• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Pelini Fired

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Bop, for the wins we can't remember and the losses that give us nightmares.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe I am dreaming right now but I would love to have Jerry Patterson as the head coach Scott frost as the offensive coordinator

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this uneasy feeling that South Park is somehow going to spoof us on this one

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Carrie Patterson his aunt. She makes a great tuna noodle casserole

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better have a home run in place. They better have this whole fucking thing figured out because if we have to do a coaching search. SE and pearlman should be beat with a broom handle.

None of us knew this was coming??
-------
I think the "rehiring" of Epley was telling. So, I'm not too sure people didn't see it coming. I just didn't think Eichorst really had the balls to do it:yahoo:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the reason I like TCU.
-------
He (Patterson) has said in the past he would listen to all offers. He may be comfortable staying at TCU but in all fairness cannot see that school ever winning any NC---period.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory chose to declare for the NFL on this day, and on facebook

Randy Gregory
19 mins ·
Well.... Guess you know what this means

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart move by Gregory he is injury prone and so we might as well try to get paid while you can

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carriker has some nice words

"The level of expectation when I was growing up & when I first arrived at Nebraska are completely different than they are now for the team. I had a few conversations while I was in DC with a recent former Husker (who I won't name) & he bragged to me more than a few times about how he won 9 games while he was there & he played for a conference title. Don't get me wrong, those accomplishments as a college football player are nothing to sneeze at, but I did the same exact thing & I was mad about it at the time & it still makes me angry to this day that the most amount of wins I achieved in a season at Nebraska was actually 10 & I never won a championship."

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAdamCarriker/posts/997116856970554

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article by Carriker.

So I've been working on a house every weekend in missouri valley iowa for the past 3 months and haven't been able to watch a single game live. I had to DVR them and watch em later (which I really hate).

Well, I stopped recording the games after the Purdue game because I just knew what was coming; another damn embarrassment of a game somewhere, and because frankly my husker "passion" was just worn out. I decided that it just wasn't worth it until changes were made in the staff - which at the time I was afraid could have been forever. I felt pretty guilty about it too, but I just couldn't do it.

I was done withe Bo after last year's audiogate. My opinion wasn't going to change. I don't know why I even recorded the first several games. Even now I felt like a piss-poor fan for even feeling that way.

Then today I got what I wanted - Bo's gone. I feel bad for him and elated all at the same time. I'm actually surprised though because I thought that the Iowa win meant more "bogatory" and that nothing would change.

Here's to the next era of Nebraska Conhusker Football - I can't wait.

GBR

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another snipet:
Another recent Husker took to social media & vented his anger about Bo's firing. One of his statements said "Since they wanna fire Bo, ima be one of those unrealistic fans who wants to be playing for a national championship every year." My response when I read it was, yes! Exactly! Thank you!
I can't decided if he took the tweet seriously, it sure seemed sarcastic to me. But I completely agree with Carriker, this team just isn't pissed enough that they lost and that's a mindset Bo has engrained in the program and it needs to stop.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Phillip Dillard. He said the same thing on FB.

ETA: He does not like Nebraska fans at all, and laughs at them most of the time.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
More of US vs. THEM sound bites, unfortunately we've got 7 years of this culture to try and turn around as a fan base and with some of the asshat's out there responding the way they do, it's going too be difficult to break that mold.