• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleacher Report Simulated the Season

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

This is year 2 with the new offensive and defensive coordinators. And equally significant, KF has shuffled his coaching staff again after last season. (If you've paid attention to coaches from years past, this same pattern has happened before the head coach is fired. I'm not saying that KF will be fired IF this season is another disaster. The only reorganization left to take is to replace the entire coaching staff.) Having said all of that, year 2 with new offensive and defensive coordinators is upon us. What good will happen on offense? Can't say at this point because we having nothing to base our analysis off of. Last year we say dink-and-dump passes in the flats to TEs that didn't go for much. Last year, the WRs were way behind and JVB couldn't do anything. In my opinion, our WRing corps hasn't been upgraded to the level that Greg Davis had while at Texas (Iowa will never have that kind of skill that Davis had at Texas) so it will be interesting to see how good of a coach Davis is with subpar WRs. The running game at Iowa has experienced far too many injuries - and that is really too bad because Iowa has had some really strong offensive lines over the years. Defensively, not much has changed with Parker at the helm. I believe Parker called more blitzes last year, but the end result wasn't good for the defense. Iowa seems to be the only school in the country that will send one DB off the corner to the QB, and he never gets to the QB for the sack. Mike Meyer is an excellent PAT and FG kicker for Iowa. I don't feel that KF takes advantage of this weapon. In my opinion, the only Kicker that KF gamed for was Nate Kaeding. So, what does this team produce this year? We'll find out soon enough. Iowa's offense has to produce, as well as keep the defense off the field. Iowa's defense has to get off the field before becoming fatigued early in the season. All special teams units need to improve much more to compliment the offense and defense. This comes down to basic coaching and the entire coaching staff. KF calls all the shots, and of late, he has been wrong.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

That is the best that you came back with! Wow!! It is evident that my post resonated with you. We've also covered the coaching aspect when we posted on the CBSSports message board. No need to rehash that - again - here.

- Coaching errors continue
- Bad play calling on offense, defense, and special teams
- When that all happens with inferior talent, the losses will mount.

Here's hoping this years team turns the corner and wins the games on the schedule!!! KF has done it before!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these little emoticons are going to be my response to Hoops from now on...it's not really that I don't like him, it's just that despite what he says, he does not come across as a Hawkeye fan in reality, sorry Hoops, you just don't...I have no problem discussing strategy and techniques and alignments and such, but you never ever ever ever ever ever seem to have one good thing to say or even a yeah Iowa is going to kill this year...even if you think it is not going to happen, show your hope!

If you can't do that, please cross the line to being a Clone fan and go to their boards...talk about how Iowa coaching sucks and all that over there, you are driving us nutso

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um Boston fan, you on the wrong board? Go Red Sox though, damn Tampa is winning again tonight already, hate that team and Joe Madden

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Hawkeye: go Hawks!!! Here's to winning all of the games on your schedule this year. You can do it!!!

Was that positive enough for you?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

Barta locked up KF for a long time for a lot of cash. As a coach, that is great for KF!! His agent did a masterful job in securing that kind of a contract!!!

Go Hawks!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I see, Bostonfan was asking about the simulation for Michigan...misread it...my fault

better Hoops, much better, keep it going