• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Merriweather

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, Gary Fencik and Doug Plank made a career in Chicago spearing. Not sure what you mean by "back then". Though it was probably more the 70's they played in than the 80's, but I think one of them, Fencik made it into the 80's.

IIRC, spearing wasn't outlawed until late 80s...early 90s? Yeah, I didn't define "back then" , but I'm pretty sure I've said more than once its been ilegal for years.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Skins fans trying to say both hits were legal.

Those are some serious delusions...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would link suspensions to injuries. If the packer is out all season, then Merriweather should be suspended all season. Same shit in hockey, Torres drops hossa for the entire playoffs, fuck him til next year. Gooodool fucked up without doing anything for the packer hits, I guess the guys handing out the punishment hate the packers too. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would link suspensions to injuries. If the packer is out all season, then Merriweather should be suspended all season. Same shit in hockey, Torres drops hossa for the entire playoffs, fuck him til next year. Gooodool fucked up without doing anything for the packer hits, I guess the guys handing out the punishment hate the packers too. lol

You can't do that man. It would cause way too much bull shit.

A guy makes a borderline illegal hit. The guy goes out for the season, and then a safety is suspended for the season when he may have had no intentions in the first place. These guys don't have much time to think. It happens too fast. Although, Merriweather's were CLEARLY pretty blatant. This is one of the first times I have sided with the league.

They judge the suspension by the severity of the intentions by the defender. Which is a good thing.