• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best plausible line-up next season

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with wildturkey that the summer league means nothing, but I am looking forward to seeing the young guys playing together and if Upshaw has the talent he seems to.

It doesn't count for anything, but it's a good chance to check out the young talent. Last summer league was the first time I saw Clarkson play. He showed me things that looked good for a promising NBA career. It carried over into the regular season and against the big boys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree lakersrule. The summer league allows the young players to transition into the NBA game and to get playing time, just like what goes on in baseball and the farm system. By playing in an organized fashion it can provide indications of coaches and players that are more reflective of the NBA game rather than the college game. Again, it is not totally useless as some would have you believe but it serves many purposes or the owners would not tolerate the expenses to have the league around.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters:

PG: Russell
SG: Clarkson
SF: Kobe
PF: Randle
C: Hibbert

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree lakersrule. The summer league allows the young players to transition into the NBA game and to get playing time, just like what goes on in baseball and the farm system. By playing in an organized fashion it can provide indications of coaches and players that are more reflective of the NBA game rather than the college game. Again, it is not totally useless as some would have you believe but it serves many purposes or the owners would not tolerate the expenses to have the league around.

Whoever said it was totally useless? I've said its nothing for fans to get excited about as if it has real meaning for the upcoming season. People shouldn't get their hopes up or bent out of shape if the players do well or if they struggle because SL hardly ever translates to the actual NBA because its not designed to. It's basically freshman orientation. But the sentiment among several peeps seems to be its the start of something special which may just be because they haven't ever really followed SL before. Watch it to kill time till the season starts. Enjoy the dunks and crossovers, shrug off the massive amounts of turnovers and fouls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters:

PG: Russell
SG: Clarkson
SF: Kobe
PF: Randle
C: Hibbert

This is how I would like it to be. I can however see Clarkson or Russell going to the bench, moving Kobe to the SG spot and someone else playing SF.

They may not have much cap space left but I see a couple more signings coming up!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said it was totally useless? I've said its nothing for fans to get excited about as if it has real meaning for the upcoming season. People shouldn't get their hopes up or bent out of shape if the players do well or if they struggle because SL hardly ever translates to the actual NBA because its not designed to. It's basically freshman orientation. But the sentiment among several peeps seems to be its the start of something special which may just be because they haven't ever really followed SL before. Watch it to kill time till the season starts. Enjoy the dunks and crossovers, shrug off the massive amounts of turnovers and fouls.

Yeah, I usually watch as much of the SL as I can (in fact, I'm watching Clips/Pistons right now), but it's mostly some average to below average basketball. You can see whether a guy has talent or not, but that's about it. You'll see guys do a crazy crossover, get a dunk and it looks great. But you have to remember that the guy he just embarrassed might be a guy who'll be lucky to be in the D-league.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still a format for college players and other types to make the transition into the NBA game albeit a slow one. It serves a lot of purposes including allowing for coaches to "practice" their craft unencumbered by the pressure of winning in the real NBA. Players can also spend the summer getting better similar to the farm system in baseball which is way longer. If player isn't quite ready, they can be "retained" in the D-league until they are or are not.

Before they had the summer and D-leagues, teams didn't know much about what they had and they had to hope the pre-season got a player "ready". If you remember TJF12, under the old system lots of players were brought into training camp, get a look-see, and then sent packing. Sometimes it was correct, but sometimes they'd miss a player that another team would snatch up. Transactions were aplenty. Like I stated, if it was not useful, the owners would not tolerate the expenses to have it around.