• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Officially Named as One of the Greatest Ever

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I hope they don't include Elway on the list. Would rather see Graham or Luckman represent the older guys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Favre end up on all of these lists? I just don't see how he can be considered top 10 all time

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be more older guys, as there should be IMO.

J. Montana
D. Marino
J. Unitas
T. Brady
P. Manning
S. Luckman
S. Baugh
B. Favre
O. Graham
R. Staubach

I'm not saying those are the guys I would put there...most of them yes. Maybe Elway will find his way on it (wouldn't be opposed).
Agreed. Seeing a lot of the names being left off the other positions in favor of older guys makes me believe they will do the same here.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Favre end up on all of these lists? I just don't see how he can be considered top 10 all time

A lot of it is media fueled....the guy is one of the more beloved figures in NFL history. It is what it is.

Having said that, I always look at Favre in two careers - one with Holmgren and one after. The guy with Holmgren was a 3 time NFL MVP and the best QB in football. The guy after Holmgren was left unaccounted for and tarnished himself somewhat with his reckless play. In the end he did hold most of the records.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of it is media fueled....the guy is one of the more beloved figures in NFL history. It is what it is.

Having said that, I always look at Favre in two careers - one with Holmgren and one after. The guy with Holmgren was a 3 time NFL MVP and the best QB in football. The guy after Holmgren was left unaccounted for and tarnished himself somewhat with his reckless play. In the end he did hold most of the records.
I agree. He was the best QB in the game in the 90s under Holmgren.