• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bird>MJ

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those two years, Bird was a much more complete player than MJ.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vid quality is poor. But i loved this VHS tape... Had all the 80s greats videos with some 80s tunage.

And to think this was made with only 3 0r 4 years of Jordan highlights. WOW.

My favorite is when he drops Levington on his ass then dunks on Tree Rollins... WHo said " Id like to see Mikey come around the hoop when I am in the paint" The look MJ gives him!!!

ASSASSINS STARE!!! (2:15) WOW

[YOUTUBE]HlsvP4HJfnU&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird is 6-0 vs. MJ in the playoffs and I am the world's all-time biggest Bird/Celtics fan. At the end of the day, Larry Bird wasn't better than Michael Jordan though. He was a better rebounder, passer and long-range shooter. He was better at the free throw line. He was every bit the competitor Jordan was but he just could not score and defend like Michael Jordan. That's just facing facts. You put Larry Bird's brain in Lebron James body and you'd be talking undisputable GOAT. Word.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vid quality is poor. But i loved this VHS tape... Had all the 80s greats videos with some 80s tunage.

And to think this was made with only 3 0r 4 years of Jordan highlights. WOW.

My favorite is when he drops Levington on his ass then dunks on Tree Rollins... WHo said " Id like to see Mikey come around the hoop when I am in the paint" The look MJ gives him!!!

ASSASSINS STARE!!! (2:15) WOW

[YOUTUBE]HlsvP4HJfnU&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, that was a true 1-on-5 and Tree barely left the floor. I saw Manute about 5 times in those clips and he got rocked in every one of them. Also saw Mark Eaton sans beard.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird is 6-0 vs. MJ in the playoffs and I am the world's all-time biggest Bird/Celtics fan. At the end of the day, Larry Bird wasn't better than Michael Jordan though. He was a better rebounder, passer and long-range shooter. He was better at the free throw line. He was every bit the competitor Jordan was but he just could not score and defend like Michael Jordan. That's just facing facts. You put Larry Bird's brain in Lebron James body and you'd be talking undisputable GOAT. Word.

The only part I might disagree with is that he couldn't score like MJ. When Bird was on, no one who's ever touched a basketball was as determined and capable as him to score.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think an argument can be made for putting Bird above Magic...

1. Kareem

2. MJ/Magic/Bird
5. Russell

6. Wilt

Feel free to mix 2-5 however you like but I reward Kareem's longevity of dominance, and the greater impact of his position make him a hands down higher GOAT than the 2s IMO.