• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2015-2016 Season Thread

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how they can fit his 4.5 million here unless someone goes on LTIR.
The Hawks have spoken with Winnipeg about Andrew Ladd (price too high for a rental)
Remember, they brought in Versteeg and had Florida pay half in that deal. A similar deal with a "pricey" rental is not out of the question to me. Not sure Ladd is the answer tho.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hossa put on IR sunday, hinistroza recalled. might be the space to make the bigger move, looked pretty bad, figure he would be ready for the playoffs.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some additional alleged rumors:

HIGH POSSIBILITY

TORONTO:

"This one is a possibility."

Toronto might be willing to take on Bryan Bickell's contract (I also heard this from Leaf blogger Mike Augello, and there has been Leaf scouting in presence in Rockford of late.)

The Leafs might be willing to take Bickell along with a prospect (like Ryan Hartman, who the Leafs really like) and a mid round pick, in exchange for Colin Greening and Leafs prospect Stuart Percy. The Leafs really like Hartman. The hawks would likely buy Greening out next season.

"Keep an eye on Toronto."

EDMONTON:

As a I reported here a year or two ago, when he was with Tampa, winger Teddy Purcell has been someone the Hawks have liked for awhile. He is a pending UFA.

"High probability for the right price. Talks ongoing."

WINNIPEG:

Andrew Ladd, Ben Chiarot. Hawks are in the mix. "Ladd makes sense on SO many levels. However, Winnipeg still would like to re-sign Ladd and their asking price in trade is still high, but negotiations continue. The Hawks will face fierce competition from LA, and others. This is a case where "Stan might be willing to pay more, since Ladd knows Q's system and would fit Chicago like a glove."

GOOD POSSIBILITY

PHILADELPHIA:

"Here is one of the surprises: The Hawks asked about Brayden Schenn." Schenn was UNAVAILABLE. Also, Michael Raffl and D Evgeni Medvedev. Medvedev is very intriguing. He is a pending UFA, a big and mobile defenseman who is also a very good friend of Artemi Panarin. Talks are ongoing. "Good probability."

ARIZONA:

As first reported here many weeks ago, the Hawks are targeting Mikkel Boedker, but I also heard the name of defenseman Nicklas Grossmann. "It finally appears that Phoenix has begun truly shopping Boedker, and Hawks are very interested."

CAROLINA:

The Hawks have asked about Viktor Rask and Ron Hainsey. The Hawks have not asked about Eric Staal—his contract doesn't work. Nor have they asked about Jeff Skinner at this time. Carolina wants to hold on to Rask, but Hainsey could be a real possibility.

MIDDLING POSSIBILITY

CALGARY:

Jiri Hudler, Kris Russell. Calgary is so far looking for too much in return. "Talks continue."

BUFFALO:

Jamie McGinn, Mike Weber. These two fit needs and both are pending UFAs. Buffalo hasn't moved much on these talks.

MONTREAL:

Jacob De La Rose, Greg Pateryn. "For those dreaming of Pacioretty, forget it." Hawks have almost daily communication with Marc Bergevin.

OTTAWA:

D Patrick Wiercoch. "Mid-level interest."

VANCOUVER:

D Matt Bartkowski. "UFA cost effective. Depth defenseman."

UNLIKELY BUT ALLEGEDLY HAS BEEN DISCUSSED

ISLANDERS:

Brian Strait. "Besides being a UFA, this one doesn't jive. Not likely."

NEW JERSEY:

John Moore, and David Schlemko. "Not likely"

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read one article that the Hawks would really love to stash scuderi in rockford til the playoffs. I really dont get that one, if Q does not think he fits now, why would he want him in the playoffs?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow great rivalry game. Pretty much summed up my love hate relationship with the hawks. Instant offense with Kane and Teuvo setting up goals, but then Yandle cheap shot Panarin after the empty netter and nobody stands up for the ROY who just scored his first career hat trick. Two goal lead, minute and a half left, and nobody puts Yandle in the second row with guys like Desjardins, Panik, Manshinter and Seabrook on the ice.

oh well, off to the wild outdoors on sunday.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Add the name of Thomas Fleischmann of Montreal to the list of hawk targets. Also, I heard this morning that the Hawks are hot in pursuit of Mikkel Boedker. Speaking to someone who makes their living scouting hockey players, the assessment of Boedker is a player whose situation in Arizona is and has been negatively affecting his play. But his skill package is off the charts, and he would excel playing with forwards like Marian Hossa and Jonathan Toews."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, go back to the arizona well, think they kinda owe us for Dahlbeck and Merckley and getting Vermette back.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.
Finally had time to sit down and watch a Hawks game. National audience. Outdoor game.
Hawks lay a big goose egg.
Nice.

They talked about the "alumni" game during the telecast, I wish they would have televised that.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.
Finally had time to sit down and watch a Hawks game. National audience. Outdoor game.
Hawks lay a big goose egg.
Nice.

They talked about the "alumni" game during the telecast, I wish they would have televised that.

they did, on nhl network, replayed it again yesterday morning on nhl network, check your listings.

Terrible game, but Torch has the wild playing well, 5-0 since showing up, first game with no practice.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from the rumor mill...

...the focus remains Arizona winger Mikkel Boedker, who a separate source told me yesterday afternoon the Hawks are getting “closer” on. Andrew Ladd is the other top target.

My source last night was also very specific that the Hawks are NOT the team reported on NBC Sports as having offered a first round pick for Ladd.

I also heard yesterday that the LA Kings have made a “sizable” offer for Ladd, but that it is “complicated.”

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read that JJ piece, was just about to post it lol

Dont know what happened with Kruger, last week they were saying was he was a week away.

Vinnie sent back to Rockford, no game for a while, might as well let him play. Did not make much of his latest chance, I was surprised he dressed for the outdoor game after that double minor that cost two power play goals.

Dont think they will really go with 12 forwards again with a chance of having to play a dman at forward yet again. You think the move is this close for Ladd or Boedker?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From other things I've read, it sounds like Boedker is definitely their #1 target with Ladd being more of a fall-back choice, but they might get priced out on Ladd. I expect them to definitely make a sizable move considering this team is clearly among the top 3 or 4 teams this year.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FALL BACK, Ladd returning for Dano, first round pick and conditional first round pick.

sounds like a load for a rental, Dano was supposed to make us forget about Saader.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The full deal is supposed to be Ladd, Matt Fraser and Jay Harrison for Marko Dano, a 2016 1st round and conditional 2018 3rd round pick (if the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup). The Jets retain 36% of Ladd's salary and cap hit for the rest of the season.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes more sense then. Think I remember a Matt Fraser on the bruins, dont know if its the same guy. I guess Pat Boyle said there was still 1.14 or 1.4 million left if another move is pending, but I would think Boedker is off unless a piece gets moved. Dont know what the deal with Bickell is, teams did not claim him and his salary off waivers, is stan asking too much? Are they gambling that the playoff Bickell of 2013 will be back in the playoffs?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors say they're still pursing a D-man.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we still have Pokka waiting in the weeds to keep a year of control for the D. I think Gustafson might have earned a trip back to Rockford last night. Scuderi, Bickell, Pokka, Dowell, McNEil all prepped to come up for the push seems like enough, but with Bowmans, we can never have enough.