• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best plausible line-up next season

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that the Kings keep changing staff around. No wonder he get ornery. They've had Karl on staff for about 4 months and there are already rumblings the owner and Divac pushing him around. Sactown's front office is a dumpster fire and it poisons everything else. Cousins desperately needs a fresh change of scenery. I think he'll be great wherever he ends up if he can get out.

It isn't the best run franchise right now. Vlade stated that Cousins isn't going to be traded, but how often have we heard GMs state such? I think he's available and agree that a chance of scenery just may be what he needs. He's a dominate player who has yet to reach his prime. Definitely worth trading for in my opinion.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:i'm with this wholeheartedly...

would rather stay away from him if at all possible...

Maybe...maaaaaybeee if he takes a vet minimum contract and proves that he can still play and not be a dick. I would still need convincing of that scenario though!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic, but speaking of Gasol's. I was at the Dodgers game yesterday and saw Pau there. Pretty cool. Especially since he's my favorite player.

He told me to tell retro he's gonna kick his ass for calling him Gasoft. :pound:

:lol: Tell Pau, I never referred to as Gasoft. I used to refer to him as GASBAG remember?:pound:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I knew the Kings FO was an issue, but I thought Shaq and Vlade were supposed to be cleaning that up. Maybe Cousins is a possibility after all then. He'd probably have to force a trade by letting the Kings know he won't re-sign with them, but he wouldn't be the first player to do that.

My only issue with him has been him being a head case. If that's more about the FO than him, then the Lakers should probably explore that option. I'd prefer they figure out a way to get him and keep the #2 pick though.

Yeah, they're a trainwreck. The kind of trainwreck that is ripe for taking advantage of in trades. From what I gather, Shaq isn't there to do anything. He's just a minority owner whose stake is more finanical based than him wanting say in the franchise operations. The other stuff is just comical. Vivek Ranadive (probably butchered that but whatevs) finally told his GM to hire George Karl after firing two other coaches during the season. Then he hires Divac in a role that basically usurps the GM and there's already reports that Divac is pushing back against having Karl as coach despite only being around since February. Cousins has had about 5 head coaches already and is at this point just looking for stability. He's basically the next star to ask to be traded (like Melo, CP3, Love, etc) but the Kings are so messed up they just might do it before he even asks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they're a trainwreck. The kind of trainwreck that is ripe for taking advantage of in trades. From what I gather, Shaq isn't there to do anything. He's just a minority owner whose stake is more finanical based than him wanting say in the franchise operations. The other stuff is just comical. Vivek Ranadive (probably butchered that but whatevs) finally told his GM to hire George Karl after firing two other coaches during the season. Then he hires Divac in a role that basically usurps the GM and there's already reports that Divac is pushing back against having Karl as coach despite only being around since February. Cousins has had about 5 head coaches already and is at this point just looking for stability. He's basically the next star to ask to be traded (like Melo, CP3, Love, etc) but the Kings are so messed up they just might do it before he even asks.

Damn. Sounds like Jim Buss is better than what the Kings have. :pound:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ranadive never should've fired Mike Malone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated. How about:

Aldridge
Randle
Kobe
Clarkson
Russell

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I do see the team trying to get another veteran player if the do manage to get Aldridge or Love.

Young talent is great but the team also needs leadership.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranadive never should've fired Mike Malone.

He literally has no idea what he's doing. Most all of their mess stems from him. Who would have thought you could find a worse owner than the Maloofs?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated. How about:

Aldridge
Randle
Kobe
Clarkson
Russell

I don't know that Kobe will start at SF. Russell/Clarkson/Kobe probably becomes a 3 man guard rotation.

Aldridge is a PF. The Lakers could go after someone like Monroe or maybe Jordan (since I doubt Gasol leaves Memphis). Robin Lopez is a cheaper fall-back if they want to spend some FA money at SF as well.

Lakers did get commitments from C Robert Upshaw (Washington) and F Brandon Ashley (Arizona) for the summer league team, since both went undrafted. Hopefully Upshaw can put his issues behind him, as he could be a nice C prospect to develop. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers add Gabe Olaseni to the summer league team too, as he supposedly held his own against Jahlil in Okafor's second Lakers workout.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this one? Lakers convince DeAndre Jordan to walk across the hall. Kills the Clips (they don't have cap space to replace him) and we get a starting lineup of:

C - Jordan
PF - Randle
SF - Kobe
SG/PG - Clarkson
SG/PG - Russell

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that one as well and as Shopson mentioned, that Upshaw kid is a great find.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree TJF12. The dude is big like Whiteside and a little raw but just as you've stated he could be the type of center we have been looking for. Speaking of Whiteside, Riley is very pleased and Whiteside is really matriculating nicely into the dominant guy in the middle Riley envisioned all along.