• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bolts vs Blackhawks

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope we get the same effort as we did with Boston !

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Lightning fans, very impressive win beating the defending Cup champs on the road. Bishop looked great tonight.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Lightning fans, very impressive win beating the defending Cup champs on the road. Bishop looked great tonight.
wow Bishop looked really good and stole that game! I'm just shocked we won we got out played but Bishop just outplayed Crawford

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we also seem to have a guy that can score in a shootout now in Valtteri Filppula! I like the way this guy can skate with the puck. I'm a little shocked the redwings wanted weiss over him

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on that big win, fellas. :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Bishop looked really good and stole that game! I'm just shocked we won we got out played but Bishop just outplayed Crawford

Yeah, didn't think they would beat the Blackhawks @ Chicago, especially after being down 2-0. Good comeback by the Lightning, should give them some confidence going forward.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the Blackhawks were the better team but the shot total was a bit overblown, it's not as if the Lightning got played off the ice. It was a great comeback win, Bish was stellar and just think one of their two goals was set up by the glass. So far so good, i'm impressed, hope they can keep it up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1 isn't a bad record at all considering the Lightning started their 1st 2 games on the road going up against last season's SCF teams. Also seeing Bishop play like he did last night should be very encouraging.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the lightning can get stable goaltending from Bishop and Lindback they could surprise many teams in this league

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, goaltending is important for the Lightning. I think Bishop will be solid, not so sure about Lindback tho.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like how our defense has looked so far, just think we have let in 5 goals in total, 2 have been SH goals (one being a penalty shot) and another goal came about of a lucky bounce. I really like way Sustr and Gudas have handled themselves, Sustr has really impressed. I think Brewer looks better and Matt Carle looks a lot improved over last year. These are only early days but these are positive signs. I know we just gave up 30 somert shots to Chicago but for the most part I thought the bolts held them at bay regarding 'quality' scoring chances and I thought they did a nice job of eliminating 2nd chances, we didn't do that all last year.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop made some great stops. I tuned in when it was 2-0 and I thought they still had a chance if they turned on the after burners like they did last year. The third period is going to be big for us again this year. About Lindback, he stops almost all the long shots, its the close in and shoutouts that he has problems with. A little improvement and he will be almost as good as Bishop.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like how our defense has looked so far, just think we have let in 5 goals in total, 2 have been SH goals (one being a penalty shot) and another goal came about of a lucky bounce. I really like way Sustr and Gudas have handled themselves, Sustr has really impressed. I think Brewer looks better and Matt Carle looks a lot improved over last year. These are only early days but these are positive signs. I know we just gave up 30 somert shots to Chicago but for the most part I thought the bolts held them at bay regarding 'quality' scoring chances and I thought they did a nice job of eliminating 2nd chances, we didn't do that all last year.

We allowed almost 40 shots on goal this game! I don't like how our defense looks. Thank God Bishop was solid! 40 shots on goal will wear out any netminder including greats like Roy, Hasek, etc! I'll take the win even though they really didn't deserve it. And yes Fillp is an excellent addition. Being a Wing fan also, I knew this from the start. Can't believe the Wings let him go!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop made some great stops. I tuned in when it was 2-0 and I thought they still had a chance if they turned on the after burners like they did last year. The third period is going to be big for us again this year. About Lindback, he stops almost all the long shots, its the close in and shoutouts that he has problems with. A little improvement and he will be almost as good as Bishop.

I agree with you Bolt and it's a shame we still can't play all 60 mins of the game. But the last 5-15 mins they play and play well. Imagine how good they'd be if they played all 60 like that!! :wtf2:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We allowed almost 40 shots on goal this game! I don't like how our defense looks. Thank God Bishop was solid! 40 shots on goal will wear out any netminder including greats like Roy, Hasek, etc! I'll take the win even though they really didn't deserve it. And yes Fillp is an excellent addition. Being a Wing fan also, I knew this from the start. Can't believe the Wings let him go!
one thing really good about Filppula is that he is a good playmaker that the bolts have not had in a long time. As good as Stamkos and St.Louis are they are snipers pretty much.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah and how many shots did we give up to Boston? My point is they have done a nice job of keeping teams to the outside for the most part, they have done a nice job eliminating 2nd chance opportunities, they've definitely improved regarding turnovers and there playing more physical as a unit. I also like the fact that they are more mobile and they also look more poised, last year that wasn't the case. Bish was amazing against Chicago, he made some great saves but I think the defense could made it tougher on him, if that was last year's D for example that could of easily been a different score line.