• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Endorses "Meal Plan" That Delivers His Diet

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady endorses meal subscription service
11:43 AM ET
  • i

Darren RovellESPN Senior Writer
    Close
    • ESPN.com's sports business reporter since 2012; previously at ESPN from 2000-06
    • Appears on SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com and with ABC News
    • Formerly worked as analyst at CNBC

In the past year, Tom Brady has put his name on workout equipment, a cookbook and bags of nuts. Now he's entering the prepared-meal subscription business.

Plant-based meal company Purple Carrot of Massachusetts announced Tuesday a partnership with the New England Patriots quarterback, unveiling a line of TB12 meals that follow Brady's rigid diet.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The company began selling the meals Tuesday morning at $78 per week (six meals), which is a $10 premium over the company's regular meal plan.

i

Tom Brady is endorsing a meal subscription service based on what he eats. Purple Carrot
Brady's meals will differ from what Purple Carrot normally sells in that they will, per Brady's stipulations, be higher-protein, gluten-free and limited in soy and refined sugar. None of the meals will contain recipes with dairy, eggs, seafood, meat or processed foods.

"Eating meals just like the ones we'll send out to our customers has really helped me stay at the top of my game," Brady said in a statement.

Sample meals include a ramen bowl with charred broccolini and gingered amaranth, and crispy turnip cakes with quinoa tabbouleh and za'atar yogurt.

"There's an importance in authenticity here," Purple Carrot founder and CEO Andy Levitt said. "Every meal that is designed is approved by Tom and his team, and Tom will get a box of meals to his home that is exactly what the people who order his meals get."

Purple Carrot has adopted the phrase "Eat Like A Goat," a double meaning that references a goat's plant-based diet and the acronym to greatest of all time.

Brady's endorsement could be a huge boost to the brand competing in the crowded meal-kit space, which is currently a $2 billion market but is predicted to rise to more than $30 billion over the next eight years, according to Levitt.

"Roughly 75 percent of those that order with us are female," Levitt said. "We think having Tom will make it more likely that we'll get some more men subscribing because they feel that connection to him. That being said, there's a lot of women out there that want their significant other to be like Tom, too."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dairy, eggs, seafood, meat or processed foods.

I like milk, ice cream, steak and Kraft macaroni and cheese way too much. I'm allergic to seafood so I can do without. I guess that's why I'm not a quarterback.

I guess that means I'd have to give up my 64 oz of Caffiene Free Diet Pepsi every day.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like milk, ice cream, steak and Kraft macaroni and cheese way too much. I'm allergic to seafood so I can do without. I guess that's why I'm not a quarterback.

I guess that means I'd have to give up my 64 oz of Caffiene Free Diet Pepsi every day.

no way I could ever have this diet, even if that meant I could sleep with Giselle

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's like drinking non alcoholic beer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like drinking non alcoholic beer.
Not exactly... The purpose of beer is to deliver a buzz, which non-alcoholic does not do... Brady's food delivers a superior nutritional punch.

Of course the superior nutritional punch is his opinion, but based on how I see him play at 39, I tend to believe he has put forth a compelling argument... No ones says everyone could sustain this diet. It would be a waste of money for anyone to buy the meals and not sustain the diet, but if you sustain his diet you may have found the closest thing to the fountain of youth.... again, based on the proof of his 39 year old performance.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly... The purpose of beer is to deliver a buzz, which non-alcoholic does not do... Brady's food delivers a superior nutritional punch.

Of course the superior nutritional punch is his opinion, but based on how I see him play at 39, I tend to believe he has put forth a compelling argument... No ones says everyone could sustain this diet. It would be a waste of money for anyone to buy the meals and not sustain the diet, but if you sustain his diet you may have found the closest thing to the fountain of youth.... again, based on the proof of his 39 year old performance.
You know, I was responding to the bolded, right?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I didn't, but my reply was really to the whole thread...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drinking a non caffeinated soda makes as much sense a sucking a tittie through a sweater.

I don't drink liquor of any kind. I was a nasty, dangerous drunk.

I don't need the caffeine.....certainly can't process the sugar........so it's decaffeinated, sugar free for me.

And it all depends who's titties they are, sweater or no. Rosie O'Donnell? Sofia Vegara?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way I could ever have this diet, even if that meant I could sleep with Giselle

Sleep with Giselle? I'd have to eat the bitch.

maxresdefault.jpg

No way I could live on leaves, roots and twigs. I'd inevitably kill someone out of perpetual hangriness.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, nope, not on a bet no.
Life without fat and bacon is not worth living I tells ya

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qgokep-l-610x610-sweater-hand-knit-made-mohair-dress-turtleneck-supertanya-soft-fuzzy-fluffy-angora-alpaca-wool-cashmere.jpg
I don't drink liquor of any kind. I was a nasty, dangerous drunk.

I don't need the caffeine.....certainly can't process the sugar........so it's decaffeinated, sugar free for me.

And it all depends who's titties they are, sweater or no. Rosie O'Donnell? Sofia Vegara?

Uhmm...Sophia Vegara in angora?

search