• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest upgrade we really need

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training and conditioning staff.

Every team loses a few players during the year....... but our teams seems to have a hamstring issue every year.
Now that is something Jerry can fix in one offseason

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't that been addressed in recent years? I could have sworn it was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know Twist. I can't argue your point, especially the last two years, but what do we expect when many of our draft picks drop to us because of injuries? We are like that fantasy football owner that keeps taking guys that get hurt every year and then wonders why half his team is hurt. However, the hamstring thing is just crazy. This must be a hamstring record. I can't imagine it's as simple as not stretching enough, but maybe the type of weight training we are doing (or are not doing) is part of the problem and its not like our guys are coming out of College with hamstring problems.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real GM?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know Twist. I can't argue your point, especially the last two years, but what do we expect when many of our draft picks drop to us because of injuries? We are like that fantasy football owner that keeps taking guys that get hurt every year and then wonders why half his team is hurt. However, the hamstring thing is just crazy. This must be a hamstring record. I can't imagine it's as simple as not stretching enough, but maybe the type of weight training we are doing (or are not doing) is part of the problem and its not like our guys are coming out of College with hamstring problems.

yeah see thats my thing ... it's not the ticky tak random injuries.... it's the hamstring issues.

and to me that hass to fall on the staff we have.

And it may have been addressed before ... if it was it got worse.

Something just not right with the amount of players we have having that issue.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah see thats my thing ... it's not the ticky tak random injuries.... it's the hamstring issues.

and to me that hass to fall on the staff we have.

And it may have been addressed before ... if it was it got worse.

Something just not right with the amount of players we have having that issue.

I'm no fitness nut but doesn't proper stretching help prevent hamstring injuries?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fitness nut but doesn't proper stretching help prevent hamstring injuries?

no clue man I'm not a Dr..... just seems something is off

I only tweaked mine once .... it's a charlie horse from you knee to your balls ..... it hurts....

better training equals better results .... same with coaching .... lets not hold Garrett responsible for losing if we aren't prepared to hold the people that cant keep a healthy team on the field responsible ...

These guys are paid millions to have our players at their best.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled one bad 20 yrs ago running from 2b to 3b in a baseball game. I would have sworn the Rightfielder shot me in the back of the leg with a gun. I crawled to 3b. It felt like a grapefruit in the back of my leg. Still feel it today when I lift something heavy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wholly agree the training staff is inadequate at best. There has to be a connection between it and the continuing injuries.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree since he is the only owner dumb enough to hire our GM

No argument there,but contrary to what some have said Jerry the owner wants to win more than than make money from the fans. His problem is ego, not cheapness. What if our new owner is all about money?
I know Jerry said he's the GM going forward, but last year he did say that any other GM with his track record would have been fired. Call me an optimist but that give me hope his 20 year remark was just Jerry speak and we are closer to a new GM than we think.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training and conditioning staff.

Every team loses a few players during the year....... but our teams seems to have a hamstring issue every year.
Now that is something Jerry can fix in one offseason

This hamstring issue is getting ridiculous!! Jerry has to draft for position needs!! I am sick seeing how good warfard is playing for Detroit. We had him!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hamstring issue is getting ridiculous!! Jerry has to draft for position needs!! I am sick seeing how good warfard is playing for Detroit. We had him!!

I agree we need to draft for needs.... we NEEDED a Center ... and we got one.

Only pick I had issue with was Escobar.......

I'm not sure Warford would fit in our scheme .... he's a power blocker not so sure he would be good at pulling in the zone scheme we run ...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can look at Free for an example of that ..... He took a major drop off last year when we switched to the zone scheme

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to protect Hammys other than stretching so my thoughts might be off base, but here they are anyways.

Seems like the more explosive players are hurting Hammys. Murray I donty know how fast he is but he doesn't seem to be the fastest guy in the open field but he hits the holes with a burst. He gets Hammy problems. Lee's most recent Hammy issue was from a burst to the ball carrier. Austins long line of Hammy issues fits the same bill.

Seems to me the strength & conditioning coaches are training these guys for these burst, maybe making them stronger than their bodies can handle (I know there is a better way to explain that last statement) So they are pulling Hammys, abdominal muscles, & all kinds of injuries we weren't seeing back in the day.

Wonder if they should tone down some of the strengthening & add more of the conditioning, to keep them healthy? (overdeveloping their muscle)

So you do have to wonder if Strength & conditioning coaches in a strange way are to blame for some of these injuries?

Again I know I didn't explain what is in my head very well (LOL) but hopefully some of you smart people can decipher what it is I am trying to say :noidea:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to protect Hammys other than stretching so my thoughts might be off base, but here they are anyways.

Seems like the more explosive players are hurting Hammys. Murray I donty know how fast he is but he doesn't seem to be the fastest guy in the open field but he hits the holes with a burst. He gets Hammy problems. Lee's most recent Hammy issue was from a burst to the ball carrier. Austins long line of Hammy issues fits the same bill.

Seems to me the strength & conditioning coaches are training these guys for these burst, maybe making them stronger than their bodies can handle (I know there is a better way to explain that last statement) So they are pulling Hammys, abdominal muscles, & all kinds of injuries we weren't seeing back in the day.

Wonder if they should tone down some of the strengthening & add more of the conditioning, to keep them healthy? (overdeveloping their muscle)

So you do have to wonder if Strength & conditioning coaches in a strange way are to blame for some of these injuries?

Again I know I didn't explain what is in my head very well (LOL) but hopefully some of you smart people can decipher what it is I am trying to say :noidea:

I'm not a Dr but like you I wish I could explain better.

Just how many of our players at different positions are having the same injury ........
Just seems logical to me ... where the blame is.... bad luck one year is one thing .... two years in a row? .... and like was said earlier in this topic .... we have either to to be approaching a record or have already set a record for hamstring injuries

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can look at Free for an example of that ..... He took a major drop off last year when we switched to the zone scheme

Good point. But I think free is just a mediocre tackle in any scheme.