• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blazers beat up Spurs in San Antonio

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things you need for a CHAMPIONSHIP run:

1) transcendent superstar wing player (SG or SF) who can score/handle the ball/get to the line
2) Dominant Low post player who can take over when jumpers don't fall
3) smothering team defense

No team has won a title without at least ONE of the three things. Most title teams have 2 or 3.

Portland has none of the ingredients.

I really like them, but they just don't have anything resembling a championship formula.
I would just go as far as to say that their defense sucks. They are a great team that does a lot of what needs to be done but at some point you have to get stops.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things you need for a CHAMPIONSHIP run:

1) transcendent superstar wing player (SG or SF) who can score/handle the ball/get to the line
2) Dominant Low post player who can take over when jumpers don't fall
3) smothering team defense

No team has won a title without at least ONE of the three things. Most title teams have 2 or 3.

Portland has none of the ingredients.i

I really like them, but they just don't have anything resembling a championship formula.

Lilliard and I think aldridge are there eat players and in my min aldridge is pretty close to a superstar

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland problem in the playoffs is they have no inside scorers and they have a poor defense but to their advantage, they have one of the best offensive teams in the league. If they get the right 2nd round matchup, they end up in the WCF

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I am not trying to bash Portland. I have nothing against them...but....

Has a team ever won a title with a defense outside the top 10 in the last decade or so?

I don't remember anyone winning an NBA title with even an average defense lately.

MAybe the 2006 Miami Heat were average....but they had a superstar wing and a true post game

Portland is currently the 26th ranked defense out of 30 teams.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I am not trying to bash Portland. I have nothing against them...but....

Has a team ever won a title with a defense outside the top 10 in the last decade or so?

I don't remember anyone winning an NBA title with even an average defense lately.

MAybe the 2006 Miami Heat were average....but they had a superstar wing and a true post game

Portland is currently the 26th ranked defense out of 30 teams.

They are Kinda like the don Nelson warriors really a joy to watch in the season and won a lot of games but not going far in the playoffs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are Kinda like the don Nelson warriors really a joy to watch in the season and won a lot of games but not going far in the playoffs

The difference with them and the Don Nelson warriors is the Warriors were never a 1-3 seed which Portland will most likely be. Much harder to do anything in the playoffs when you're a 8 seed