• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BOLD tournament predictions....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing new mexico last year to Cincy this year isn't right. UNM was highly overrated last year, and was the easiest upset pick in my bracket. I literally filled out 20 brackets last year and took harvard in every one of them.

I will be more like 70/30 in favor of Cincy this year because of that defense. But if I was a Cincy fan I wouldn't be happy we drew Harvard, they are a legit squad that almost won @ Uconn

oops...I obviously meant to quote the shenanigans guy not cincyfan

It's all good. I agree, Harvard will be an interesting matchup because of their ability, but because of their lack of size, I really like UC's chances to shut them down on defense. Size is UC's one big disadvantage, so their tallest guy goes to 6'7" for Harvard, and that allows UC to switch on defense, which is what makes them so good, as opposed to many teams trying to run around/through screens to avoid mismatches...UC doesn't have to worry about that.

I like UC here, but as I said before (in a more serious post) I expect it to be close, but I think the rebounding and defense will be something Harvard hasn't seen, and by the time they adjust, it will give UC enough time to get some points, and rely on their defense down the stretch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big money quetion is which two 1 & 2 seeds don't make it.

UK definitely has a chance at WSU. Oklahoma St has the potential of beating Zona if they play great bball.

But I think they move on and all 1 seeds slide into the Sweet 16.

I have Nova as the only 2 seed not in the Sweet 16, and I think Wisconsin is a lot better this year but Oregon could gove them a tough game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing new mexico last year to Cincy this year isn't right. UNM was highly overrated last year, and was the easiest upset pick in my bracket. I literally filled out 20 brackets last year and took harvard in every one of them.

I will be more like 70/30 in favor of Cincy this year because of that defense. But if I was a Cincy fan I wouldn't be happy we drew Harvard, they are a legit squad that almost won @ Uconn

oops...I obviously meant to quote the shenanigans guy not cincyfan

Two more things to consider: Harvard was more experience/deeper last year when they upset NM (read this somewhere, so not 100% sure on this), but they had a deeper bench last year.

Also, Cincinnati is a top offensive rebounding team. It's one of the things that off-sets their offense. Harvard is ranked in the 200's, I think UC was 26th. Considering UC has the ability to reboud despite a lack of size, Harvard being smaller/same size is a huge plus for UC's offensive rebounding game. Something that I did not originally look at when comparing these teams.

Harvard reminds me a lot of Houston, actually, at least on offense with 4-5 guys that average double digit points, a lot of offensive options. The key is going to come down (for UC) rebounding and defense. I think they have a huge advantage here against a nuetral to smaller Harvard team. UC will struggle on offense as it usually does, but offensive rebounding can/will negate a lot of misses and wear down Harvard.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just goes to show you how often the "experts" even pay attention:

Digger on UC: What UC can do is score. What they can't do is rebound"

:L If that isn't a complete and total fail on his part....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he meant the opposite, because that's exactly what it is. They can rebound and defend and struggle to score at times. Harvard could get hot and to pick the upset Harvard will have to get hot from deep.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are hoping for a lot then. Nex Mexico has to beat Kansas and UK has to beat WSU.

If Kansas gets Embiid back, I'd probably take them. Without him, that game is a tossup. And UK has been playing well lately, only lost to the best team in the country by one point. They're better than any team WSU has seen since Louisville last year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kansas gets Embiid back, I'd probably take them. Without him, that game is a tossup. And UK has been playing well lately, only lost to the best team in the country by one point. They're better than any team WSU has seen since Louisville last year.

Kansas is a hard team to predict this yr. They are just another team without Embiid. They get him back and that completely changes.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Digger lives in his own little world. I couldn't have been happier when he said Ok St would beat Arizona. It means they have no shot. I told my friend who is a big gambler that he should go put $1K on Arizona vs. Ok st if it happens because of what Digger said and he agreed and will do it hahaha

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digger lives in his own little world. I couldn't have been happier when he said Ok St would beat Arizona. It means they have no shot. I told my friend who is a big gambler that he should go put $1K on Arizona vs. Ok st if it happens because of what Digger said and he agreed and will do it hahaha

Yeah, would love to be in Vegas laying some money on these games.

I have been out there for the past 4 years for some part of March Madness, and this is the first time in 4 years I'm not going to be out there...killing me...lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing that sucks is in one of my pools they lock your picks for the whole tourney. So it is basically a guessing game for Kansas.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a wide open tournament. There are no world beaters. WSU hasn't played the tough games, Florida is not very big on the baseline. No team in the B1G seperated from the pack. Teams like SU playing sporadic. VA played great, but ACC is down. UK is immature. UC and Creighton are largly one player. Some with no offense, some with no D. KU and AZ are w/o key players.

One of the teams playing tonight could go deep.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bold prediction (which I don't think is that bold, but goes against the vast majority):

Neither Mich St nor Louisville make the Elite 8.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor knocks off Creighton.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going chalk for the first round games involving seeds 1-4. The way I see it, a 16-seed has never won, 15-seeds winning is very rare, and this year's 3's and 4's are a solid group. Especially the 4 seeds... you've got two teams (Louisville and MSU) that are top 10 in BPI and top 11 in the AP poll seeded #4 this year.

Anyone disagree?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going chalk for the first round games involving seeds 1-4. The way I see it, a 16-seed has never won, 15-seeds winning is very rare, and this year's 3's and 4's are a solid group. Especially the 4 seeds... you've got two teams (Louisville and MSU) that are top 10 in BPI and top 11 in the AP poll seeded #4 this year.

Anyone disagree?

Not at all, I like Louisville and MSU to make the final 4. For me the only competitive game for Louisville will be Michigan. MSU is just a complete team and will be tough for anybody.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that sucks is in one of my pools they lock your picks for the whole tourney. So it is basically a guessing game for Kansas.

What? Isn't that how every pool is?