• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Both Mississippi schools in the playoffs?

butters9

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me why a team should be rewarded for losing a division and the winner of that same division be punished.

I dare you. This is my main point. The point which you have been ducking, dodging and ignoring in this entire thread.
First post, so bear with me......

Here is a very possible scenario for this year. Ole Miss loses to Auburn. Auburn wins out. Ole Miss beats MSU in the Egg Bowl. All three teams are tied as division winners, but based on the 6th or 7th division tiebreaker in the SEC, Auburn will go to the CCG because their cross-division opponents have a better overall record (State and Ole Miss both play Vandy). Georgia then beats Auburn in the rematch, and wins the SEC at 11-2.

Would you still say that the division loser was being rewarded for losing due to a tiebreaker rule and that neither Ole Miss or State should be considered as a possible playoff team?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh gawd.....Ole Miss fans coming out of the woodwork...

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First post, so bear with me......

Here is a very possible scenario for this year. Ole Miss loses to Auburn. Auburn wins out. Ole Miss beats MSU in the Egg Bowl. All three teams are tied as division winners, but based on the 6th or 7th division tiebreaker in the SEC, Auburn will go to the CCG because their cross-division opponents have a better overall record (State and Ole Miss both play Vandy). Georgia then beats Auburn in the rematch, and wins the SEC at 11-2.

Would you still say that the division loser was being rewarded for losing due to a tiebreaker rule and that neither Ole Miss or State should be considered as a possible playoff team?

Considering they didn't have to play another game and run the risk of getting beat, yea I say they were rewarded.