• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandin Cooks gets 5/80

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhhh, that's not an algorithm, that's a subjective charting system. So highly doubtful. Cian is many things- a douchebag, arrogant, but not stupid.

It has be noted that Goff would talk to Watkins during the huddle of games and ask him if he knew the route he was running and he still ran the wrong route.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs are getting too much.
Thats my takeaway here, too.

20 million a year should get year a DPOY candidate type of player. 16 million a year for any WR that isnt like Antonio Brown seems like a mistake. I know I cringed when the Chiefs picked up Watkins.

The thing the Chiefs and Rams have in common are the rookie QB contracts so maybe they think they have the flexibility to burn money. Maybe they do but this kind of thing might totally wreck the WR market.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IMO is a stupid signing.

The Pats and Saints FO are some of the better in the league, and they were happy to let Cooks walk. Cooks is a known locker room distraction and could hinder the development of Goff, especially with Greg Olsen gone.

D Grade. Only thing keeping this from an F is the fact it's $20M guaranteed. LA is clearly looking to make a run this year by signing the worst locker room in NFL history, and I get that... but I have zero clue why you're guaranteeing to keep it around for another 5 years in Cooks with a young QB and HC.

This seems like irresponsible spending by a team that is desperate to win over fans in LA.
raw

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right. I should have said Drew Brees and Tom Brady. Also, he didn't even start his career with 3 straight 1,000 seasons. He only had 550 his first year and his big 3 years he only averaged 70 yards per game. Not so spectacular. WRs are getting too much. No way Cooks helps a football team more than Le veon Bell
U show ur ignorance by comparing wr contracts to rbs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like an overpay for a guy who has never put up "elite" numbers while having two all-time great quarterbacks throwing to him during his entire career.

You got facepalmed for that?
I think you must have struck a nerve!!!!!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sammy Watkins Dropped the Diva Attitude and Got His Career Back on Track in L.A.

As Watkins explains, Goff often asks him in the huddle if he knows what he's doing on a certain play, a certain route concept and—eyes wide, shaking his head—Watkins will admit he does not. At which point, Goff explains everything. Right then. In real time. And Watkins' X's and O's encyclopedia grows. The duo has reached the point where they're seeing the same holes in defenses pre-snap.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U show ur ignorance by comparing wr contracts to rbs
You show an inability to read. Cooks is good, but far from great at this point. His numbers in two explosive offenses are what you would expect from an above average receiver. I know how much WRs get which is why I said that in the first place. IMO WRs get too much and Bell helps a football team more than Cooks...a lot more. Get it???

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In two or three years, this deal will look great.
Why is that? They paid a guy who hasn't shown the ability to be a true #1 WR like a top 5 #1 in the league. He is more of a complementary piece than a guy what can take over a game no matter what the defense does. I'd personally rather have past his prime Dez Bryant for a discount than overpay Cooks.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks it's going to be a requote in a few years.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has be noted that Goff would talk to Watkins during the huddle of games and ask him if he knew the route he was running and he still ran the wrong route.
I've heard that, but like I said it doesn't take a genius to fact check this on say All-22 if you're pretty much doing it for a living. Not saying it never happened- just real skeptical.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they let Sammy Watkins walk to then trade for Cooks (losing a 1st rounder) and then lock up Cooks with the same contract with more years.

The Saints and Patriots passed on this guy. Thats not a good sign.

I'm missing something. (Watkins injury history maybe)
I watched Sammy Watkins quite a bit last season and he didn't seem to have his heart into playing for the Rams. He didn't seem to go all out on some throws that came his way. JMHO.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? They paid a guy who hasn't shown the ability to be a true #1 WR like a top 5 #1 in the league. He is more of a complementary piece than a guy what can take over a game no matter what the defense does. I'd personally rather have past his prime Dez Bryant for a discount than overpay Cooks.
Good comment, but that is why we are not General Managers.