• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills fire GM

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's be honest, YOU agree with what THEY are saying.

Niners have stated that a total of 6 teams were vying to trade up for that No. 2 spot.

You have to believe at least one of those besides the Bears were going for Trubisky. No one will ever know if he would've fell to Chicago at 3.

All honestly I think that was a total smoke screen, maybe Houston, but they didn't blink twice moving up to get Watson, KC? Maybe but they would have waited for him to fall to the 10 spot, since they wouldn't have to pay the picks moving up into the top 5, and Cleveland I honestly feel they didn't want any of the top 3 QB's....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All honestly I think that was a total smoke screen, maybe Houston, but they didn't blink twice moving up to get Watson, KC? Maybe but they would have waited for him to fall to the 10 spot, since they wouldn't have to pay the picks moving up into the top 5, and Cleveland I honestly feel they didn't want any of the top 3 QB's....

I agree.....For Houston and KC to move from where they were, all the way to the #2 spot, would have cost them the type of package no team would surrender for a QB that was ranked anywhere from the best to the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft, depending on who you listened to

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cleveland thought that they could get Garrett and Trubisky and I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to trade up.

Oh, and I hope Carson Wentz shits his pants this year and then loses his right arm in a Grizzly bear attack while trying to wash his shit-stained pants in a creek.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland thought that they could get Garrett and Trubisky and I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to trade up.

Oh, and I hope Carson Wentz shits his pants this year and then loses his right arm in a Grizzly bear attack while trying to wash his shit-stained pants in a creek.
I dont think Cleveland would have paid the price it would have taken to move up from 12. Plus I'd bet SF would have taken much less from Chicago, because it means they still get their guy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Cleveland would have paid the price it would have taken to move up from 12. Plus I'd bet SF would have taken much less from Chicago, because it means they still get their guy.
Exactly.

I have not heard anything, but I assume Cleveland would have had to offer next years #1 on top of the 12 to get the 2. That, or something similar to the Reggie Bush trade (entire draft for 1 pick).

The Bears got it so "cheap" because it basically cost the Niners nothing outside of the opportunity to trade the pick elsewhere.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do NFL GM's do? Go ask that to everyone you know, and I'm willing to bet the top duties named by people are;
1. Hire Head Coach
2. Draft new players
3. Manage the salary cap with your own players and free agents.

Why in the fuck would you let a guy do all of those things in an off season AND THEN fire him?

If you're firing him it's because you don't trust him to either pick a HC (he just hired a new one) sign free agents and/or manage the cap (the biggest opening part of FA was left to him) and/or you don't trust him to draft new players (you just let him). If you do trust him to do all of those things, the rest of the job is so minor that you can probably throw it out the window and ignore it.

Plus now if you have a shitty season there's really nobody to blame/scapegoat. You already fired him. So what do you do, bomb the whole season and make no changes? That won't go over well. Fire the HC? Why wait, you already fired the guy who hired him. It will look incredibly stupid. On the other hand what if they win this year? What if the FA's they brought in make a splash, some or all of the draft picks out-perform their draft spot, and/or the HC looks good? You will look even dumber for hiring him.

I know perception isn't always reality, but sometimes you do have to consider how things look. And they just put themselves in a can't win situation for at least the next year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if he was still sitting there at #8 they might have moved up from #12.
Then again maybe just maybe they didn't believe in the top #3 as being above average starting QB ( they didn't want Wentz last year either)

As for your very negative comment about Wentz, that doesn't even deserve a come back, it was so hateful and negative.........

But this fall when the first game is on, and you go in and drop your morning poop, I hope toilet water splashes up and hits your over size Trubisky jersey hanging down and you don't notice until you get up to pull the jersey back down and you feel the dampness and I really hope you think of me doing this :heh:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if he was still sitting there at #8 they might have moved up from #12.
Then again maybe just maybe they didn't believe in the top #3 as being above average starting QB ( they didn't want Wentz last year either)

As for your very negative comment about Wentz, that doesn't even deserve a come back, it was so hateful and negative.........

But this fall when the first game is on, and you go in and drop your morning poop, I hope toilet water splashes up and hits your over size Trubisky jersey hanging down and you don't notice until you get up to pull the jersey back down and you feel the dampness and I really hope you think of me doing this :heh:

:laugh:

May Alshon Jeffrey's ACL be in a jar on his dresser by Week 4. :heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I have not heard anything, but I assume Cleveland would have had to offer next years #1 on top of the 12 to get the 2. That, or something similar to the Reggie Bush trade (entire draft for 1 pick).

The Bears got it so "cheap" because it basically cost the Niners nothing outside of the opportunity to trade the pick elsewhere.

To get from 12 to 2? You're talking more than the Eagles gave up last year, or at least in that neighborhood.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do NFL GM's do? Go ask that to everyone you know, and I'm willing to bet the top duties named by people are;
1. Hire Head Coach
2. Draft new players
3. Manage the salary cap with your own players and free agents.

Why in the fuck would you let a guy do all of those things in an off season AND THEN fire him?

If you're firing him it's because you don't trust him to either pick a HC (he just hired a new one) sign free agents and/or manage the cap (the biggest opening part of FA was left to him) and/or you don't trust him to draft new players (you just let him). If you do trust him to do all of those things, the rest of the job is so minor that you can probably throw it out the window and ignore it.

Plus now if you have a shitty season there's really nobody to blame/scapegoat. You already fired him. So what do you do, bomb the whole season and make no changes? That won't go over well. Fire the HC? Why wait, you already fired the guy who hired him. It will look incredibly stupid. On the other hand what if they win this year? What if the FA's they brought in make a splash, some or all of the draft picks out-perform their draft spot, and/or the HC looks good? You will look even dumber for hiring him.

I know perception isn't always reality, but sometimes you do have to consider how things look. And they just put themselves in a can't win situation for at least the next year.

Whaley had toxic relationships with every head coach. Why let that continue? The Bills newly hired head coach McDermott is going to get more rope than just one season, regardless of the outcome this year. McDermott had final say on all draft picks this year. This all came to a head during the free agency period, and it was too late to try to get another staff in place for the draft. Whaley's management of the cap lost 2 more players to the Patriots this season, neither of which McDermott wanted to let go. Whaley also wanted to dump Tyrod after signing him to that ridiculous extension last year. He was lucky to rework that deal, as Tyrod wanted to stay.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I start?
Continued losing
Rex Ryan
QB controversies
Chris Hogan
Stephon Gilmore
Mike Gillislee
This draft
last years draft

Feel free to stop me anytime

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaley had toxic relationships with every head coach. Why let that continue? The Bills newly hired head coach McDermott is going to get more rope than just one season, regardless of the outcome this year. McDermott had final say on all draft picks this year. This all came to a head during the free agency period, and it was too late to try to get another staff in place for the draft. Whaley's management of the cap lost 2 more players to the Patriots this season, neither of which McDermott wanted to let go. Whaley also wanted to dump Tyrod after signing him to that ridiculous extension last year. He was lucky to rework that deal, as Tyrod wanted to stay.
Some of this is complete nonsense.

The Bills lost Gilmore to FA because whoever signed him was going to (over)pay way more than the Bills were willing to offer.

The Bills lost Gillesee to FA because they didn't want to pay starter money to a backup.

McDermott had final say on the draft picks presumably because they had already decided to let Whaley go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of this is complete nonsense.

The Bills lost Gilmore to FA because whoever signed him was going to (over)pay way more than the Bills were willing to offer.

The Bills lost Gillesee to FA because they didn't want to pay starter money to a backup.

McDermott had final say on the draft picks presumably because they had already decided to let Whaley go.

Bills lost Gilmore because Whaley valued him less than McDermott did. Bills easily could've tagged and kept him, but didn't even make the effort. Personally, I wouldn't have kept him either, but it added to the rift between Whaley and McDermott.

Bills lost Gillislee because they tendered him with a 5th round pick. They could've tendered him with a 2nd round pick and still paid less than the Patriots ended up paying. No way would the Pats have given up a 2nd for him (and couldn't after the Ealy trade).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I start?
Continued losing
Rex Ryan
QB controversies
Chris Hogan
Stephon Gilmore
Mike Gillislee
This draft
last years draft

Feel free to stop me anytime

You could've stopped after Gillislee. Last year's and this year's drafts were fine. Unfortunately, their 1st and 2nd round picks last year got hurt in the preseason. His issues have been basically everything BUT the drafts.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was smart. Whaley was a horrible GM, got into it with coaches, and I believe was meeting with some players secretly. He also for some reason had a huge issue with Taylor, said that he thinks the NFL is a violent game and humans shouldn't play (lol what? Beliefs or not, YOU'RE THE GM OF A FUCKING NFL TEAM YOU TOOL) and has drafted questionably over the years while failing to retain any key talent. Time to move on from that train wreck. He was a huge distraction to the org and brought nothing good. He was also heavily involved in hiring Rex Ryan who has proven to be another distraction and fail to do anything significant in his career except beating Brady/Bill in the playoffs once.

Plus the guy just looks like a douche and appears he needs his ass kicked.

503264140-e1453481411828.jpg