• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bonds conviction overturned

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never convicted of anything
never caught cheating
never failed a drug test
never suspended for anything

Reports will keep him out of the hall of fame for a vendetta for rudeness.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he belongs in the Hall, and I think this ruling will help SOME voters finally cast a vote for him.

However, to say he wasn't a user is to stretch any kind of credibility.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was nothing like watching his at bats when he was tearing apart the league. nothing short of amazing. everybody in the league was on something and he was still that much better than everybody else

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was on his way to the HOF without the steroids.

he has taken over for mac as the poster boy for steroids in sports.

i cant think of another gifted ballplayer, a speedster in the OF...who became what bonds became.

he was a 40-50 steal 30 HR hitter in 1990.

by 2001, he was a 73 HR 13 steal guy.

guys with that skillset simply dont just "change".

bonds_ba.jpg

still, as the OP pointed out...no failed tests...just his name all over paperwork for a federally raided "clinic".

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never caught cheating
never failed a drug test

This will send a message that being rude could have a major impact on your legacy. Probably a good message to send to professional athletes. And to amature athletes as well.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trial was a complete waste of time and money. Just as were the rest of the trials chasing down ped users. Was there a rule against them? I think I remember the answer to that being no. If I'm incorrect, then yes, they're cheaters. That being said, spending millions upon millions with grand jury costs, attorneys, etc. was just ridiculous. What was the end result? A few guys caught perjuring themselves but no other result worth mentioning. Make the rules, drug test the athletes, deal out punishment where needed. Why the government was ever involved comes down to one thing. Money in the attorneys' pockets. That, and some dolts in our gov't weren't bright enough to take on real issues that affect all Americans.

That said...

There is a group of MLB fans who live in the past, a past that never really existed but a baseball past they loved.

All the players were just nice guys who did nothing but play baseball, they had no personal lives, they were only seen on the filed, in fact for many of these fans they only existed on the diamond and the sun was always shining and the grass was always green and there was never a rainout.

Of course those days never existed. Add to those fans the sanctimonious sportswriters who pretend like they're the protectors of baseball and you have a perfect storm of resentment and hate.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never caught cheating
never failed a drug test

So he's innocent like Lance Armstrong?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds just wasn't caught, look at those pictures, something's up.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trial was a complete waste of time and money. Just as were the rest of the trials chasing down ped users. Was there a rule against them? I think I remember the answer to that being no. If I'm incorrect, then yes, they're cheaters. That being said, spending millions upon millions with grand jury costs, attorneys, etc. was just ridiculous. What was the end result? A few guys caught perjuring themselves but no other result worth mentioning. Make the rules, drug test the athletes, deal out punishment where needed. Why the government was ever involved comes down to one thing. Money in the attorneys' pockets. That, and some dolts in our gov't weren't bright enough to take on real issues that affect all Americans.

That said...

There is a group of MLB fans who live in the past, a past that never really existed but a baseball past they loved.

All the players were just nice guys who did nothing but play baseball, they had no personal lives, they were only seen on the filed, in fact for many of these fans they only existed on the diamond and the sun was always shining and the grass was always green and there was never a rainout.

Of course those days never existed. Add to those fans the sanctimonious sportswriters who pretend like they're the protectors of baseball and you have a perfect storm of resentment and hate.[/QUOTE]

the media is embarrassing. they make bonds out to be some monster. he isn't lance Armstrong or ryan braun. bob costas and obermann need to stfu already

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds just wasn't caught, look at those pictures, something's up.

I'm certainly not implying with my following statement that I believe that Bonds didn't use but using pics of a professional athlete 20 yrs apart as your "evidence" is a bit of a stretch as well. I was a twig at 18 compared to what I was when I was 22 as a college athlete, so using the eyeball test to determine who is guilty or innocent isn't the way to go. Rincon got busted and he is 170 lbs wet and wearing boots. Colon got popped and he's shaped more like a beach ball then someone who frequents a weight room. The eye ball test shouldn't be the determining factor of guilt.

If you want to bring up BALCO reports, then that's another story.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he belongs in the Hall, and I think this ruling will help SOME voters finally cast a vote for him.

However, to say he wasn't a user is to stretch any kind of credibility.

Actually what is more important is the assertion that the use of steroids significantly affected home runs. There is no statistical proof for that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually what is more important is the assertion that the use of steroids significantly affected home runs. There is no statistical proof for that.
Maybe not his HRs per AB (not saying I necessarily believe this, but granting for argument sake), but certainly the number of ABs. Further his quality ABs later in games or later in the season are a direct result of "juicing".

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's innocent like Lance Armstrong?

he didn't drag people names in the mud and try to ruin their lives like lance and braun. he had a good friend take the fall who he obviously took care of though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. Look at Sosa and what happened after he stopped and shrunk. He disappeared.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Look at Sosa and what happened after he stopped and shrunk. He disappeared.

I can put up a lot of stats to show you but suffice to say that even as BALCO was raging and Anderson was being put in jail Bonds was putting up huge numbers.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not his HRs per AB (not saying I necessarily believe this, but granting for argument sake), but certainly the number of ABs. Further his quality ABs later in games or later in the season are a direct result of "juicing".

And how did you come by that? I will let you take your time and read this. It is fascinating.

Actual Baseball Effects of PEDs