness will create turnovers. They cant do any worse, they are already allowing at least one long pass td a game anyhow.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we are already forcing quick throws often enough. When we aren't, there's often extra blockers. I would like to see a little more blitzing, but I don't think our secondary can handle it.