• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way a flat/one-dimensional character like saul works at the center of a show is in a sitcom.

i'll pass.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way a flat/one-dimensional character like saul works at the center of a show is in a sitcom.

i'll pass.

I think that the debut episode last night already began to develop another dimension in Saul's character, namely, that he seems to feel a sense of duty toward the lawyer who was apparently once his mentor. In fact, I think that external events might contribute to Saul "breaking bad", much like they did Walter White.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the debut episode last night already began to develop another dimension in Saul's character, namely, that he seems to feel a sense of duty toward the lawyer who was apparently once his mentor. In fact, I think that external events might contribute to Saul "breaking bad", much like they did Walter White.

one of the first things saul did on BB was suggest laundering money through Walter's cancer donation fund. he stayed that same flat, one-dimensional slimeball for like 60 episodes. and it was brilliant. putting walter side by side with him really showed his descent into evil well.

hank was the same in terms of one-dimensionality, and i'd have about as much interest in a show about him before BB as i do in saul.

mike is slightly more interesting, so that's one reason that I'm DVRing the show and waiting to watch them all when the season ends. i'll give it a try because it's gilligan, but i just can't imagine it not feeling like a big load of bullshit.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on tonight

Really? On Talking Dead they said it would be moving to Mondays but I assumed it would be on next week. Great news if true.

The dialogue was up to BB standards, Saul may have been one-dimensional on BB but he certainly wasn't a boring character. Spin-offs rarely ever do well but I think this one has a real shot of being good.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saul may have been one-dimensional on BB but he certainly wasn't a boring character...

great when put next to rounded characters.

completely boring on his own. it's how good writers (film, tv, books, everything) use characters, actually.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome scene as lawyer McGill gets his two "mop heads" broken legs by Tuco! I'm still laughing.:pound:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is loaded with dark humor. The negotiation between him and Tuco tonight was quite comical

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the dude that Saul thinks "made" him at Cinnabon, the same dude Jesse thought was Walts muscle at the public square?

If it was, I liked it.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the dude that Saul thinks "made" him at Cinnabon, the same dude Jesse thought was Walts muscle at the public square?

If it was, I liked it.

Didn't even think about that, that would be a cool twist.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was expecting a good episode tonight and it did not disappoint

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken legs are a lot worse than a black eye but they are a lot better than what Tuco had in mind. They weren't exactly in a strong position to negotiate with that mad man. They should be grateful Saul didn't bail on them even if he sort of got them into that mess in the 1st place. We'll obviously be seeing them again but I wonder if they'll be regulars or recurring characters.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'll pass.

I sort of had the same feeling going in, but so far so good in my opinion. He was 1 dimensional on Breaking Bad because he wasn't the centerpiece of the show.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of had the same feeling going in, but so far so good in my opinion. He was 1 dimensional on Breaking Bad because he wasn't the centerpiece of the show.

I look at it this way, Cranston owned WW. He created the backstory, he fine tuned everything about his role. And he guided us into hell.

Odenkirk's "Hal" was Saul for most people. First time most everyone saw his face or heard his name. And Im Fairley confident that character grew as the series played out as much for his performance and how it played to audiences as the writers intent. (Could be wrong)

This is BO's turn as WW. He's a producer and Id imagine, will be responsible for much of what comes out of Sauls mouth.

He was a writer on SNL during my favorite era. (Hartman, Lovitz, Spade, Sandler, Farley etc). The dude created "Matt Foley". And he was one of Conans writers when the awesomeness was fresh and new. I've got high hopes for hilarity with this thing.

Along with all the suspense that comes with a main character you know can't die.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good for a "boring character". :lol:

Tuco was excellent in this episode.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way, Cranston owned WW. He created the backstory, he fine tuned everything about his role. And he guided us into hell.

Odenkirk's "Hal" was Saul for most people. First time most everyone saw his face or heard his name. And Im Fairley confident that character grew as the series played out as much for his performance and how it played to audiences as the writers intent. (Could be wrong)

This is BO's turn as WW. He's a producer and Id imagine, will be responsible for much of what comes out of Sauls mouth.

He was a writer on SNL during my favorite era. (Hartman, Lovitz, Spade, Sandler, Farley etc). The dude created "Matt Foley". And he was one of Conans writers when the awesomeness was fresh and new. I've got high hopes for hilarity with this thing.

Along with all the suspense that comes with a main character you know can't die.

Who knows, I'm guessing that it will all come back full circle to "today's" Saul working at Cinnabon and he'll decide either to become Saul again or continue living in the shadows. Kind of like when WW returned to his home in the season premiere of the final season of BB.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, I'm guessing that it will all come back full circle to "today's" Saul working at Cinnabon and he'll decide either to become Saul again or continue living in the shadows. Kind of like when WW returned to his home in the season premiere of the final season of BB.

Call me crazy, but I think "Jesse Pinkmans Wild Alaskan Adventure" is an open ended option. It's out there. I really think it is.

There are a lot of "outs" for this endevour. Im mean, virtually freakin' endless. (I was so pumped to see that dough being rolled, with that song in the background. Hahaha.)

Is there anyone out there that doesn't want to hear "wwhaat!?!" Or "Biitchh!" a bakers dozen more times? (For real, who doesn't want to see that kid grow up and get to love life?)

Unlike normal, Im buyin' in from the start with this one. I always but in late or afterwards, not this time. Bill Burrs first appearance is gonna whip ass, guaranteed! They laid out background story at the end of BB. Better Call Saul will have Boston episodes, no doubt about it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I think "Jesse Pinkmans Wild Alaskan Adventure" is an open ended option. It's out there. I really think it is.

There are a lot of "outs" for this endevour. Im mean, virtually freakin' endless. (I was so pumped to see that dough being rolled, with that song in the background. Hahaha.)

Is there anyone out there that doesn't want to hear "wwhaat!?!" Or "Biitchh!" a bakers dozen more times? (For real, who doesn't want to see that kid grow up and get to love life?)

Unlike normal, Im buyin' in from the start with this one. I always but in late or afterwards, not this time. Bill Burrs first appearance is gonna whip ass, guaranteed! They laid out background story at the end of BB. Better Call Saul will have Boston episodes, no doubt about it.

I think Jesse is all but a gurantee to show up at some point. Maybe as soon as S2. I am definitely looking forward to some more Kuby and Huell!!!

I am fully into this show too love the direction and I think Nacho could be a good Jesse type supporting star to Saul.

I just love the fact that more reveals like Tuco at the end of the premiere can happen at any moment because all BB characters are fair game in this show since it is going to cover Before, During and after BB.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jesse is all but a gurantee to show up at some point. Maybe as soon as S2. I am definitely looking forward to some more Kuby and Huell!!!

I am fully into this show too love the direction and I think Nacho could be a good Jesse type supporting star to Saul.

I just love the fact that more reveals like Tuco at the end of the premiere can happen at any moment because all BB characters are fair game in this show since it is going to cover Before, During and after BB.

I don't think nacho is going to be around for the entirety of the show. I think he's going to get killed. He wasn't around in breaking bad for a reason and he seems to be close to taco, so if he was alive during BB, we would've met him. Nacho will probably be the first step into Mike McGill becoming Saul Goodman.

Another thing I want to address is the people saying Saul is a one dimensional character. I agree with that in BB, but he had to become a sleaze bag somehow. Dismissing this show because Saul is one dimensional is short sighted to me.