• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchup for week 2

who ya got?

• Total voters

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off last week, I disagree. The Falcons looked like trash and might be experiencing a SB hangover. I have them missing the playoffs (Bucs and Panthers out of the NFC South) and they didn't let me down.

PS: I realize it was just 1 game but I just think they'll have a letdown after the way they finished the SB.

For me, it's Dallas vs Denver.

Dallas at Denver has my full attention, believe me. I just think Atlanta will come back to form from last week. First game at home, christening their new stadium and a top notch opponent like the Pack. Of course, I couldn't care less about the outcome, just think it will be an entertaining/copetitive game.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how the eye is immediately drawn to ATL/GB.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good match ups but the Minn vs Pitt game intrigues me the most. This could go a long way toward telling us if either of these two teams are just pretenders. Or tell us we have two legit teams albiet thru week 2.

Vikes are a contender and proved it when healthy in the first half of last season. With the defense alone they'll be in games and now they've upgraded their Oline and RB's. This team is just nasty right now. Their WR's are incredibly underrated IMO.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how the eye is immediately drawn to ATL/GB.

It's the obvious choice and this shouldn't have even been a thread. The real question should've been the second best matchup for week 2.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me GB vs Atl for my second choice. If Atlanta doesn't show up it goes a long way toward a possible SB hangover. This game also shows how improved the GB D is or was it just a fluke against that terrible Seattle O of week one?

GB's D last season had injuries to their top 3 CB's. They lost their #1 CB for the season and their #2 and #3 CB missed 10 games total and were never the same for the rest of the season with surgery on a groin injury (Rollins and Randall). They both had really good rookie years but the injuries held them back. Also, our #1 CB became Gunter who ran a 4.7 40 time. It was obvious he was slow when facing Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones in the playoffs who had 4 TD's combined against him. Gunter has now been released and the Packers signed Davon House from the Jags. In his first year with the Jags he was the #5 bump and run CB according to pro football focus. He had 4 int's and 23 PD's a record for the Jags in 2015. However, in 2016 they went to a zone scheme which he's terrible at and then they decided not to play him anymore and to not resign him. Packers recalled him shutting down Julio before and Jordy Nelson in practice so they picked him up for cheap. He's excellent at covering big strong and fast #1 WR's in bump and run coverage and will be a huge addition to this Packer defense. He did have a hamstring injury to knock him out of all preseason but he made the first game.

Rollins and Randall look way faster and were much tighter in coverage than all of last season. Also, Packers run the "Nitro" defense which is 3 safeties are in. The Seahawks only big plays (RW run, and one long pass came against the base 3-4) The Nitro D enables Morgan Brunett to either cover the RB, TE, stop the run or spy on the QB. Dude did all that last week and looked outstanding.

Overall, Hawks ineptitude on the O-line was a major factor in GB's defense looking like world beaters. However, The front 7 looks like a top 10 front 7 right now and the secondary has the second best safety tandem in the NFL with Ha Ha and Burnett with House, Randall and Rollins healthy. Pack were 21rst in scoring defense last season and I believe with the talent on the field and slight scheme change I believe they can be a top ten scoring defense at the very least.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packer beat the Falcons on the road, they'll have my attention. Not going to read to much on a home field victory opening week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas at Denver has my full attention, believe me. I just think Atlanta will come back to form from last week. First game at home, christening their new stadium and a top notch opponent like the Pack. Of course, I couldn't care less about the outcome, just think it will be an entertaining/copetitive game.
Fans will riot if they lose. A loss combined with no Chic-fil-A save the women and children

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB's D last season had injuries to their top 3 CB's. They lost their #1 CB for the season and their #2 and #3 CB missed 10 games total and were never the same for the rest of the season with surgery on a groin injury (Rollins and Randall). They both had really good rookie years but the injuries held them back. Also, our #1 CB became Gunter who ran a 4.7 40 time. It was obvious he was slow when facing Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones in the playoffs who had 4 TD's combined against him. Gunter has now been released and the Packers signed Davon House from the Jags. In his first year with the Jags he was the #5 bump and run CB according to pro football focus. He had 4 int's and 23 PD's a record for the Jags in 2015. However, in 2016 they went to a zone scheme which he's terrible at and then they decided not to play him anymore and to not resign him. Packers recalled him shutting down Julio before and Jordy Nelson in practice so they picked him up for cheap. He's excellent at covering big strong and fast #1 WR's in bump and run coverage and will be a huge addition to this Packer defense. He did have a hamstring injury to knock him out of all preseason but he made the first game.

Rollins and Randall look way faster and were much tighter in coverage than all of last season. Also, Packers run the "Nitro" defense which is 3 safeties are in. The Seahawks only big plays (RW run, and one long pass came against the base 3-4) The Nitro D enables Morgan Brunett to either cover the RB, TE, stop the run or spy on the QB. Dude did all that last week and looked outstanding.

Overall, Hawks ineptitude on the O-line was a major factor in GB's defense looking like world beaters. However, The front 7 looks like a top 10 front 7 right now and the secondary has the second best safety tandem in the NFL with Ha Ha and Burnett with House, Randall and Rollins healthy. Pack were 21rst in scoring defense last season and I believe with the talent on the field and slight scheme change I believe they can be a top ten scoring defense at the very least.
Let's just say I'm skeptical. Let's see what Sunday holds? That's the reason this game peaks my interest.
If games were played on paper or by what they did/didn't do last season Atlanta should've curb stomped Da Bears last week.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats/Saints game looks to be a shoot out

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than my own teams game I'm looking most forward to NE/NO. That game could really be a shootout if both Ds are anywhere near as bad as they looked week 1

I have TB and DB as my FF QB. Who should I start?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have TB and DB as my FF QB. Who should I start?
Honestly I'd start Brees. I think NE wins so it's likely Brees will be throwing it a lot the whole game . I see like 350 for 3 TDS for Brees. Brady will have a good game too but if NE leads late they'll be running

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game people are sleeping on is Jags-Titans. If the Jags win that is enormous, 2-0 plus 2-0 in the division. And Tennessee would be 0-2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better late than never huh...The Sun Night game was my vote which seems to be running away with it.

GB@ATL...both teams expected to be better on DEF, ATL imo expectantly are not going to be as potent on OFC as LY so this might be lower scoring. Rodgers presents the ultimate challenge every week...defend the whole field with his ability to extend plays and hurt you anywhere on the field.

I like the Falcons to win this one...I think the DEF will play a little better in their home opener...the young speed edge rusher vs GB OTs should be a key matchup...but last team with the ball most likely will win.

Several NFC vs AFC match ups this week

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the MIN @ PIT...obviously a homer game, Vikings looked pretty good in their home opener blowing out the Saints and were impressive on DEF vs Bress. PIT won a close game vs CLE on the road hard to gauge much in that game, Steelers won ugly, should not be pleased with their OFC effort overall.

Off last weeks play, I expect Bell to have a much better performance and more balance on the Steeler OFC...Bradford has to be respected so I think they will come after him and test his knee in this game. Dupree looks as if he will play for PIT...several nicked players for MIN are expected to go. Joe Haden got a game ball last week, but he probably looked at it like a participation trophy...he didn't play that great and I think he would tell you.

I think the Steelers get a solid effort from both sides of the ball and defend the home turf.

Just sort of personal interest game...CHI @ TB...the Bears DEF is better and they are not void of OFC playmakers, 1st game for the Bucs who are playing with some expectations for the 1st time in a while...should be interesting to see how Winston and the Bucs defend home turf. I'm sure Glennon knows that DEF well so this game should be close...sticking with the home team theme I have this week...I like the Bucs to get win #1.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game people are sleeping on is Jags-Titans. If the Jags win that is enormous, 2-0 plus 2-0 in the division. And Tennessee would be 0-2.

Great point...Titans got doubled up at home by OAK...I think they can recover from 0-2 because we don't know that JAX can sustain it, but it would be huge for them confidence wise.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB/ATL is probably the best matchup of the week but NO/NE intrigues me since it might be high scoring and the fact the Patriots could be 0-2.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'd start Brees. I think NE wins so it's likely Brees will be throwing it a lot the whole game . I see like 350 for 3 TDS for Brees. Brady will have a good game too but if NE leads late they'll be running

Tommy boy shit the bed last week. He may blow everyone away this week to prove something or not..........

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting Packers/Falcons. I think that should be a good one and it's two NFC teams that should be in contention to head to the Super Bowl. Pretty obvious pick IMO. Forgot they were playing this weekend so thanks for the reminder, I'll have to tune in.