• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best/Worst 1st Round NFL Selection

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Worst Pick--Jadevon Clowney. Probably the most talented in this draft and probably the one with the most issues.

He truly is the very definition of boom or bust. All the talent in the world in that his bust will end up in Canton one day, but also some questions about his desire and effort to succeed in the NFL where even the best of the best cannot rely on talent alone.

Easily the most talented in this draft. Will he live up to the potential? Texans better make sure to surround him with the right people. A guy like JJ Watt could also help out big time for them. That could be an incredible duo for the next decade.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question marks for me are
· The Lions with Ebron, they should have went defense instead they took a pure luxery pick and even though they hope he turns out to be a Gates or VD type of TE he will fall short.
· Shazier to the Steelers, I like Shazier a lot and he was a beast at OSU but he is a 4-3 LB, not a 3-4, the Steelers should have passed unless they are planning on switching schemes.
· The Dolphins, what the heck were they thinking James would have been there in the end of the 2nd and maybe 3rd round, this is one of the biggest reaches.
· The Patriots with Easley, I really wanted this kid to fall to the 9ers in the 2nd, depending on how his knees hold up he could be a massive boom, but he could be out of the league in a year or two.
· Jimmy Ward? Why would the 9ers draft him? We had bigger needs at CB and Roby went the next pick, there are still a ton of WR's on the board, we have a need for a big NT like Nix which is who I really wanted after the Cooks, and Beckham were picked.
· My pick for worst pick in the first round has to be the Panthers and Kelvin Benjamin, they should have went with either Lee or Latimore. Benjamin will be a bust.
My biggest winner is the Browns, and that is hard to say. I think they were hoping that Bortles would drop to the 4th spot, once he was taken they went to plan B and picked up an additional 1st and 4th next year. Then they swapped the bust that is Trent Richardson for Johnny Football, who might just turn into a Franchise QB.

The Golden Rule of drafting. NEVER EVER EVER trust an Ohio State DB. Most busts than not.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst Picks: Rams drafting somewhat of a project OL 2nd overall, Roby, Kelvin Benjamin

Best: Browns, Dennard at 24 I am fairly happy with.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst Picks: Rams drafting somewhat of a project OL 2nd overall, Roby, Kelvin Benjamin

Best: Browns, Dennard at 24 I am fairly happy with.

Bengals, Browns drafted Manziel 22