• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Surprises For The Packers This Season?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These players have been the biggest surprises so far this season.
]1.) Gunter: He's graded out as the best CB on the team coming off a season where he almost didn't even see the field and was an undrafted FA is shocking. His combine numbers were bad with a 4.6 40 time, average vertical and everything else was below average. However, his size at 6'2" 204 lbs and ability to stick on WR's like glue without holding has been very impressive. He shutdown OBJ, Julio Jones, and Dez to their worst games of the year. He has had some mistakes but he's very reliable and has just gotten better.

2.) Ty Montgomery: After the Lacy injury/Starks ineptitude and injury, Ty took over as the main guy at RB and finished the transition from WR in the NFL which rarely happens. His first start at RB he ran for 163 yards and had 2 TD's. He broke 12 tackles in one game. The 6 ft 220 lb muscle frame has enabled him to run in between the tackles but he has the WR speed to bounce to the outside and take it the distance.

3.) Geranimooooooooo: He's very similar to Gunter in that he has good size but went undrafted and posted below average combine numbers. However, in his first season he's averaging about 17 YPC, making great catches, is a beast in the scramble drill and has Donald Driver like quickness even at the tall frame of his. After Cobb's injury I honestly feel like he's been an upgrade over Cobb in limited time.

4.) Lane Taylor: Honestly I didn't even know he was on our team. I wasn't upset with the Sitton release but I had no idea who are replacement was so I was concerned to say the very least. Well, Lane has only given up one sack this season and I've rarely heard his name called which is good for and O-line player. Has he been better than Sitton would've been this year? Maybe in the run game and maybe a little more since he's been healthy and Sitton hasn't been. In the long run this was a great call and has worked in the short term as well.

5.) Hyde/Brunett: They've played better this year at the corner position than the safety positions. After losing Rollins, Randall, and another backup CB it was up to Brunett to play CB for the first time since HS and Hyde to cover the outside man and not the slot. They basically shut down MVP candidate Stafford in the second half with exception of the garbage time hail Mary in the final seconds that was meaningless. Both players were the two highest rated defensive players according to pro football focus for the Lions game. Their versatility has been key to the success of our defense in that game and many others this season.

There's others like Jordy who started slow and many thought wasn't the same player but has turned it on lately with deep speed TD's. Also, Cook has been a TE version of Megatron with his size and speed. Rodgers has been at his all time best when Cook is on the field. His numbers this year won't blow anyone away especially with the time lost due to injury but when he's connecting with Rodgers I don't feel like anyone in the league can stop them.

Reactions: DUB

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised in Nick Perry's play early in the season. He actually finally looked like a 1st round pick for a little while there.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything said.... TE Cook was needed the past several years hahaha. Give Rodgers a really good TE and he would of been even more dangerous over the years. Did you guys see that tweet Peanut Tillman sent to Arodgers about getting him on the team so he can play CB for us in the playoffs? Too bad the Pack don't work that way... shoot we'd of gotten Randy Moss back in the day and Lynch too if the Pack would let players recruit more often!

-DUB-

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised in Nick Perry's play early in the season. He actually finally looked like a 1st round pick for a little while there.

Before the injury he was the best all around player on the defense. His pass rush and run stopping ability was dare I say close to elite. Now he's getting sacks with a club (3 in 2 games). This guy is going to receive a mighty big contract. The move to OLB and losing 15 lbs has done wonders for his career. He has a very strong power rush and excellent speed rush now.

Last edited:

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the injury he was the best all around player on the defense. His pass rush and run stopping ability was dare I say close to elite. Now he's getting sacks with a club (3 in 2 games). This guy is going to receive a mighty big contract. The move to OLB and losing 15 lbs has done wonders for his career. He has a very strong power rush and excellent speed rush now.

Keep the club on!

Reactions: DUB