• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 CCG Most Watched CFB Game of the Season

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team that played no ranked team to that point gave up well over 200 yards of rushing.

The other gave up 34 points.

Hardly a defensive gem.

At least we know Auburn and Missouri were good prior to the SECCG because they had beaten real teams before they played each other.

If Michigan State and Ohio State both lose their bowl games (Ohio State losing would be :L) then I might not have either in my final top 15. If Michigan State doesn't get blown out they might find themselves around #10.

Wow, giving up over 200 yards rushing to one of the top rushing teams in the country while another team gave up over 500 yards to a team that has beaten no one in the top 20. Sounds like Missouri wasn't any good and hasn't beaten anyone (using your criteria) and they put up well over 200 rushing yards on you and then tacked on another 300 yards passing. Ohio State's best win is better than Missouri's best win so they should be just outside your top 15 if they lose, right?

You're welcome.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we have conflicting reports we either need to find a neutral source that isn't B1G or SEC biased (both links are regionally biased) or this discussion is stupid.

I've got no issue if the B1G pulled higher numbers but if posters are going to gloat lets get it right.

I'd post some, but IDK where to find them...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources say the SEC hand way more viewers and they are also better looking and faster. FWIW.

My sources have shown that yours were wearing grey shirts and that they were just learning how to read so congrats on that.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources have shown that yours were wearing grey shirts and that they were just learning how to read so congrats on that.

Shut you mouth when your talking to me. Bitch.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we have conflicting reports we either need to find a neutral source that isn't B1G or SEC biased (both links are regionally biased) or this discussion is stupid.

I've got no issue if the B1G pulled higher numbers but if posters are going to gloat lets get it right.

It says right in your link

FYI, ratings is a different number than total viewers. The later in the day, generally speaking, the more total viewers there are for TV shows. Ratings is just the straight number

In other words you're comparing apples to oranges. Ratings != total viewer ship

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really give a shit why the ratings were higher? There were implications. The B1G still has a lot of people in their footprint, and they wanted to see what happened. It was a nice time slot. People love football. It was a good game, very well officiated, which everyone can appreciate.

It's that simple. Don't cry because the B1G still manages to get things right now and then.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says right in your link

In other words you're comparing apples to oranges. Ratings != total viewer ship
Not sure I follow so you can have higher ratings but less viewers? How is that tracked? Honest question this stuff is pretty interesting to me.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd post some, but IDK where to find them...
I don't either I looked several times earlier in the season because I was interested in how a couple games pulled but couldn't find the data.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team that played no ranked team to that point gave up well over 200 yards of rushing.

The other gave up 34 points.

Hardly a defensive gem.

At least we know Auburn and Missouri were good prior to the SECCG because they had beaten real teams before they played each other.

If Michigan State and Ohio State both lose their bowl games (Ohio State losing would be :L) then I might not have either in my final top 15. If Michigan State doesn't get blown out they might find themselves around #10.

Only SEC logic allows people to think Missouri beat good teams before the SECCG.

Missouri beat:
Texas AM (who beat Rice, Utep, and SMU OOC)
Ole Miss (who beat Texas before they fired their DC, Troy, and Idaho OOC)
I'm not sure who else they beat
Georgia - does that count? They lost OOC to Clemson when they were healthy. And then beat GT, which was a mediocre ACC team.
Florida - Lol
Vanderbilt - They beat Wake Forest OOC, but so did most of the ACC.

Michigan State beat:
Iowa (who beat Iowa State OOC and lost to a top 25 team)
Indiana - the same team that Missouri beat
Michigan - who beat Notre Dame
Minnesota - beat SJSU, UNLV, NMSU OOC
Nebraska - lost to UCLA and beat some crappy teams OOC.

Why aren't Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, etc. considered as good as Ole Miss, Georgia Texas A&M? Because Michigan and Minnesota aren't in the SEC?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FoxSports takes the annual title from CBS.

Ohio St/Michigan St had 13.9 viewers.

Not surprising, since most knew that the outcome would determine who played in the NC game. And, it was a darn-good game.

Surpassing Alabama/Auburn (Nov 30th) which had 13.8 million viewers.

Though not surpassing them by much; same situation though - lot of folks wanted to see Bama fall, and it was a darn-good game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Business Journal had the OSU/MSU game at 13.9 million and had the Alabama/Auburn at 13.8 million viewers respectively.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of folks wanted to see Bama fall, and it was a darn-good game.

I actually think most of us tuning that one in wanted to see Auburn get rolled and put to rest that team of destiny nonsense.

Thats how it was in my neck of the woods anyway.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is next? Whip out yourn peckers and see who can piss further?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow so you can have higher ratings but less viewers? How is that tracked? Honest question this stuff is pretty interesting to me.

TV ratings are calculated as rating/share. rating is the average number of TV's that will be on that show during it's whole time period. In other word, it's the average viewer ship. The share is the percentage of tv's that are in use at that time with that show on it.

So, ratings is basically an average viewer ship through out the whole show. It does not indicate the total viewer ship. In other words, a lot of people watched the B1GCG put didn't stay on it, while a lot of people, but not as much as the B1GCG, watched the SECCG and stayed on it.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Folks've been arguing source veracity for program ratings & total viewership...if you're serious about following your interest, I'd suggest you start here:

Ratings Roundup: Fox?s Big Ten Championship Game Earns Best Rating Ever; CBS?s Iron Bowl Most Watched College Football Game of Season : Sports Video Group

lemme know what questions you have after digesting the numbers presented...I spent 25 years masturbating viewership/rating/share numbers for regional & national advertising clients...stuff is simple in concept but becomes exponentially more complex as your 'ratings universe' expands.

:suds: