• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

best vpn for downloading torrents?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it shouldn't be a surprise what people use torrents for..so my question is what service out there is "guaranteed" to keep the wrong people from tracking my activity. im not a tech guru by any means. do you need more that just a vpn?

example I had a family member working online from out of state. for some reason texas was a place they didn't want people working from and so we attempted to use one of the various vpn services...but the employer somehow knew they were using the vpn service...

so is it possible..you can get tracked no matter what or?

any recommendations?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but it's becoming increasingly hard to do it because the major providers like Comcast will within 24/48 hours of a new torrent being published have the tracker and hash info programmed into it's watch lists and they look for all the angles on how people try to get around it. Any traffic of downloads or uploads using that info from any of their public IPs will get translated into a warning email from them.

Comcast used to be whatever about this stuff, until they made NBCUniveral part of their company. Now they police DRM hard with the video content. They seem to not care about music and pron at all.

Since Game of Thrones is ranked as the most pirated show the past couple years, they will have all the trackers within 24 hours from most of the torrent sites and will nail anyone who downloads after.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people DL mainstream movies & TV shows when you can stream most of that online without the risk of getting popped by your cable provider/copyright trolls.

As for VPN service, you are talking about fee for service VPN correct? The free ones are crap. Many people use a seed box along with a VPN to store torrents & then access them through the cloud so it makes it even harder to track.

But let me search for a VPN list I used to have if indeed your are looking for fee for service provider..

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but it's becoming increasingly hard to do it because the major providers like Comcast will within 24/48 hours of a new torrent being published have the tracker and hash info programmed into it's watch lists and they look for all the angles on how people try to get around it. Any traffic of downloads or uploads using that info from any of their public IPs will get translated into a warning email from them.

Comcast used to be whatever about this stuff, until they made NBCUniveral part of their company. Now they police DRM hard with the video content. They seem to not care about music and pron at all.

Since Game of Thrones is ranked as the most pirated show the past couple years, they will have all the trackers within 24 hours from most of the torrent sites and will nail anyone who downloads after.

I wouldn't know anything about this :spy: but on uTorrent if you click on advanced before you click okay for the download you can erase all of the trackers.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are various tracker blocking programs available as well. Peer guardian is one.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the replies guys...well my reason on downloads vs streams is currently im on a rotation in Afghanistan I go back later this month...internet speed there is pretty horrible. like maybe 56k. I used bt guard earlier this year...haven't had any problems but kinda want to be on safe side. ive been comparing for few days now...cant see anything being any better than the others. do any of you prefer one over the other?