• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Barnett Transferring from Alabama

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single one of those schools has produced higher picks and more NFL success than anyone Saban has coached at QB. Why is this hard to accept? The guy has developed starters at every other position in the NFL but not at QB. That period point blank fact. Sorry if that makes people upset but it's reality.

It's not upsetting anyone, you're answers just don't have shit to do with why a 5 star would or would not want to go to a school.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not upsetting anyone, you're answers just don't have shit to do with why a 5 star would or would not want to go to a school.
Because 5 stars want to play in the NFL and Saban has never, at any school he's ever coached at, developed even a megiocre NFL starting QB?? Seems pretty obvious. It's not even really debatable and the fact you're trying to debate it is dumb. If you play any other position then Bama is a great choice but winning nattys without developing QBS into next level guys ( ever ) doesn't make you a good choice for 5 star HD QBS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 5 stars want to play in the NFL and Saban has never, at any school he's ever coached at, developed even a megiocre NFL starting QB?? Seems pretty obvious. It's not even really debatable and the fact you're trying to debate it is dumb. If you play any other position then Bama is a great choice but winning nattys without developing QBS into next level guys ( ever ) doesn't make you a good choice for 5 star HD QBS.

:L

NFL quarterbacks being successful is pretty random and is extremely limited in comparison to other positions. This is college football, and what works well in college isn't always what works best in the NFL.

Do you think Phillip Fulmer was some great QB developer because he coached Peyton Manning? Or is that maybe he just happened to have such a QB and Peyton was just Peyton the entire time?

Hell, Steve Spurrier was pretty well known to do pretty well with QB's, and I don't see a big list of successful NFL QB's that he coached.

I think you may be the world's worst person at understanding correlation doesn't imply causation.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My simpleton thoughts.

Blake met with Saban and said he wanted to transfer. Saban said, "We would certainly enjoy the open scholarship, good luck young man.".

Probably requested he be sent to LSU.

Yet another 5* bust.

bamafan

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be wrong but isn't Saban a defensive coach not a q.b. coach? So how would he responsible for the development of said q.b. other than being the head coach.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single one of those schools has produced higher picks and more NFL success than anyone Saban has coached at QB. Why is this hard to accept? The guy has developed starters at every other position in the NFL but not at QB. That period point blank fact. Sorry if that makes people upset but it's reality.

Stanford has produced Andrew Luck
Oregon has produced one of the biggest nfl draft busts and Mariotta
Michigan hasn't produced a QB since Tom Brady
Michigan State has produced a bunch of back ups and Kirk Cousins
Wisconsin has produced a bunch of back ups and a rent a player
Oklahoma has produced Sam Bradford
TCU has produced Andy Dalton
Mizzou is laughable - career back up and a huge bust

I'll give you USC, but that was under Carroll, they haven't produced anything since
FSU is the best school at producing QB's, I'll give you that.

My point is outside of FSU and USC under Carroll there aren't a lot of better options like you suggested. Which is why your list is laughable. I mean hell every top QB should go to North Dakota State right?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why the hell does he have schools like Wisconsin(not counting rent a players), Missouri and Va. Tech mentioned? Or Michigan? They haven't produced a good QB since Tom Brady and the coach that "developed" him hasn't been there for 8 years.

There aren't a lot of better options out there. Outside of FSU there really isn't a QB factory right into the NFL.

Like I said earlier his list is a joke.

I'm guessing he listed Michigan because of Harbaugh. The rest, he'd have to answer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be wrong but isn't Saban a defensive coach not a q.b. coach? So how would he responsible for the development of said q.b. other than being the head coach.

4down20 has said on here a few times. Saban grew up as a QB and he is person responsible for hiring whoever is handling the QB's if he has no say so.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AJ could start at numerous teams in the NFL.

But you're talking about 32 teams, so how many colleges have numerous starting QB's? Is there any college that has more than 1 QB as starter?

USC is the only one that comes to mind

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What current coaches actually have a long history of producing QBs? No coach or school really has that distinction. It's pretty rare that you have 2-3 starters at the same time in the NFL from the same school.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has produced Andrew Luck
Oregon has produced one of the biggest nfl draft busts and Mariotta
Michigan hasn't produced a QB since Tom Brady
Michigan State has produced a bunch of back ups and Kirk Cousins
Wisconsin has produced a bunch of back ups and a rent a player
Oklahoma has produced a huge bust
TCU has produced Andy Dalton
Mizzou is laughable - career back up and a huge bust

I'll give you USC, but that was under Carroll, they haven't produced anything since
FSU is the best school at producing QB's, I'll give you that.

My point is outside of FSU and USC under Carroll there aren't a lot of better options like you suggested. Which is why your list is laughable. I mean hell every top QB should go to North Dakota State right?
FIFY

And how is FSU the best school at producing QBs? I see they have Jameis (still not a finished product) and two colossal busts in Ponder and Manuel that never would've even been taken remotely as high as they were if not for the premium on the position. Hell I'd say michigan is better than FSU. Harbaugh, Griese, and Henne all had better careers than Ponder and Manuel, and obviously Brady is in another galaxy compared to Winston at this point.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami and USC are the two that stand out to me.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

And how is FSU the best school at producing QBs? I see they have Jameis (still not a finished product) and two colossal busts in Ponder and Manuel that never would've even been taken remotely as high as they were if not for the premium on the position. Hell I'd say michigan is better than FSU. Harbaugh, Griese, and Henne all had better careers than Ponder and Manuel, and obviously Brady is in another galaxy compared to Winston at this point.

I was speaking in regards to the last 5/6 years or so. FSU has produced 3 first rounders since 2011, the first two haven't done shit, but FSU still "developed" them to get to that point.

Again here is the list of coaches that have "developed" elite QB's in the NFL:

Gene Chizik
Lloyd Carr
Joe Tiller
Jeff Tedford
Terry Hoeppner
Tom O'Brien/Bret Bielema
David Cutcliffe(maybe)
Jim Harbaugh/David Shaw(maybe)

My point is there are no current head coaches that have "developed" elite QB's at the NFL level. Maybe Cutcliffe w/Eli, but he's at Duke, and hasn't "developed" anything there. And Harbaugh/Shaw w/Luck. But Shaw hasn't "developed" anybody since then.

FSU under Jimbo seems to be the best bet to at least get to the NFL as a highly regarded prospect.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking in regards to the last 5/6 years or so. FSU has produced 3 first rounders since 2011, the first two haven't done shit, but FSU still "developed" them to get to that point.

Again here is the list of coaches that have "developed" elite QB's in the NFL:

Gene Chizik
Lloyd Carr
Joe Tiller
Jeff Tedford
Terry Hoeppner
Tom O'Brien/Bret Bielema
David Cutcliffe(maybe)
Jim Harbaugh/David Shaw(maybe)

My point is there are no current head coaches that have "developed" elite QB's at the NFL level. Maybe Cutcliffe w/Eli, but he's at Duke, and hasn't "developed" anything there. And Harbaugh/Shaw w/Luck. But Shaw hasn't "developed" anybody since then.

FSU under Jimbo seems to be the best bet to at least get to the NFL as a highly regarded prospect.
Ok that's fair. When you were talking about developing them, I thought you meant actually developing them into good NFL QBs. He has admittedly put them in the right place, though to be fair he only spent one year with Christian Ponder. I don't know that anyone thought EJ Manuel was worthy of a 1st round pick. I still scratch my head on that one. He was never even that great of a QB in college.