• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Boston Bruins(1) vs. Detroit Red Wings(WC 2) | ECQF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - obstruction not called by the ref who Datsyuk was pushed into.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with all the gear a goalie has I would not want to get hit by that blast from Chara.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs suck. This is the playoffs shove the whistle's in your pocket. I would much rather the players decide the game. Even though we have 2 PP goals now.

I guaranty the Bruins will be marching to the box a lot in the 3rd.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating is bad today, and the Bruins don't need the help as it is

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating is bad today, and the Bruins don't need the help as it is

Come on Cobie, Brendan Smith totally sold that high-stick call with the head snap that led to the Wings PP goal. Just saw the replay and Lucic grazed his shoulder.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Cobie, Brendan Smith totally sold that high-stick call with the head snap that led to the Wings PP goal. Just saw the replay and Lucic grazed his shoulder.

I agree on Brendan Smith but there's a lot of other ones the Bruins get away with - Bruins probably deserved that one on Milan Lucic after the ones they got away with before

You have to let these guys play - calling multiple penalties near the end of the period doesn't help the cause - both sides are getting screwed but Boston really doesn't need the help, takes the flow away from the game

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - obstruction not called by the ref who Datsyuk was pushed into.

I didn't get that. Both guys gave each other a little shove. Datsyuk lost his balance. And the goal was scored 10 seconds later. Babcock going nuts on the ref over it.

I don't really get the yelling at the ref after the play stuff. Personally, when I played soccer and hockey, I always complimented the ref or said nothing. They called me for a foul/penalty where I did it, I'd get up and say "yup, I got 'em, good call." If I didn't like it, I'd be straight - "hey, I didn't get him, but I can understand why it would look like it." I found it helped me with the refs and got better calls overall.

After all, if a guy has a rep as a diver, the refs tend to assume the worst. I found the opposite was true. I drew 3 penalty shots in 12 games my senior year of high school in soccer as evidence. That's A LOT of penalty shots for one guy to draw. Don't they say you get more flies with honey?

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with Franzen. Compliance Buyout his ass

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get that. Both guys gave each other a little shove. Datsyuk lost his balance. And the goal was scored 10 seconds later. Babcock going nuts on the ref over it.

I don't really get the yelling at the ref after the play stuff. Personally, when I played soccer and hockey, I always complimented the ref or said nothing. They called me for a foul/penalty where I did it, I'd get up and say "yup, I got 'em, good call." If I didn't like it, I'd be straight - "hey, I didn't get him, but I can understand why it would look like it." I found it helped me with the refs and got better calls overall.

After all, if a guy has a rep as a diver, the refs tend to assume the worst. I found the opposite was true. I drew 3 penalty shots in 12 games my senior year of high school in soccer as evidence. That's A LOT of penalty shots for one guy to draw. Don't they say you get more flies with honey?

I think Babs was more pissed off that the ref got in the way and impeded Datsyuk. That with the last 3 penalties combined made him lose it.

It's very rare to see Babcock yelling at the refs

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johan Franzen with the turnover of the century

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that, Franzen turning the puck. Jesus christ he has been beyond useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.