• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 Expansion talks getting dead serious.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna happen, let's face it. I just hope Osborne knows what he's getting himself into when he decides wether we join or not. I personally see more pros than cons moving to the Big 10. I just don't want our program to get left in the dust and potentially ruined.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone please tell me why teams from the Big 12 are looking to go to the Big 10? Just wondering. Never understood why, because we may have not won the NC but the Big 12 has definately been in the picture for the past couple of years.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I wanna go to the big house and the shoe for Husker games year in and year out. THAT would be awesome.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna happen, let's face it. I just hope Osborne knows what he's getting himself into when he decides wether we join or not. I personally see more pros than cons moving to the Big 10. I just don't want our program to get left in the dust and potentially ruined.

Link?

They only need one team. Has NU even been offered? I was under the assumption they were looking for a big TV market. The population of Nebraska doesn't seem to fit that mold.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're misinformed sir.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Nebraska needs to jump if the Big 10 calls. I despise the Big 10 and think it sucks but I can not stand to continue to be in a conference designed around Texas and that bows down to everything they say.

If Notre Dame says yes then the Big 10 will only take 1 team and be done with it. Otherwise they will be taking at least 3 teams to make it 14 and might even go to 16. 2 of those initial 3 will come from the Big East with Pittsburgh, Syracuse, UConn, and/or Rutgers. That will be the first place they look. Then if they need another team they will look west and look at Missouri and Nebraska. After the Big 10 expands then the Pac 10 will expand to take Colorado and then that will leave Nebraska in the Big 12 adding 2 more Texas schools and we will be even more fucked than we are now. As much as it pains me to say it, Nebraska needs to go to the Big 10.

Plus if Pittsburgh goes to the Big 10 and Nebraska joins them we can go and beat the fucking shit out of Steve Pederson!!!!!!!!!!!!

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, Nebraska needs to jump if the Big 10 calls. I despise the Big 10 and think it sucks but I can not stand to continue to be in a conference designed around Texas and that bows down to everything they say.

If Notre Dame says yes then the Big 10 will only take 1 team and be done with it. Otherwise they will be taking at least 3 teams to make it 14 and might even go to 16. 2 of those initial 3 will come from the Big East with Pittsburgh, Syracuse, UConn, and/or Rutgers. That will be the first place they look. Then if they need another team they will look west and look at Missouri and Nebraska. After the Big 10 expands then the Pac 10 will expand to take Colorado and then that will leave Nebraska in the Big 12 adding 2 more Texas schools and we will be even more fucked than we are now. As much as it pains me to say it, Nebraska needs to go to the Big 10.

Plus if Pittsburgh goes to the Big 10 and Nebraska joins them we can go and beat the fucking shit out of Steve Pederson!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with a lot of this, the big 12 would add a tcu and maybe??? utep?

then your big 12 north would be
kansas
kansas state
iowa state
oklahoma state
oklahoma
missouri/nebraska

south would be
texas
baylor
a&m
tcu
utep
texas tech

or something like that

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen...we are the best traveling fans in the country...and if we had to go to big 10 country...people would stop traveling...many other reasons but that was the first to my mind.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be that far to travel would it? I don't think it will happen either, but I know I sure as heck would drive to Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State to watch.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe it will happen either for Nebraska to move into the Big 10, but that is what I want to happen.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want it to happen personally. I don't think TO thinks much different than the blue hairs that fund the program, just another reason it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

The Big 10 and Big 12 have their classic rivalries, NU leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10, destroys every one we have, it is just boring in my opinion.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do not want it to happen and think that we would be going to a much weaker conf. if we did. We have much better comp. where we are at and the best way to shut Tx up is to get good enough to beat them consistently. OU, Ok St., Mizzou, K St., TTech and even KU will be making the B12 so much tougher than the B10 has or will ever be. I would rather know that if I do well in the conf. we are rated better than if we play in a weak conf.
When we played in the Big 8 being the conf. champ. also meant you were in the NC or very very close to it. Right now I feel that the B12 is in the top three toughest conf. in the country and the big 10 is middle of the road. I would rather we play in one of those there conf. and know we are playing the best and having the chance to play the best in bowls.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the O comes around this year we are going to be very tough to beat. We are not far from being the Conf. Champs in a conf that has more than two teams that consistently play good CFB.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say stay and fight I want to beat the hell out of texass and ou and I think Bo and his staff can do it.