• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BigXII Dead ???

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the hilltoppers won't have to travel so far to play conference games? :noidea:

I say we kick out the non-publics (Baylor, TCU), add BYU and add 7 east coast teams. Grab all the Florida teams not in a P5
(FAU, FIU, USF, UCF) and then dangle carrots to ACC/SEC teams doubtful any will bite, if not we grab Cincy, Temple and Memphis. That gives us TV in Mormon homes, Florida, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia.

WEST:
OU
OSU
texico
TX Tech
Kansas
K State
Iowa State
BYU

EAST:
WVU
FAU
FIU
USF
UCF
Cincy
Temple
Memphis

WVU gets to dominate the East and OU gets to dominate the West giving OU a solid path to the playoff each year. :happy:
Or bring Okie Lite and OU to the B1G and say Bye Felicia to the B12 get a bigger pay day :D

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the GOR get pushed down the road a few years if we add teams to the conference.???
We don't want that.
The end needs to get here sooner than later.
No, I don't think it does. Big12 deal is up in 2024-25, PAC same time and both are trying to catch up to the BIG and SEC as far as financially. My gut says Texas and OU don't want to be any other conferences noob and the PAC has a terrible disadvantage being so far out west as far as tv times ect.

JMO but I can see the Big12 making a move on some PAC schools around the end of the deals and those desired PAC schools being interested before each go to the BIG/SEC ect. but..... a lot can and does seem to be happening before now n then so, who knows:noidea:

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville-Isn't happening.
Houston-Why?
Cincy-Why?
BYU-Lots of issues.
Colorado State-Yes

My only question about the Florida schools is why both? One is fine. But why do we need both?

The reason to add both is that it increases the chance of each member getting to play at least one Florida school per year & playing in the state of Florida roughly once every two years or so.

Adding those or any other of the 782 schools that the Big12 had beating on the door last year means less TV money for each member.

We fall even further behind the SEC and BIG financially, that does not help the conference, it does the opposite of help. The better plan is to add some PAC schools (USC/UCLA) near the end of our current TV deals.

No way the B-12 is gonna snag any Pac-12 schools, unless it is Utah and/or Colorado, and that's only with a very good tv deal. The most likely adds will be from the AAC and possibly BYU. The Pac could try to raid the Big 12 again, but it's unlikely without a whole lot better tv contract.