• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullinger is a starting 4 in this league. Kevin Love is a superstar starting 4 in this league. Do you think Sullinger wants to spend his whole career as a backup? Minnesota has to be interested in the deal also. I doubt they would want Bradley or Olynyk and picks for Love but if they get Sully and a 1st round picke they get a middle class man's Love plus a chance to undo the Derrick Williams debacle. Word.

I doubt Sully will spend his entire career as a back-up, here or anywhere else. He is alresdy better than many more experienced forwards.

To rephrase something I said in another thread, I like Sully better than any young Celtic since Rajon Rondo showed up in Boston.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree. I like AB, but I think Sully is something special. I think he's one guy Danny wont trade unless it's an amazing offer. I think a decent offer would move Rondo or Green.

As I've said on other threads if not this one it would take multiple non-protected draft picks to convince me to trade Rondo. Green I would be more willing to let go despite his last name being so appropriate for our team. Or green having been my favorite color since before I moved to New England.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's game, matching as it does my adapted city's Celtics against my native city's Thunder has me wondering how many other Celtic fans want the Thunder to win the Western Conference,and why.

Anyone have anything to say on this?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a Pacers/Thunder or Pacers/Clippers final. Thats my hope. Pacers are constructed the way I would want to see a team play

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SULLY!!!!

OK, I will start a Celtics Trade Prediction Thread, for the next week's activities.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th seed right now. Stevens has the team playing great. Dude deserves some CoY votes for what he's done. To have Boston in the playoffs with the most roster turnover in the league(or damn near) is pretty outstanding

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th seed right now. Stevens has the team playing great. Dude deserves some CoY votes for what he's done. To have Boston in the playoffs with the most roster turnover in the league(or damn near) is pretty outstanding

Stevens was a GREAT HIRE. Ainge really did well on that one. Like you said- that team has had nothing but turnover and a ton of young guys- and a lot of the pieces dont match since Ainge is gathering assets for a trade...Somehow Stevens has got them playing over their heads- and I think he has done a great job in development as well- Bradley has developed a nice jumper and into a real assest- when before he was a guard that did not have to be guarded on the outside. Sullinger has developed well- Tyler Zeller is another young guy taken in the middle of the first round who looks like a solid rotation player...

wahts your opinion on Marcus Smart? - im curious...

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens was a GREAT HIRE. Ainge really did well on that one. Like you said- that team has had nothing but turnover and a ton of young guys- and a lot of the pieces dont match since Ainge is gathering assets for a trade...Somehow Stevens has got them playing over their heads- and I think he has done a great job in development as well- Bradley has developed a nice jumper and into a real assest- when before he was a guard that did not have to be guarded on the outside. Sullinger has developed well- Tyler Zeller is another young guy taken in the middle of the first round who looks like a solid rotation player...

wahts your opinion on Marcus Smart? - im curious...

Smart's numbers may not be on par with some rookie like Payton, but I love what he provides the team with. He can guard 1-3 due to his size and has great defensive prowess. His shooting has improved throughout the year and he has a decent inside game for a smaller guy. Plus he seems to make some key plays at times like his buzzer-beater the other night against Toronto.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart's numbers may not be on par with some rookie like Payton, but I love what he provides the team with. He can guard 1-3 due to his size and has great defensive prowess. His shooting has improved throughout the year and he has a decent inside game for a smaller guy. Plus he seems to make some key plays at times like his buzzer-beater the other night against Toronto.

well Smart was definitely drafted where he was because of his defense and athleticism. He could be first team defense a handful of times in his career if he develops.

I was just saying I think it was so important that Bradley developed a shot- because you guys need a SG that can really fill it up from the outside if Smart is going to handle the point duties.

trading for IThomas though gives you a ptentially very solid 3 guard rotation- but it raises some questions- i nthat its obvious at this point Thomas is the better player than Smart- which is no surprisee considering Smart is a rook- but Thomas' game- being a scorer like that really ideally plays well from the bench- while Smarts game- a defensive stopper- really is better suited as a starter as long as he keeps developing his passing, ball handling- and eventually gets a respectable shot.

You saw a team succeed with a PG that could not shoot before in Rondo- but also know that with Allen , Pierce and Garnett- there was a ton of talent- and shooting around him. In todays NBA i think its tough to have a guard who cant stretch the floor- unless you are loaded elsewhere.....

who knows what will happen wit hthe Celtics- half the teamcould be traded tomorrow for a star taht becomes avalaible- or maybe a lot of them stay together for a while.....it will be interesting to see.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Stevens has this group contending for a playoff spot. I'm excited for the future.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smart a lot if you didnt notice....but he really cannot do what Rondo did- and ignore his shot for his entire career.....if he is going to be an elite guy. Rondo was so good for like a 2-3 year stretch- and i think he thought he didnt have to learn how to shoot- and we can all see how much that is limiting him now...you can employ a "hack a Rondo" strategy with how bad he is at free throws- and forget trusting him with a game winning shot- he does not trust himself....it just furstrates me to no end since i loved watching Rondo at his peak - but he always had a to do it his way and was stubborn- and its biting him in hte ass now--- I hope Smart looks at that- and takes the good things from Rondo- but also learns from the bad stuff Rondo did