• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. UCLA, Tuesday 12/31/13 @2pm EST on CBS

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public Health. I did my PhD in Epidemiology and even though my entire background is in infectious disease, if you want to get out of grad school you take whatever project shows up with an assistantship attached to it and funding. My position was in a center for injury control and violence and violent crime falls under that discipline.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public Health. I did my PhD in Epidemiology and even though my entire background is in infectious disease, if you want to get out of grad school you take whatever project shows up with an assistantship attached to it and funding. My position was in a center for injury control and violence and violent crime falls under that discipline.

I figured you'd say something like that. Ugh. You had to work on those projects. I'm sorry.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I learned a lot from it. I also published my first textbook chapter and have about 5 journal articles either in print or in press from my time there. My advisor was cool as hell and we still are in touch and drink beers together a lot. It opened up a lot of doors and gave me some new analysis tools. It was somewhat depressing though.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was look at the UCLA roster....its somewhat surprising to me how much success they've had this year considering all the youth they have starting. They start 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the OL and a freshman TE. Similary, they start a freshman DE, CB and LB and 2 more sophomores in the secondary.

If the "good" LT shows up and Bud comes out with a good defensive gameplan, VT may have a fighting chance. Too bad we lost Edmunds and our kickers suck. I have a feeling this one may end up playing out like the Michigan Sugarbowl game.

Moseph

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora is definitely makin an impact for UCLA.... I really hope we can get a win. This will be my first time seeing VT in person. I live in New Mexico and this is the closest to me they've ever come for a game. The offense is gonna have to step up though. I always worry about facing Dual Threats but i think Foster will have the D ready!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora is definitely makin an impact for UCLA.... I really hope we can get a win. This will be my first time seeing VT in person. I live in New Mexico and this is the closest to me they've ever come for a game. The offense is gonna have to step up though. I always worry about facing Dual Threats but i think Foster will have the D ready!

welcome to the hoop! just out of curiosity, being in New Mexico and all, how did you come about becoming a VT fan?

Moseph

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from a military family... I lived in Norfolk for a good 10 years or so during grade school before my parents retired and moved back to New Mexico. Living in Virginia for awhile i needed a team... so it was the Hoos or the Good Guys! I just liked the way VT played ball so the good guys it was and they've been my team ever since. But you'll notice im also a Lobo fan (my alma mater). I wouldve loved to attend VT but UNM made more sence financially at the time! lol.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from a military family... I lived in Norfolk for a good 10 years or so during grade school before my parents retired and moved back to New Mexico. Living in Virginia for awhile i needed a team... so it was the Hoos or the Good Guys! I just liked the way VT played ball so the good guys it was and they've been my team ever since. But you'll notice im also a Lobo fan (my alma mater). I wouldve loved to attend VT but UNM made more sence financially at the time! lol.

right on, well you definitely made the correct choice! I grew up in Chesapeake, and went on to VT after high school, I forget that with such a large military installment in the area that its pretty easy to breed fans that end up all over the world....try to take in a sportshoopla sign, so we can spot you at the game if you get on camera, and get a little free advertising, lol.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the latest on Kyle Fuller? Is he going to start?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52bcd861a4b82.preview-300.jpg

The Hokies are now in El Paso.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Practice underway here in El Paso. Both Kyle Fuller (core) and Antone Exum (ankle) are full go.</p>&mdash; VT Football (@VT_Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/VT_Football/statuses/416618784514797568">December 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge news. Kyle has been the H & S of the D. It just doesn't look or feel quite the same without him. A leader and a player.

Great to here that there is one last game for Tone as well. He's been a great Hokie. Looking forward to him playing in the M and O.

Last edited by a moderator: