• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Box Score Breakdown

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Miami had had a firesale in the offseason and your talent left and you had 2 wins this season, you'd be a better team than Indiana? Wins/losses and level of play have nothing to do with it? Is that what you're saying?

But they didn't have a fire sale, did they?
They actually added more then they subtracted.

The Pacers have been full throttle, peddle to the metal since day 1.
The Heat has been what you might expect a back to back championship to be. A bit lazy and lethargic at times.
Yet, the Pacer lead is one game. Big F'n deal.

The Pacers were the 2nd best team in the East last year. They were blown out in game 7 when the Heat had to win.

So, as long as the Heat are healthy, and until they lose a 4th game in a series, there is no way or logical reason to declare any team as better then them.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they didn't have a fire sale, did they?
They actually added more then they subtracted.

The Pacers have been full throttle, peddle to the metal since day 1.
The Heat has been what you might expect a back to back championship to be. A bit lazy and lethargic at times.
Yet, the Pacer lead is one game. Big F'n deal.

The Pacers were the 2nd best team in the East last year. They were blown out in game 7 when the Heat had to win.

So, as long as the Heat are healthy, and until they lose a 4th game in a series, there is no way or logical reason to declare any team as better then them.

Okay, you're not going to answer my question.

Fair enough. :suds:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you're not going to answer my question.

Fair enough. :suds:

I addressed your question, is that not the same as answering it?

Your hypothetical described the 1998 Florida Marlins, not the 2013-14 Miami Heat.
Nothing you said really applied to them.

This Heat team can beat a lot of NBA teams by playing at a high level of play for about 1/3 of a game.

So, instead of worrying about a hypothetical that doesn't apply, why not explain how you decided that the suddenly surpassed the Heat as the best team in the East.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week ago?

"This game means nothing."

After the win?

"Give us our rings now."

Beyond absurd. :L

The more shit I see like this, the more I think some of you started watching basketball in 2008.

Last I checked I simply said that the Heat would beat the Pacers, they still have to play the Pacers and they still have to play who ever comes out of the West. Relax man, it is just a prediction I came to when looking over the stats. Nobody has said that this game means anything more than what it meant last week. It is still December.

There's like 11 legit teams in the West and almost every thread in the NBA forum is about one of the two teams in the East that are not god awful.

BK already stated this but I would also be happy to discuss and learn about any team you want to talk about in the West. Just start the thread.

So if Miami had had a firesale in the offseason and your talent left and you had 2 wins this season, you'd be a better team than Indiana? Wins/losses and level of play have nothing to do with it? Is that what you're saying?

They would still be the Champs but no we would not consider them the better team. You sure were grumpy last night, the Heat win or something?