• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BigXII Dead ???

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a projected 8-10M the first year per school and then 10-15M thereafter
FSU AD says ACC Network could bring up to additional $15 million in revenue to schools

Edit: Looks like it will launch in 2019. Does this mean we get Tim Tebow with our new network too?
I've seen that and I've seen some "experts" say that it will only bring about 2-4mm more per school. Either way its more money but I don't think anyone knows yet just how much for sure. I don't expect it to bring north of 10mm, especially the way ESPN is pinching pennies these days.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best move the B-12 could make to enhance its prospects at longevity would be to add UCF & USF in the next couple of years & do away with round-robin scheduling.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best move the B-12 could make to enhance its prospects at longevity would be to add UCF & USF in the next couple of years & do away with round-robin scheduling.

Man some of us have said this for years now. You wouldn't BELIEVE the outright STUPID arguments against this.

Idiots on this very board have told me the B12 would be better off going after Cincy, Louisville, Houston, BYU, Colorado State......SMH.

This isn't rocket science. Get a foothold in Florida. Print money. Nobody gives a SHIT about any of those other programs.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man some of us have said this for years now. You wouldn't BELIEVE the outright STUPID arguments against this.

Idiots on this very board have told me the B12 would be better off going after Cincy, Louisville, Houston, BYU, Colorado State......SMH.

This isn't rocket science. Get a foothold in Florida. Print money. Nobody gives a SHIT about any of those other programs.

It's not just about the viewers, either, but getting a foothold in Florida would greatly enhance the league's recruiting potential.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincy wouldn't be a bad deal...there some crootin to be done up that way.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Louisville-Isn't happening.
Houston-Why?
Cincy-Why?
BYU-Lots of issues.
Colorado State-Yes

My only question about the Florida schools is why both? One is fine. But why do we need both?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville-Isn't happening.
Houston-Why?
Cincy-Why?
BYU-Lots of issues.
Colorado State-Yes

My only question about the Florida schools is why both? One is fine. But why do we need both?
So the hilltoppers won't have to travel so far to play conference games? :noidea:

I say we kick out the non-publics (Baylor, TCU), add BYU and add 7 east coast teams. Grab all the Florida teams not in a P5
(FAU, FIU, USF, UCF) and then dangle carrots to ACC/SEC teams doubtful any will bite, if not we grab Cincy, Temple and Memphis. That gives us TV in Mormon homes, Florida, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia.

WEST:
OU
OSU
texico
TX Tech
Kansas
K State
Iowa State
BYU

EAST:
WVU
FAU
FIU
USF
UCF
Cincy
Temple
Memphis

WVU gets to dominate the East and OU gets to dominate the West giving OU a solid path to the playoff each year. :happy:

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the idea of either UCF or USF,
and adding Cincy to get back to 12 -
and going back to a 8 game conf schedule -
(plus that'll give our friend @AlaskaGuy
somethin else to bitch about)

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 game conference schedules are for steers & queers.
If done properly, 8 games is better than 9. But no one is requiring it to be done properly.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 14 member conference who only plays an 8 game conference schedule is a pseudo conference.
I keep saying it but it makes more and more sense in order to find the best four teams in the country.

1) Everyone plays 8 conference games (except the Big12 they play 9)
2) Everyone is required to play two P5 out of conference games from two different conferences. (Except the Big12 they are required to play one)
3) Banish Divisions. The two teams with the best conference record play in the CCG. Use all the same tie-breakers as they have now.
4) Minimize playing FCS schools and wins against them do not count towards bowl eligibility.

14 team conferences will have 3 permanent rivals. The remaining 10 teams are split into two pools of five that alternate each year.
Example: Michigan State
Permanent Rivals: Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana
Even years: Ohio State, Iowa, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers
Odd Years: Penn State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois

12 team conferences will have 2 permanent rivals and three pools of three and you play two pools each year and rotate
Example: Washington
Permanent Rivals: Washington State and Oregon
A USC, Arizona State, Colorado
B Stanford, Arizona, Oregon State
C UCLA, Cal, Utah

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the idea of either UCF or USF,
and adding Cincy to get back to 12 -
and going back to a 8 game conf schedule -
(plus that'll give our friend @AlaskaGuy
somethin else to bitch about)

Ideally from a fun football perspective it would be the Florida schools, Cincy, and either Memphis or Colorado State. It would open up recruiting in Florida and the Midwest and open up another market.

From a competitive standpoint we hope the ACC does something stupid and hello Florida State, Clemson, Miami, Georgia Tech, Norte Dame, and Virginia Tech with the SEC and B1G picking over the rest of the carcass as we go to four 16 team conferences. I have a better chance of scoring with Jennifer Lawrence though so this is a pipe dream.

Most likely is your scenario of Cincy and one of the Florida schools. It achieves two new markets, fertile recruiting ground, and doesn't dilute revenue among as many schools.

Really most likely is we are the carcass that gets picked over in 2024 and 3 years later we renew the rivalry in a ACC Pac16 mid level bowl game.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adding those or any other of the 782 schools that the Big12 had beating on the door last year means less TV money for each member.

We fall even further behind the SEC and BIG financially, that does not help the conference, it does the opposite of help. The better plan is to add some PAC schools (USC/UCLA) near the end of our current TV deals.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

...and honestly, most OU fans just don't care anymore.

We buddied up to the enemy hoping to make a great place to hang out because we saw the writing on the wall and knew the Big 8/SWC were getting ready to be dinosaurs, but changing demographics, changing fortunes, increasing academic standards and $$$$ blew it all to hell. Nobody could fully agree on everything because everyone was too busy watching their back.

There was a lot of resentment from the Northern schools who felt that they had lost a lot of opportunities to recruit texico efficiently as they had lost the number of games played in texico due to their being in the North.

There was even more resentment from Nebraska to the conference as a whole when the non-qualifiers deal was voted down.

...add to that the championship game being in the South too often, every team at one time or another playing footsie with other conferences and the texico network shenanigans...POOF! Bob's yer uncle and here you guise are enjoying more money but being stuck out on a fucking island.

Bottom line is OU will be ok no matter what happens. If we decide to expand, fine. We will get what we want out of the deal or it won't happen. If it implodes, fine. We will get what we want out of all deals offered or they won't happen.

Dr. Boren is way smarter than anyone outside the state of Oklahoma gives him credit for. He and the regents are thinking decades down the calendar in virtually every move made since the mass exodus from the Big XII. OU getting serious with its academic game is no accident, there is a reason for that. OU helping shoot down the conference network idea years ago doesn't seem like such a stupid move now, does it? That Tier 3 money is nice, right? Media needs are changing so fast I'm glad the Big XII didn't jump in head-first to something that won't prove EQUALLY profitable FOR ALL INVOLVED over the long haul. texico tried to get the TA&Mmies to go halvsies on the network, but the TA&Mmies told them to fuck themselves as texico insisted on 60/40 revenue split AT BEST.

So, in summary....I guess you're stuck in here. Enjoy the cash and hope we can expand your way in the next 3 years. If we don't, yall may be in some trouble.

See the bold. I used to think like that. But the only way a conference is going to 16 teams is if 3 others do the same. No conference is stupid enough to do that by themselves. An so that would mean WVU would need to be one of the top 64 teams selected. I don’t see how WVU gets left out in the cold in that scenario. JMO though. An we do appreciate the cash and hope. You and your brother Texas expand our way far beyond what we can imagine.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the hilltoppers won't have to travel so far to play conference games? :noidea:

I say we kick out the non-publics (Baylor, TCU), add BYU and add 7 east coast teams. Grab all the Florida teams not in a P5
(FAU, FIU, USF, UCF) and then dangle carrots to ACC/SEC teams doubtful any will bite, if not we grab Cincy, Temple and Memphis. That gives us TV in Mormon homes, Florida, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia.

WEST:
OU
OSU
texico
TX Tech
Kansas
K State
Iowa State
BYU

EAST:
WVU
FAU
FIU
USF
UCF
Cincy
Temple
Memphis

WVU gets to dominate the East and OU gets to dominate the West giving OU a solid path to the playoff each year. :happy:

This is a troll post, yes?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the GOR get pushed down the road a few years if we add teams to the conference.???
We don't want that.
The end needs to get here sooner than later.