• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bomani Jones

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point in all of our lives we are, affected by, influenced by and even motivated by race. Granted we are often unaware of that factor as we try to be better than that but it does inpact all of our lives to some degree or another. No one is calling Gruden a racist, but clearly that's where you are attempting to go with it.
Ha! Your right, sty. I'm the one that leveled the implication. Nice deflection. I'm done.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discrimination is out there & real. No Doubt.

But they think they're smart & try to be subtle about it.

The rich guy sitting 3 rows behind me asks yesterday, with my scruffy hair, "are you a season ticket holder?"

He knew i didnt belong there.

So, while discrimination is out there ... via innuendo & other subtle techniques ...

Redskins fans all know the coach based his decision on what was best for, him, his career & the team ... just compare Redskins vs Tampa 2014 vs 2015.

The only issue I have with the sitting of Griffen, which Bomani & others dont seem to care about ... is dude was set to start week 1 before his concussion week 3 of preseason. Like i said then, we shouldn't be taking peoples jobs based on injury, but without the coach coming out & saying "Cousins won the job" it leaves the appearance Griffen lost the job based on the concussion.

And in todays society you can leave a crack open for anyone to speculate possible alternative motives.

Bomani Jones owns Grant Paulsen about Kirk Cousins (with tweets) · fflg149

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you haven't noticed it we still live in the U.S. there's a history. Beyond that there's a history of the same within the NFL. You simply cannot rule out the possibility. Clear and concise enough for you?
Which was/is the point of the piece by Mr. Jones.

At some point in all of our lives we are, affected by, influenced by and even motivated by race. Granted we are often unaware of that factor as we try to be better than that but it does inpact all of our lives to some degree or another. No one is calling Gruden a racist, but clearly that's where you are attempting to go with it.

Sorry Sty you have been walking this dog for awhile. Not j_y and not dad. Besides it is your go to move to throw something out there then say someone else is the one who made the claim.

When Cali first made this post she asked everyone to use common sense. I think we have for the most part. I live on both sides of the street and have answered and erased my answer at least 10 times. Anyhow if you want to fan the flames don't turn around and blame someone else.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Sty you have been walking this dog for awhile. Not j_y and not dad. Besides it is your go to move to throw something out there then say someone else is the one who made the claim.

When Cali first made this post she asked everyone to use common sense. I think we have for the most part. I live on both sides of the street and have answered and erased my answer at least 10 times. Anyhow if you want to fan the flames don't turn around and blame someone else.

At least try to be accurate. The Mr. Jones clearly stated that one has to CONSIDER THE POSSIBLIITY, that race played a role in the different public treatment. Nowhere did he or I who supports the possibility come close to calling Gruden a racist, which of course J_y turned it into. Dad on the other hand decided to go on as if that was the dominant reason, which of course it was not even close to the point.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would interject but I think Sty's pretty much got this covered.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least try to be accurate. The Mr. Jones clearly stated that one has to CONSIDER THE POSSIBLIITY, that race played a role in the different public treatment. Nowhere did he or I who supports the possibility come close to calling Gruden a racist, which of course J_y turned it into. Dad on the other hand decided to go on as if that was the dominant reason, which of course it was not even close to the point.

I am sticking with what I said. I think this has been handled well by the folks on the forum. BMitch saw it the same way as j_y and dad.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this is pretty much of a dead subject now (& certainly at least till the Saints game). It is time for this organization to move on. I am not sure if Cousins is the long term answer for this team, but any objective fan would see that he is the best that they have at QB at the current time.

Time for the team and RG3 to make near term plans for an amicable split. Barring major injury to Cousins RG3 likely won't see the field this season & will be playing elsewhere next season - the $16 million clause pretty much makes that inevitable. It doesn't matter if that is right or wrong - it is business. Ideally - this works out for all parties - time will tell.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do have to consider that race may play a role. But you also have to consider the frequency of how race is used as cover or an excuse on why a black athlete gets criticized.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to consider that race may play a role. But you also have to consider the frequency of how race is used as cover or an excuse on why a black athlete gets criticized.

Absolutely agree with you! It is the cancer that races through the life blood of this country and its inhabitants. One day (though I doubt that I'll live to see it) there will be a concerted effort to purge it once and for all. Until that time comes what you've written will unfortunately, remain the status quo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree with you! It is the cancer that races through the life blood of this country and its inhabitants. One day (though I doubt that I'll live to see it) there will be a concerted effort to purge it once and for all. Until that time comes what you've written will unfortunately, remain the status quo.

The problem is, those that feel they have been historically victimized by racism, tend to constantly be looking for examples of it. On the flip side, those who have never actually done anything racist always have to be on guard against charges of racism simply because they are NOT a member of one of the so call minorities. At some point, we have to get past the concept of " Well I didnt get the job because Im black". And others have to get past the idea that because some one was born black, Chinese or what ever, they are some how less capable.

HAving said that, I do agree that part of Griffins public acceptance or lack there of has to do with race. But while one can say that Coiusins gets a pass because he is not black, one could also say that Griffins unyielding loyalists in the DC area just might be more supportive of him because he is black. SO it goes both ways.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do i have to "consider " a damn thing ? i dont have to consider anything bomani jones thinks i need to or anyone else for that matter

it is/was obvious that RG3 couldnt be a productive qb in the pocket and hence he was benched as he should have been

i dont have to "consider " foolish BS and this is what that is and the word parcels that come with it

if RG3 was doing his job he would be in there lock stock and barrel

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, those that feel they have been historically victimized by racism, tend to constantly be looking for examples of it. On the flip side, those who have never actually done anything racist always have to be on guard against charges of racism simply because they are NOT a member of one of the so call minorities. At some point, we have to get past the concept of " Well I didnt get the job because Im black". And others have to get past the idea that because some one was born black, Chinese or what ever, they are some how less capable.

HAving said that, I do agree that part of Griffins public acceptance or lack there of has to do with race. But while one can say that Coiusins gets a pass because he is not black, one could also say that Griffins unyielding loyalists in the DC area just might be more supportive of him because he is black. SO it goes both ways.

Great points. I also believe that this is also part of the reason why media outlets and the folks who work at these places (e.g. Jones) use race as a ratings grabber. They know - regardless of where you fall on this issue - that statements such as the ones made by him will prompt many folks to watch their TV show, listen to their radio show or click on their related story. It is all about $$ for these folks & like they say the only color that they care about is green.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points. I also believe that this is also part of the reason why media outlets and the folks who work at these places (e.g. Jones) use race as a ratings grabber. They know - regardless of where you fall on this issue - that statements such as the ones made by him will prompt many folks to watch their TV show, listen to their radio show or click on their related story. It is all about $$ for these folks & like they say the only color that they care about is green.

i agree with that for sure . ESPN sticks their business noses into alot of areas they dont need too

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you on most of what you've written, I'm going to need one little thing from you. A clear concise rationalization that completely eliminates the possibility of race as a factor no matter how big or small a role it might have played in the way each was or has been treated publicly. Thanks.

You cannot eliminate it; however, can you prove it? It is impossible to prove either way unless Gruden comes out and states he treated him differently because he is black. To claim racism without proof is one of the greatest unwritten crimes of humanity. People want to be given equal opportunity without personal merit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you haven't noticed it we still live in the U.S. there's a history. Beyond that there's a history of the same within the NFL. You simply cannot rule out the possibility. Clear and concise enough for you?
Which was/is the point of the piece by Mr. Jones.

There is a history in every country in the world of all races. It was blacks that sold blacks into slavery, worldwide. Blacks were not the only slaves. There were white slaves and Asian slaves and Hispanic slaves...even here in the US. There were also black slave owners in the US. Today, worldwide, there is still slavery and every race is involved.

People need to get over race and prove themselves worthy. Nobody is paid based on race. Nobody is paid based on gender. It may influence these things but that is unprovable.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a history in every country in the world of all races. It was blacks that sold blacks into slavery, worldwide. Blacks were not the only slaves. There were white slaves and Asian slaves and Hispanic slaves...even here in the US. There were also black slave owners in the US. Today, worldwide, there is still slavery and every race is involved.

People need to get over race and prove themselves worthy. Nobody is paid based on race. Nobody is paid based on gender. It may influence these things but that is unprovable.

Actually rampant racism is not unprovable. The fact that 65% of the imprisoned people in this country are black despite the fact that we make up less than 30% of the reported population does say that racism does still exist to an extent. But be that as it may, that can NOT be used as an excuse to blame every ill that befalls a black man on racism. I have never been locked up, on drugs, or passed over because of my race. And to be honest if I thought a company didnt hire me because Im black, I dont want to work there any way. And I have left what would be considered good jobs because I felt my EEOC status mattered more than my ability.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually rampant racism is not unprovable. The fact that 65% of the imprisoned people in this country are black despite the fact that we make up less than 30% of the reported population does say that racism does still exist to an extent. But be that as it may, that can NOT be used as an excuse to blame every ill that befalls a black man on racism. I have never been locked up, on drugs, or passed over because of my race. And to be honest if I thought a company didnt hire me because Im black, I dont want to work there any way. And I have left what would be considered good jobs because I felt my EEOC status mattered more than my ability.

Actually, the incarceration rate does not prove racism. If these people did not commit the crimes but were wrongfully convicted by jurors who admit they gave a verdict of guilty based on race and not guilt, then yes.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" ... makes up less than 30% of the population" also suggests that racism in sports is more unlikely since the percentage of black football players in the NFL. People like me are old enough to remember when it was a problem in the league. Of course it doesn't mean it can't happen and we have veered away from the specific case into more generalities which is fine.

One only needs to look at the number of black QBs or HCs in the league to see that things have improved. Are they perfect? No, are they much better than 50 years ago. Hell yes.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali is a woman? Makes perfect sense, appears to be calmer amd more reasonable than us mouth breathers.