• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Ryan Retires

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he didn't want to retire this Spring because he wanted Greg Gard to spend more time with his dying Father. But, of course, to the jealous Bo-haters he is "selfish" because he quit on his basketball team (who, by the way, all want Gard to be hired).

You guys are shameful.
Bo is one of the all-time great college coaches and will be in the basketball HOF.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issue is he is not a man. He proved that when he complained like the bitch he is after the title game last year
You are not a man as evidenced by the putrid rambling comments you make on SportsHoopla.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he didn't want to retire this Spring because he wanted Greg Gard to spend more time with his dying Father. But, of course, to the jealous Bo-haters he is "selfish" because he quit on his basketball team (who, by the way, all want Gard to be hired).

You guys are shameful.
It's more like most of these folks posting here have no idea why he retired, it's more uneducated than shameful but I get where you're coming from. Bo Ryan has been nothing but great for the University of Wisconsin Madison and that's coming from a lifetime Marquette Golden Eagles fan. Hat's off to Bo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G n G doing what he does best...........trolling.

:lol:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo always seemed like a class act, this was surprising. The first thing I thought of was health issues.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were 11-1 instead of 7-5, I doubt he would think it is the right time to retire

Again, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. He wanted to retire at the end of last year, but they wouldn't guarantee Gard the job. He is playing chicken with the administration, and this was obviously his plan all along. Many people (including myself) expected him to retire mid season for that exact reason.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Smart nailed it. Reports are that Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez was not particularly interested in promoting from within. Ryans retirement guarantees his assistant a long term job interview

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were 11-1 instead of 7-5, I doubt he would think it is the right time to retire
He wanted to retire after last season. You know very little about that situation.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan's a helluva coach. Looks like he has his reasons to retire. Wish him the best.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he really set his assistant up to succeed with this team, what a good guy. :rolleyes:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. He wanted to retire at the end of last year, but they wouldn't guarantee Gard the job. He is playing chicken with the administration, and this was obviously his plan all along. Many people (including myself) expected him to retire mid season for that exact reason.

So he puts his buddy up above what might be best for the university? Yeah, real classy move there. Please. It's selfish. If the administration doesn't think Gard is the man for the job, then he's not the guy. Why is it ok for Bo Ryan to hold the program hostage just to get his way? It's a dick move. He's been a great coach but its still a dick move. And its not even a smart one. He's doing his guy no favors because A) He's asking him to impress with a subpar roster and B) He's asking him to recruit in a situation where no one knows for sure if he's the guy longterm.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, no mo fo bo?

good, innovative coach will be hall-o-famed for developing a highly-distractive, aggravating system of playing at the speed of smell.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got no problem with it, but it's a ballsy move to turn over the reigns just before conference play begins. I get why he did it though.

I just disagree with current coaches playing games with administrations and forcing their hands for their "staff." The only people that are in jeopardy of being harmed, are the kids.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with it, but it's a ballsy move to turn over the reigns just before conference play begins. I get why he did it though.

I just disagree with current coaches playing games with administrations and forcing their hands for their "staff." The only people that are in jeopardy of being harmed, are the kids.

I guess I should say that I understand it... Loyalty en sech.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he puts his buddy up above what might be best for the university? Yeah, real classy move there. Please. It's selfish. If the administration doesn't think Gard is the man for the job, then he's not the guy. Why is it ok for Bo Ryan to hold the program hostage just to get his way? It's a dick move. He's been a great coach but its still a dick move. And its not even a smart one. He's doing his guy no favors because A) He's asking him to impress with a subpar roster and B) He's asking him to recruit in a situation where no one knows for sure if he's the guy longterm.

I think Bo believes that Gard is the best option for the university and he believes Gard can turn this season around. I do think it's a bit control freakish. And if I thought Bo didn't earn that right, I might be frustrated. But Bo has absolutely earned that right with what he's been able to do.

As for recruiting, it's sort of moot. We have no Seniors on the roster this year. Those who are waiting on the full-time decision will still have a year to figure it out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bo believes that Gard is the best option for the university and he believes Gard can turn this season around. I do think it's a bit control freakish. And if I thought Bo didn't earn that right, I might be frustrated. But Bo has absolutely earned that right with what he's been able to do.

As for recruiting, it's sort of moot. We have no Seniors on the roster this year. Those who are waiting on the full-time decision will still have a year to figure it out.

But if he believes Gard is the best guy for the job, why not just champion for him harder? Doing it this way just puts a target on his bud's back because Barry Alveraz doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that likes being told what to do. Part of me can see him not hiring Gard purely out of spite even if Gard turns things around. Bo may have earned the right in the minds of Wisconsin's fans but it doesn't mean its a good move to exercise that right. I think its a bad look all around

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badger fans were lucky to have him at the helm for so long

He will be missed.