• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2015-2016 Season Thread

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other teams are content throwing pucks on net, and having one or two players charge the slot. Pucks bounce off legs and sticks and the other teams get some ugly goals. Ugly goals still count as much as the highlight reel goals. Hawks need to do more of the same when they struggle in the passing game. Problem is, all five guys are along the boards and at the point and no one is going to the slot.
If you didn't see the shift at the end of period 1 vs the Wild when Shaw, Desjardins and Panik on the ice, they did exactly what I mentioned in my post above. They had 3 scoring chances on their one shift because they threw pucks at the net, created traffic in the crease, and forced the Wild D to chase them.

Instead of the typical cycling where the Hawks essentially let the opposing defense to position themselves in the middle while the Hawks pass it to each other along the boards without a shot on goal.

In my post I called out Darling. Result: He played great vs the Jets.
Maybe if I call out a few more players. i.e. Toews, Ladd, Seabrook, Keith, Teuvo. Teuvo, you especially. You're a shift away from being a healthy scratch IMO.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Anisimov. Get on the stick, buddy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first year I liked some of the moves, but Danault was playing hard every night, and was gone. Dano was the second third of all all dano line, Q did not like his play. These guys were playing great hockey and 5 new players came in, with Ladd, Weisz, Fleishmann, Panik playing every night during this skid.

Bowman might have gone a bit too far this time around.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is playing well, and there were at least two times the Stars had too many men and was not called. Its like Q is not able to get his matchups. Usually when it does happen some hawk shoots the puck toward the guy leaving the ice, but that isnt happening either. Panarin could probably use a few days off, the long season has gotten to his legs, but any line other than one with Kane and he looks lost. Still would like to see Teuvo centering Kane and Panarin, but that line mash up has not made the cut.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sveds back again, but sadly, it sure does not seem like its been the bottom three defense men that have really been giving pucks away lately.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not read the d pairings, but apparently Weisz filled in for Kane on the second line, Q wanted Kane to get three full days off, almost like an all star game break, Krueger was skating center on the fourth line with Shaw on a wing.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think the Hawks need some dirty goals. Especially since they have trouble scoring any.

All of that puck control is great, but it's frustrating to see them passing the puck for minute, only to see the play end without a quality shot, and then they regroup, or worse, give up a scoring chance the other way.

The Calgary game was classic of this. Calgary didn't allow any quality shots. Ladd's first goal - a busted passing play by the Flames - was a dirty goal. Shaw tipping in a shot, while the goalie lost his stick - dirty.

The game vs the Stars. Shaw's goal... another deflection - dirty goal. Panik's goal. A scramble behind the net, ending with him stuffing the puck by Lehtonen - dirty goal.

Just seems like hustle and determination are getting more goals than pretty passing. Q and the rest of the team need to realize that other teams are on to them. (As if this wasn't evident in the identical way that teams defend against the power play.)

Nice to see Kruger go in the crease too. Was nice to see him back.

Hawks should have made a statement game vs Calgary. To Calgary's credit, they kept the game close until the final 3 minutes when the Hawks got 2 empty netters. Disappointing that the Hawks didn't score 4 goals in the first 2 periods.

Now they have a chance to beat up on their nemesis Canucks. One point and we clinch a playoff spot.

They better dominate in this one and build some momentum.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at least happy to see Q change up 4 skaters for the short turn sunday game, but it jumbled up the lines and it took a period to get on the same page. Teuvo was really playing well between kane and panarin, took a great shot on a pass from kane, but more importantly, covered the point when the D man dropped down and made some nice defensive plays. Dont know where Q is going with the pairings, it was Keith and Seabs giving away pucks again, then one gets thru Sveds legs while he is tying up a stick and he is sitting again. Same with Erhoff, one mistake and 15 minutes on the bench

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Keith goes Ross Rhea again, wont be surprised if he is sitting the rest of the regular season, well, get him some well needed rest. Maybe get his game back again. The concussion term has be pinned to Crow, uh oh.

A well needed spark might be given by bringing up Ville Pokka now though, I am pretty sure his 37 rockford points could be used here if Keith gets suspended as expected. I am pretty sure his contract will still get them another year of control.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no word on Keith.
Hossa is sick.
Someone other than Shaw, Desjardins, and Ladd need to step up.
Saw that Crawford's "upper body" injury was a head injury. Sun-Times hinted that it may be vertigo like Bryan Bickell's. Not good. I don't see Darling carrying us. Especially with Keith out a while.
I don't care if they wait until round 1 to snap out of this funk, but they just better snap out of it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read that, or concussion, but then read that Crow will be available this weekend. Dont know if its a find out if he can go or if he is done.
I am surprised Ville has not gotten called up yet. This is the third Ross Rhea act by Keith. Its gonna be a long suspension. Get some continuity with Pokka already. I really dont think Keith was mad at getting pushed over like that, I think it was frustration that he is giving the puck away alot lately and the bottom 3 are getting blamed for the defense blowing.
Really want to see Kane get to 100 in the regular season. Hopefully a refreshed double A line will bring back some of the magic tonight.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 games for Keith. So essentially we lose him for 1 playoff game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a joke watching our second defensive pair, both hammer and TVR on their off side since Hammer cannot play the left side anymore. I love the guys guts blocking shots, but maybe he needs to learn to play right handed.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know AI, I thought Hammer was one of the lone bright spots on defense vs the Jets. And even tho Seabs got the GWG, he looked pretty bad to me during the 60 minutes. Don't think he checked anyone. Had trouble clearing the puck numerous times on his forehand. He redeemed himself.

The terrible play of the Hawks inspired me to look at our regular season finishes in the Cup championship seasons:

2010 - (1st) Tho they won 6 of their last 7 games, just prior they had lost 8 of 11 games.
2013 - (1st) Lost 3 of their last 5 games.
2015 - (3rd) Lost their last 4 games. And 7 of their last 12.

2016 - (3rd) So far have lost 13 of their last 22.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thumping last night, but Anisimov looked pretty hurt. Really did not like seeing Vermette getting the game misconduct when Anisimov stopped and put himself in that position, we know Vermette is not taking liberties with the guy that replaced him. He decided to go back to Arizona. But maybe with Panik and MAnshitter on the ice the officials were worried about retaliation. Clearly shows they do not know the hawks.

Anyway, looks like the plan is to get Crawford in net for the finale against Columbus, guess they see what kind of post season he might have.