• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty good so far. I liked the blk n wht beginning. I was thinking someone was hiding in his room by the window and at the end of the series, he will be whacked. Reminded me of odenkirks movie nebraska the way it was shot.

I thought his mentor was his dad and he just called him by his name. So that was just his mentor huh? Thought he just had a fucked up family.

That's his brother, I believe.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also loving the show. My favorite was Tuco telling the guy (he beat to deateh for telling Walter and Jesse to remember who they work for) to stop helping when he spoke up during the standoff in the desert.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was hilarious, DayMan. The guy's name was No-Doze, which is ironic because he got put to sleep.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was quite the doozy. The kettleman's are assholes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Kettlemen's made a decision."

"Yeah... So did the Donner Party." Hahaha

I plan on enjoying this series more than BB. I spent 20% of that series hoping Walt would just die.

I like Saul, and his sleaziness, con morals.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Kettlemen's made a decision."

"Yeah... So did the Donner Party." Hahaha

I plan on enjoying this series more than BB. I spent 20% of that series hoping Walt would just die.

I like Saul, and his sleaziness, con morals.

He doesn't seem to be as big of a scum bag as he was in breaking bad, yet.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have bought a car wash instead of keeping all their money in that bag.

I thought Saul mentioned earlier in the episode that they had bought a nice boat with some of that money. When they mentioned none of the cars were missing, I thought for sure they took off on the boat. 3 episodes in and I'm already coming up with dumb theories. Guess I'm officially into this show. :)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, that's the whole point of this show. He's Jimmy McGill, a guy that still has some morals to him and tries to do the right thing even though he gets in some bad spots. That's why he warned that family tonight.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, that's the whole point of this show. He's Jimmy McGill, a guy that still has some morals to him and tries to do the right thing even though he gets in some bad spots. That's why he warned that family tonight.

LOL, yep, the birth of Saul Goodman is morphing before us. I love this show already.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's why i probably won't watch it.

gilligan did a great job of making saul a known slimeball who had built a craft for many, many years that revolved around making vast amounts of money off of criminal behavior that included murder and hurting children.

i'm a little disappointed that gilligan would compromise his previous work to try to redefine the character and make a show with him at the center.

i know some of the head nodders who worship all things breaking bad will try to argue that the show is supposed to show the evolution of saul as a conniving bastard, but there's no way any rational adult will buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's why i probably won't watch it.

gilligan did a great job of making saul a known slimeball who had built a craft for many, many years that revolved around making vast amounts of money off of criminal behavior that included murder and hurting children.

i'm a little disappointed that gilligan would compromise his previous work to try to redefine the character and make a show with him at the center.

i know some of the head nodders who worship all things breaking bad will try to argue that the show is supposed to show the evolution of saul as a conniving bastard, but there's no way any rational adult will buy it.

I dunno, man. I think you should give it a shot. He's still clearly a scum bag, just not at BB level. It's already shown him in jail and needing help getting out in a flashback. Anyway, I honestly see better call Saul becoming another huge tv show. If you loved breaking bad, I think you at least owe Gilligan a shot here. No offense, but your reasoning for not giving it a shot seems pretty snooty to me.

To be completely honest with you, I see this show becoming great. It's already getting massive viewership, and I doubt it slows down. I can see it becoming the main attraction of AMC and becoming bigger than the walking dead. You can come up with reasons to not watch it now, but I can almost guarantee you that you will give in and have to catch up on episodes at some point in time. It's clear that you are semi interested because you are keeping tabs on this thread.