• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we don't forget...........

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh In EVERY aspect of the game except recruiting.

After 5 full seasons.........

Pelini:...... 48 wins
Harbaugh: 47 wins

Pelini:...... (2-3) in bowls
Harbaugh: (1-4) in bowls

Pelini:..... Had no less than 9 wins/season
Habaugh: Has an 8 win season in 2017

Pelini:...... Two outright Division Championships.
Harbaugh: Zero outright Division Championships.

Recruiting Rankings (per 247)

Harbaugh Average (12th)

2016: 8th
2017: 5th
2018: 22nd
2019: 8th

Pelini Average (26th)

2011: 16th
2012: 32nd
2013: 22nd
2014: 35th

Yeah but Pelini never coached or played in the NFL. Or had creepy recruiting sleepovers. Advantage- Jim mutha fuckin' Harbaugh.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 11-3 Penn State team was broken? They held a Penn State team that averaged 37.6 points and 6.6 yards per play to just 10 points and 3.5 yards per play. They held Barkley to just 3.9 YPC on 15 carries (and 33 of his 59 yards came on one run)
So was this years Michigan team that barely snuck by Army playing exactly the same as when they demolished Notre Dame or did they get better throughout the year?

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 11-3 Penn State team was broken? They held a Penn State team that averaged 37.6 points and 6.6 yards per play to just 10 points and 3.5 yards per play. They held Barkley to just 3.9 YPC on 15 carries (and 33 of his 59 yards came on one run)
Do you mean the game where several players were injured and the same squad that lost to Pitt? Would've loved to see Michigan play a similar PSU squad, wait they did, they got blown the hell out in 2017.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM is in the same boat. But they have a world class education to sell recruits on. Today’s football is LIGHTYEARS different from the time Nebraska was good and they were running the wishbone. Now it is about spread offenses and throwing it 30-40 times a game.

Nebraska NEVER ran the wishbone, you flaming idiot.

BTW..... Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the argument is that one out of ever two years the West produces a team that's the 2nd best in the conference, the overall strength isn't even a question. This is the first time since 2015 that the West finished with 3 ranked teams. The East has done it every single year of it's existence, except for the very 1st year in 2014. But even that year the West only produced a single ranked team. The West has produced 4 top 10 teams in it's existence, the East has produced 10. So surviving the East is dramatically harder than in the West; as illustrated by 8 win NW winning it last year.

You'd do yourself justice if you forgot all about rankings, except the CFP rankings the committee does, they're poison. You see, all of Michigan's nattys were from a time when you got them from beauty pageant judges, and those days are all over. While you played the regular season games and a bowl game to end it, you didn't really get a chance to see the top 10 or 12 teams play each other. Now that we have conference championship games and a 4 game playoff, it actually gets decided on the field.

Now if you're being completely honest with yourself, Michigan has not proven that they could be in that top 12 or so teams since the playoffs started, can you?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska NEVER ran the wishbone, you flaming idiot.

BTW..... Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

Whatever you’d like to call — I Option, it was ripped off from the wishbone concepts at Oklahoma.

Doesn’t change the fact — It is a COMPLETELY different landscape in CFB and completely different in recruiting.

Any Nebraska fan thinking they will one day be a dominant team in CFB again is kidding themselves. The program’s savior has 9 wins in two years and the program hasn’t even been to a bowl game in the past 3 seasons.

As I said already — Nebraska fans will be begging for Bo Pelini to bring back 9 wins a year pretty soon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you’d like to call — I Option, it was ripped off from the wishbone concepts at Oklahoma.

Doesn’t change the fact — It is a COMPLETELY different landscape in CFB and completely different in recruiting.

Any Nebraska fan thinking they will one day be a dominant team in CFB again is kidding themselves. The program’s savior has 9 wins in two years and the program hasn’t even been to a bowl game in the past 3 seasons.

As I said already — Nebraska fans will be begging for Bo Pelini to bring back 9 wins a year pretty soon.

Since you have no argument, I assume you agree that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you have no argument, I assume you agree that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

So is Bo Pelini twice the coach that Scott Frost is? Pelini won 9 a year. Frost takes 2 years to win 9 games.

Imagine if Pelini cried that their schedule was too hard, like Frost, maybe he could have won 10.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Bo Pelini twice the coach that Scott Frost is? Pelini won 9 a year. Frost takes 2 years to win 9 games.

Imagine if Pelini cried that their schedule was too hard, like Frost, maybe he could have won 10.

Remember when you said JH helped the Raiders beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl? Even though T.B. blasted Oakland in that game. Or that he was a 1st team All American in '86? Making Testaverde the only Heisman winner not to get 1st team honors? You & your pal mNb09 are one overly homeristic dynamic duo.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine if Michigan cried that had to play every year, oh wait, they already do.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only know that after 5 full seasons, Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh. I had them pretty much equal other than Pelini having outright Division titles and Harbaugh having zero. However, after this season's (9-4) finish and (1-4) bowl record, Pelini clearly took the lead. Pelini also did more with less in the recruiting category.

I will make judgement on Frost after he's had a few seasons to get his culture and players in.
The thing I can say about Frost is that he has an outright division title, a conference title, and a NY6 bowl win. He's shown he is capable. Stuff Harbaugh can only dream of accomplishing.

Talking about Frost does not negate the fact that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans continue to sink to new lows every year...it's amazing

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Michigan cried that had to play every year, oh wait, they already do.

We don’t really cry now. It is really only OSU and PSU in our division now that MSU is back to normal.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they had to play Ohio State every year.

Nothing to cry about — OSU is on a different level than UM and every other team in the B1G. It is up to everyone else to catch up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to cry about — OSU is on a different level than UM and every other team in the B1G. It is up to everyone else to catch up.

You have plenty to cry about. Just look at JH's greats hits since returning to ann arbor. Specifially his record vs. ranked teams. His record on the road as an underdog. His bowl record. His record vs. Ohio State. The fact he's the only coach in UofM history to start 0-5 vs. the Buckeyes. Only coach to give up 55+ in back to back games vs. the Buckeyes. And he's the only coach in UofM history to lose back to back bowl games by double digits.

Now see what I did there? Not even talking any shit. Just mentioning what the #'s really are. But I wouldn't be surprised if you ignore them & just keep blathering on & on.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only know that after 5 full seasons, Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh. I had them pretty much equal other than Pelini having outright Division titles and Harbaugh having zero. However, after this season's (9-4) finish and (1-4) bowl record, Pelini clearly took the lead. Pelini also did more with less in the recruiting category.

I will make judgement on Frost after he's had a few seasons to get his culture and players in.
The thing I can say about Frost is that he has an outright division title, a conference title, and a NY6 bowl win. He's shown he is capable. Stuff Harbaugh can only dream of accomplishing.

I agree it doesn’t negate anything — I just get a laugh that team who has a coach that has won 9 games TOTAL is talking trash about anyone.

It is almost as funny as the same school thinking they will be a national contender in today’s CFB.

And FYI — You need to come up with new parameters. Harbaugh won two conference championships at SD. And he won a NY6 game at Stanford.

But hey — keep hanging that hat on Frost and that 9-17 record.

Bo Pelini 2x >>> Scott Frost

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another thing Harbaugh can only dream of is being undefeated in bowl games as a B1G coach, like Frost.

Im sure recruits are lining up so they can get an extra month of football off at Nebraska during bowl season.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya just gotta love a B1G feud!

And you just have to give most B1G fans credit for not :nutswing:like others we know.